Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't think Newman was really out of line...I'll have to re-read it. I always have found that Newman has been pretty on target when he speaks to the public tho.

Comment

• The truth hurts.

Romo needs to dump that tramp.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
        The truth hurts.

Romo needs to dump that tramp.
        Or Jason Garret could just take advantage of his quarterback. With the quickest release in nfl history you'd think a quick out/slant might be in the playbook...Sparano/Parcells took advantage of this...which also lead to better ball security....Garrett has not.

Comment

• I suck wrong thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            I didn't think Newman was really out of line...I'll have to re-read it. I always have found that Newman has been pretty on target when he speaks to the public tho.
            The issue really isn't whether he's right or wrong. You just don't do that to a teammate. Since when has Romo thrown a teammate under the bus.

If those things need to be said they need to be said in private or by a media member. I think it is chicken s*** of Newman to do this.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              The issue really isn't whether he's right or wrong. You just don't do that to a teammate. Since when has Romo thrown a teammate under the bus.

If those things need to be said they need to be said in private or by a media member. I think it is chicken s*** of Newman to do this.
              Well Romo can take this two ways. But Newman also says.

Reached Monday, Newman said he doesn't believe the relationship affects Romo, "but the public perception is that it does affect him."

"The thing they don't see is he might go [out of town] but at the same time he comes back and works out," Newman said. "He's been in there the past couple of weeks with the rest of us. Roy Williams and me and a bunch of guys are in there busting our butts, and he's right there with us. They don't see him working out. They don't see what he puts into the preparation."

Comment

• Someone wanna fill me in on all this talk of Newman? Did I miss a story somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson79 View Post
                  Someone wanna fill me in on all this talk of Newman? Did I miss a story somewhere?
                  http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ce-newman.html

Comment

• I don't have a problem with it. This team got manhandled and raped in the last game of the season. There was too much talking and cry baby **** during the year. Looking back, the team did seem distracted and mentally weak.

How else to you explain the "most talented" team in the NFL missing the playoffs?

...T.O.? hah

Comment

• I listened a few times and didn't find fault with what Newman said, it's not like he came out and said "Well Tony struggled because of his GF so that's all there is to it", he just said the perception was worse then it really was.

And my whole thing is, the media asking the questions make a bigger deal out of this crap, how stupid is it to act like a girl is messing up his head...I guess Gisselle is screwing up 6th round pick Tom Brady too huh, or maybe because Jessica always has someone following her that has to be bugging Romo.

Come on, people always want to find the root of the problem, but it's dumb bringing up his relationship into football, if he really likes her what is supposed to break up with her so people THINK that he's taking football more serious? That's stupid, about as dumb as saying the reason Newman had a lapse vs Holmes in the Pitt game on that long 3rd down was because he was thinking about his wife before the play and how good she is in bed.

See how easy it is to just make crap up, Tony can date who he wants to, he's not the first or last guy to date a celebrity, people just get bored and run out of questions so they want to stir up ****.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson79 View Post
                        Someone wanna fill me in on all this talk of Newman? Did I miss a story somewhere?

JJT hit it on the head.

http://jacquestaylorblog.dallasnews....the-locke.html
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Didn't seem like Newman said anything bad to me. It just seems that he said that people think the public perception hurts Romo. It didn't sound like he was down talking Tony in my eyes. Some people make it seem like he said something like, "Tony needs to let go of Jessica. She's making him suck!"

And even if that happens I really don't care if Tony's feelings are hurt, or if Newman crossed the line. Now I'm not saying that it's right to trash talk each other, but I'm saying nothing said outside the field matters to what happens on the field. If Romo throws a pick it's not because he's upset with Newman talking bad about his girlfriend, it's because he made the wrong read or threw the wrong pass. I'm just not buying this whole thing though. It just seems like something people want to stir up to say that there's drama with the Cowboys. Terence Newman could've said that Tony Romo is the best QB in the game, and ESPN would say that TNew is dissing Marion barber because they didn't make the playoffs.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                            I would say its 80% we pick him up. Jerry has a huge man crush on this kid.
                            Indeed, Jerry loves this kid. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we pick him up.

Comment

• Who cares... If Romo doesn't like it, let him prove the doubters wrong.

The Tony apologists are starting to get a little annoying. I love the guy, but I have my questions about him. I think he's a good QB and there are only a few guys I'd take over him, but he needs to prove that he doesn't choke and that the spotlight isn't too big for him.

He needs to be a leader. He needs to make this his team and hold guys accountable. If you won't do that, then maybe all the talk is warranted.

Comment

• Yeah, I have been to sites where people are ripping the hell out of Romo for his comments after the eagle loss and how he isn't a leader. Irvin always said that if he was complaining or something, that Aikmen would tell him to ****. Romo would never do that to TO. Brady would, Manning would.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information