This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.bangcartoon.com/2008/shuffle.htm
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      Who cares... If Romo doesn't like it, let him prove the doubters wrong.

The Tony apologists are starting to get a little annoying. I love the guy, but I have my questions about him. I think he's a good QB and there are only a few guys I'd take over him, but he needs to prove that he doesn't choke and that the spotlight isn't too big for him.

He needs to be a leader. He needs to make this his team and hold guys accountable. If you won't do that, then maybe all the talk is warranted.
      Agree with what this guy says. Also, I'm glad to see this kind of thing in the media from a Cowboy. Usually everyone stays quiet in the offseason except Greg Ellis, and all he wants to talk about is how bad the organization is treating him.

So for Newman to be talking frankly about the team multiple times this offseason speaks to me about where he is as a leader on the team. I feel like Newman is speaking for a large contingent of that team, or he wouldn't be saying it at all, and he's using the media to call out things that need to be called out. People need to be held accountable, and if everyone can't be gotten on the same page privately, maybe publicly challenging someone is the next step.

I don't have a problem with Newman saying essentially, Romo could be more focused. He's telling the truth. He's not saying "I don't think Romo can make NFL-type throws" or "This game moves too fast for him". Newman knows, like we all do that Romo is talented and smart enough to play the game. But his dedication and focus wavered very publicly - to the detriment of the entire team.

I wonder where Bradie James stands on all of this as the consensus captain of the D.

Comment

• I don't doubt that you guys may have calling it all night, but did it work prior to the int? What were the results to that? You guys had the lead at throughout so something was working until the wheels came off? How do you know Romo made the right read on that play? What if like I pmed you or was it D-unit, that he just disgarded his read and just throw it to someone he thought was open? Didn't TO get mad because he was wide open? I actually remember watching that game, and they showed TO flip out on someone because he was open. This was the Steelers game I am talking about. What did the position coaches upstars tell Jason G.? Did they tell him to run the play because of prior success? It may be Garrett's fault, and if it is, then you're right, but my point is that in football there is always other variables. And sadly, fans are not privy to all of that stuff, but the weird thing is, in the fan culture of football, bashing or praising players and coaches without having ALL the information is the norm. In my opinion it's weird, and interesting at the same time.

Comment

• The way I read the Newman quote was that he was saying that public perception is hurting Romo...or the public perception IS that Jessica is hurting Romo. He is NOT saying that Romo is unfocused solely because of his love life.

There are two reasons this thing didn't get blown out of proportion. The first is that it's Terrence Newman, not TO or some other offensive player; the second is that it's really not a big deal (ie, something the media can't really make a big deal out of). The worst criticism that can be made is JJT's (posted above), that Newman broke "the code."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
            I don't doubt that you guys may have calling it all night, but did it work prior to the int? What were the results to that? You guys had the lead at throughout so something was working until the wheels came off? How do you know Romo made the right read on that play? What if like I pmed you or was it D-unit, that he just disgarded his read and just throw it to someone he thought was open? Didn't TO get mad because he was wide open? I actually remember watching that game, and they showed TO flip out on someone because he was open. This was the Steelers game I am talking about. What did the position coaches upstars tell Jason G.? Did they tell him to run the play because of prior success? It may be Garrett's fault, and if it is, then you're right, but my point is that in football there is always other variables. And sadly, fans are not privy to all of that stuff, but the weird thing is, in the fan culture of football, bashing or praising players and coaches without having ALL the information is the norm. In my opinion it's weird, and interesting at the same time.
            Have a tough night out at the bar? What's the mumbling about?

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
              The way I read the Newman quote was that he was saying that public perception is hurting Romo...or the public perception IS that Jessica is hurting Romo. He is NOT saying that Romo is unfocused solely because of his love life.

There are two reasons this thing didn't get blown out of proportion. The first is that it's Terrence Newman, not TO or some other offensive player; the second is that it's really not a big deal (ie, something the media can't really make a big deal out of). The worst criticism that can be made is JJT's (posted above), that Newman broke "the code."
              What's the story between Tony and Jessica anyways? Are they going to get married soon? Is this a dead end? Predictions???

