Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I didn't know what that was about so yeah, I guess that makes better sense now.

    ...but I'm sure there is not once ounce of bias behind his defense of Garrett is there... :D
    Alittle bias, yes, lol. Moth knows as well out of you dallas fans since I pmed him originally. But i will do alot more dallas breakdowns, that's if I get the time, if you both get my drift! : ) Ideally I would like to not have time, but if I happen to, then I will focus on what you guys run and document every down and distance and playcall like I do for the giants.

    Comment


    • Been thinking about the WR position.

      I think Austin is going to continue to grow and Hurd is solid.

      The guy that I think can be a real wildcard is Stanback. It would be so awesome if he would breakout and be the deep threat we hoped he would. He's got serious wheels and has shown some flashes in pre-season. And he's not just a straight line speed guy; he's is very good in the open field. Go back and watch some of his youtube from college. Makes you wonder if he could return punts. Here's hoping he can stay healthy and make some plays.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


      -Douglas MacArthur

      Comment


      • Health is the big question mark. What if we have a repeat of last year? Stanback, Austin, and Hurd all missed time. A repeat would be disastrous.




        The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

        Comment


        • Yeah, that would be a big problem. Of course, the key would be the timing. If they all missed time, but it wasn't all at the same time, we could probably absorb that.

          Stanback was pretty healthy in college so I'm just hoping it was some bad luck and he will be ready to go this year.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


          -Douglas MacArthur

          Comment


          • I think last year was more of an aberration than anything, but I see what you're saying pocketaces. I think the years before of not suffering any major injuries just caught up to them. When was the last major injury suffered by the Cowboys before then? Greg Ellis in 2006? Then all of a sudden you lose Roy and Felix for the year in addition to Romo for 3 games, etc. Hopefully that won't happen again.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

            Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

            Comment


            • Last year was a combination of alot of things........A team like the Patriots would have absorbed the injuries and kept playing strong. Our demise was more character and coaching. Injuries did hamper this team, but not as much as the previous mention items. The characters have been removed, but the coaches remain. Did the coaches learn anything for last year? That is the question. We will find out.......I hope Garrett has learned alot from last year or it is going to be a long year.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ricowboy View Post
                Last year was a combination of alot of things........A team like the Patriots would have absorbed the injuries and kept playing strong. Our demise was more character and coaching. Injuries did hamper this team, but not as much as the previous mention items. The characters have been removed, but the coaches remain. Did the coaches learn anything for last year? That is the question. We will find out.......I hope Garrett has learned alot from last year or it is going to be a long year.
                You hit the nail on the head. This team had some serious character issues. They don't understand that having the star on your helmet doesn't make you better than everybody else by default. You have to earn your stripes to be called the best.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

                Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  Been thinking about the WR position.

                  I think Austin is going to continue to grow and Hurd is solid.

                  The guy that I think can be a real wildcard is Stanback. It would be so awesome if he would breakout and be the deep threat we hoped he would. He's got serious wheels and has shown some flashes in pre-season. And he's not just a straight line speed guy; he's is very good in the open field. Go back and watch some of his youtube from college. Makes you wonder if he could return punts. Here's hoping he can stay healthy and make some plays.

                  Stanback's progression will get halted again by that shoulder injury...His injury was no fluke, his shoulder pops out every time he gets contact on that area, sadly it's one of those spots that keep occuring...I think he has potential to be the guy I need, but I'd be willing to bet someone any amount of $ they wanted he'll go down by week 4 or sooner with the same shoulder injury.


                  Austin & Hurd had fluke injuries, and it seemed like that for the whole team, their injuries can get back to 100% by this season and be ready to go, Stanback is tearing shoulder cartilage every time his shoulder pops out and I think it's gone out at least 4 times, combine that with the fact that we want him to be our return specialist and I can't see him taking that type of punishment.


                  At times it even looks like he's letting up on Kick Returns to ease the blow on his shoulder, just doesn't seem like it'll ever get right, and he needs one FULL season of 14-16 games played to properly progress like we are expecting.