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Have a tough night out at the bar? What's the mumbling about?
                It's a continuation from the Cutler thread...we didnt want to keep hijacking that one. I really cant answer every question he poses, the game was a while ago and I cant remember every play called on what down and what not. It's not real fresh in the memory. I'd rather not keep re-hashing these games either. haha. He keeps trying to make a case for Garrett...we all understand that there are many variables and a lot goes on that the fans cant perceive or see but, there really is no denying the fact that Garrett did a bad job last year. And in his case, it's hard to make a really good argument because, he wasnt that familiar with the playcalling/scheming in question. That's not to say, I dont like going back and fourth with him. One of the smarter posters on here....one of my new buddies. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  What's the story between Tony and Jessica anyways? Are they going to get married soon? Is this a dead end? Predictions???
                  I'm not much into the whole celebrity scene (not their personal lives, atleast) or heavy TMZ watching but, from the tidbits I've gathered, they seem pretty close to tying the knot.

He should tell her not until he wins a SB. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I didn't know what that was about so yeah, I guess that makes better sense now.

...but I'm sure there is not once ounce of bias behind his defense of Garrett is there... :D

Comment

• I dont even know why Newman wants to be all talkative now. He's just causing more problems even if his heart is the right place, most of the time. But, why even call out the blitzing schemes and such? We lead the league in sacks by a fairly large margin. He said, they were calling our blitzers out at the line. Well um, they obviously didnt stop them, regardless if they were or not. I dont know exactly what is fueling or motivating Newman right now but, I honestly dont think it's in the best interest of the team to be throwing all this out to the media. This is what Ellis does when he is disgruntled. I dont know what Newman's deal is right now. I'm sure he doesnt mean much by the things he has said lately but, it would be nice to go a little while without someone else causing more drama. Deliberately or not.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-17-2009, 03:37 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        I dont even know why Newman wants to be all talkative now. He's just causing more problems. Why even call out the blitzing schemes and such? We lead the league in sacks by a fairly large margin. He said, they were calling our blitzers out at the line. Well um, they obviously didnt stop them, regardless if they were or not. I dont know exactly what is fueling or motivating Newman right now but, I honestly dont think it's in the best interest of the team to be throwing all this out to the media. This is what Ellis does when he is a little disgruntled. I dont know what Newman's deal is right now.
                        Newman has always spoke his mind when asked....he always speaks the truth it's just the guy he is. I think those shots were at Stewart myself...but he doesn't elaborate.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Newman has always spoke his mind when asked....he always speaks the truth it's just the guy he is. I think those shots were at Stewart myself...but he doesn't elaborate.
                          Meh...like I said in my edit. He's probably not trying to cause problems but, it would be nice if we could actually go a little while without someone new causing us more problems or drama. Newman's a good guy but, you dont want him calling out players or coaching schemes to the media. We've seen enough of that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Meh...like I said in my edit. He's probably not trying to cause problems but, it would be nice if we could actually go a little while without someone new causing us more problems or drama. Newman's a good guy but, you dont want him calling out players or coaching schemes to the media. We've seen enough of that.
                            I agree....the "no speak" rule has been great...even if the news isn't out there as a fan...because the media can make any comment mean anything they want and spin it. If noone is speaking noone can cause drama. Oh well...I don't see Romo or Phillips getting ruffled feathers from this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              Agree with what this guy says. Also, I'm glad to see this kind of thing in the media from a Cowboy. Usually everyone stays quiet in the offseason except Greg Ellis, and all he wants to talk about is how bad the organization is treating him.

So for Newman to be talking frankly about the team multiple times this offseason speaks to me about where he is as a leader on the team. I feel like Newman is speaking for a large contingent of that team, or he wouldn't be saying it at all, and he's using the media to call out things that need to be called out. People need to be held accountable, and if everyone can't be gotten on the same page privately, maybe publicly challenging someone is the next step.

I don't have a problem with Newman saying essentially, Romo could be more focused. He's telling the truth. He's not saying "I don't think Romo can make NFL-type throws" or "This game moves too fast for him". Newman knows, like we all do that Romo is talented and smart enough to play the game. But his dedication and focus wavered very publicly - to the detriment of the entire team.

I wonder where Bradie James stands on all of this as the consensus captain of the D.

Absolute BS!

It is not Newman's place to criticize anyone, especially Romo.

Newman needs to focus on staying healthy for an etire season and not getting his ass torched by Santana Moss or S. Holmes.

You just don't do that. Romo has done nothing to deserve that.

Name the time Romo has ever said anything negative about a teammate.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Newman shut down Moss in their second meeting...

And his words were twisted...he said that the media had an affect on him not that his relationship affected his play.

Your taking the media seriously here imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information