                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Stanback's progression will get halted again by that shoulder injury...His injury was no fluke, his shoulder pops out every time he gets contact on that area, sadly it's one of those spots that keep occuring...I think he has potential to be the guy I need, but I'd be willing to bet someone any amount of $ they wanted he'll go down by week 4 or sooner with the same shoulder injury.


                    Austin & Hurd had fluke injuries, and it seemed like that for the whole team, their injuries can get back to 100% by this season and be ready to go, Stanback is tearing shoulder cartilage every time his shoulder pops out and I think it's gone out at least 4 times, combine that with the fact that we want him to be our return specialist and I can't see him taking that type of punishment.


                    At times it even looks like he's letting up on Kick Returns to ease the blow on his shoulder, just doesn't seem like it'll ever get right, and he needs one FULL season of 14-16 games played to properly progress like we are expecting.
                    Yeah, you may be right.

                    However, isn't this past season the first time he had it surgically repaired?
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                    -Douglas MacArthur

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      Yeah, you may be right.

                      However, isn't this past season the first time he had it surgically repaired?
                      He had it surgically repaired after the 2007 season. I'm assuming he also had it repaired again after 2008.

                      Comment


                      • So...Bobby Carpenter is officially on the block, what are you guys expecting?


                        A pick leaves our depth at LB pretty bad especially on passing downs, Brooking was killed in coverage for ATL...I'd be shocked if we got a 5th, 6th sounds more likely unless we have an actual player in mind.


                        I'm still looking at Detroit, Barbie fits with them, and so does Ellis, there could be some sort of package deal in the works because both of those guys will be starters for Detroit.





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • I've got the perfect answer for you right here LL...

                          Apparently the Browns have made it known that everyone on the team outside of D'Qwell Jackson and Joe Thomas can be had for the right price.

                          Disgruntled NT Shaun Rogers wants out and the team would be willing to trade him if the right deal came along.

                          Barbie and our 2nd rounder for Shaun Rogers. BOOM.

                          I'm not sure if that would work with the cap though. I'm fairly certain Rogers would still be too pricey. Maybe include Ellis? Maybe Spears (remember, Spears did hit the block for a few weeks last off season)?

                          Spears would be a better fit in the Browns 3-4 as opposed to ours anyway.

                          Comment


                          • Browns cant trade him because, of a massive cap hit and we couldnt even bring that contract on our roster.

                            I thought they said Carp was being shopped...but this was prior to Burnett signing elsewhere. It doesnt make a whole lot of sense to trade him now. I wouldnt care regardless, though. I wouldnt be surprised if he got cut either. Damn we need a good ILB in this draft.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • I coulda swore there was a way Rogers could be traded without a huge cap hit, they have been discussing the possibilities of it and I don't really remember them shutting down that option...Like Burns said they are only holding onto two guys, but I wouldn't know how it would work out money wise but other then that I'd give up that and a pick next year for what Rogers would do to our defense.


                              I agree it may still have to be a great offer for us to give him up without a replacement player, but I'm expecting one more deal with Detroit so who knows.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Browns cant trade him because, of a massive cap hit and we couldnt even bring that contract on our roster.

                                I thought they said Carp was being shopped...but this was prior to Burnett signing elsewhere. It doesnt make a whole lot of sense to trade him now. I wouldnt care regardless, though. I wouldnt be surprised if he got cut either. Damn we need a good ILB in this draft.
                                ****. That's what I figured. Although, I just read this morning that the Browns are willing to give him up, so I'm not sure if you're 100% correct on them not trading him.

                                I knew there was probably no way we could afford him though...

                                Unless we traded Spears, Carp, and Ellis for him straight up :)

                                Then use our 2nd/3rd on ILB and OLB and we're golden baby. Yes, this is totally Madden style but it's also totally sweet to imagine. Igor-Rogers-Ratliff= Death upon all opponents.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information