This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Your only claim to fame is that you were the biggest Roy Williams complainer who never offered real solutions. Benching the guy for the rest of his career until he was cheap enough to be a cap cut was not a solution.
    I said cut him or sit him. You deemed that to be unacceptable because it was unacceptable, circular reasoning at its worst.

Yet funny enuff last year he was effectively benched and we played better. And even funnier, he was finally cut and we will have a useful player replacing him.

I called for more MLB speed in off-season 2006 and new SS/FS combo. I called for Romo in training camp 2006. I hated brad Johnson in off-season 2007 and I called for a real NT in 2007 and more DBs. I called for Hutch to replace Rivera and then we over spent on Bigg a year later. I called the massive money last off-season 2008 a total waste -- it was. I hated the Fasano trade. I hated the Bennett pick. I love the CB choices last off-season after saying we need some hi-twitch dudes to cover the slot. Let me add another name to the list of guys I called for before anyone Miles Austin. Everyone else was riding Hurd's jock. The list is endless. Hey, I even still think Carpenter can play but he needs to ... PLAY! I think a few of our back-ups can be starters but you need courage to let the Vet go. Ack, you lifted my point that WCO would be a better fit for Romo .

So whatever dude. Enjoy the sun and surf and let's see what Jerrah Jones does this offseason. So far he is A+++++++++ in my book.
    Last edited by fatblunt; 03-31-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

You can't see me... but I really got a good laugh out of that. Not that it happened to you or anything... just that's funny because that's the friggen kind of people they are. :D I play basketball every Tuesday night and I hate playing against those guys because they bang the hell outta me... and I hate playing with them cause they hog cheese, can't shoot a lick and get mad if you miss. LMAO. But they are big jokers who like to laugh and make us all laugh too. This one guy... man... every week he takes someone out. It's not funny.

... I liked that story so much, I think I'll let you hang around a little longer this time. :)
      He fuhhcking hit me so hard on the shoulders I not only went backwards but I actually did a complete 360 degree and got grass stains on the top of my arse, back, bald skull and stomach. It was bad.

Ay, I play ball 4 times a week at the Y and my back is barking right now. I feel ya and I think I am older too.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatblunt View Post
        I said cut him or sit him. You deemed that to be unacceptable because it was unacceptable, circular reasoning at its worst.

Yet funny enuff last year he was effectively benched and we played better. And even funnier, he was finally cut and we will have a useful player replacing him.

I called for more MLB speed in off-season 2006 and new SS/FS combo. I called for Romo in training camp 2006. I hated brad Johnson in off-season 2007 and I called for a real NT in 2007 and more DBs. I called for Hutch to replace Rivera and then we over spent on Bigg a year later. I called the massive money last off-season 2008 a total waste -- it was. I hated the Fasano trade. I hated the Bennett pick. I love the CB choices last off-season after saying we need some hi-twitch dudes to cover the slot. Let me add another name to the list of guys I called for before anyone Miles Austin. Everyone else was riding Hurd's jock. The list is endless. Hey, I even still think Carpenter can play but he needs to ... PLAY! I think a few of our back-ups can be starters but you need courage to let the Vet go. Ack, you even lifted my point that WCO would be a better fit for Romo and then represented it as your own original thought.

So whatever dude. Enjoy the sun and surf and let's see what Jerrah Jones does this offseason. So far he is A+++++++++ in my book.
        Wow... If only we all kept our own stat sheets of what we thought was right and hit on it and what we thought was wrong.... lucky for you, you don't have any wrongs. LOL.

Most of the stuff you just said right there I just breezed through because I don't remember what you said, nor do I care to believe it. But that last one on Romo being a WCO... I did acknowledge that you brought that to my attention and it did put that lightbulb on in my head. So to say I repped it as my own thought is wrong. It's dumb too... because the reason why I like coming to this part of the forum in the first place is because I get good input from everyone! You're so hung up on yourself that you think you're special just because you brought up a good point? Wow. Can you imagine if we were all like that???

McArthur, do you have a fat head now that I thanked you for bringing up the point that Siavii is probably better than a lot of the other NTs outside of Raji?

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4031893

I would swap Romo and our number 2 for Cutler.

I think Cutler a better fit for a Zampese system and I think he is the best young arm in the NFL.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4031893

I would swap Romo and our number 2 for Cutler.

I think Cutler a better fit for a Zampese system and I think he is the best young arm in the NFL.
            Let's do it. Locks up Shanny in '2010!

Comment

Wow... If only we all kept our own stat sheets of what we thought was right and hit on it and what we thought was wrong.... lucky for you, you don't have any wrongs. LOL.

Most of the stuff you just said right there I just breezed through because I don't remember what you said, nor do I care to believe it. But that last one on Romo being a WCO... I did acknowledge that you brought that to my attention and it did put that lightbulb on in my head. So to say I repped it as my own thought is wrong. It's dumb too... because the reason why I like coming to this part of the forum in the first place is because I get good input from everyone! You're so hung up on yourself that you think you're special just because you brought up a good point? Wow. Can you imagine if we were all like that???

McArthur, do you have a fat head now that I thanked you for bringing up the point that Siavii is probably better than a lot of the other NTs outside of Raji?
              You seem like a nice enuff guy.

And of course, I said/predicted plenty of things that were wrong. I have no problem with that. But a man's sins do not dismiss his virtues. Like being a Cowboy fan is certainly a virtue.

You really think Siavii has a higher ceiling than Brace or any other NT in the draft?

Comment

Let's do it. Locks up Shanny in '2010!
                You get 4 years younger, better arm, no more Jessica and possibly Shanahan (if we stink it up this year).

Comment

You seem like a nice enuff guy.

And of course, I said/predicted plenty of things that were wrong. I have no problem with that. But a man's sins do not dismiss his virtues. Like being a Cowboy fan is certainly a virtue.

You really think Siavii has a higher ceiling than Brace or any other NT in the draft?
                  I am not a Brace fan. I just see a fat, slow, lazy guy who rode the coattails of Raji.

I wasn't a Felix fan either though. I wasn't a fan of Spencer or Carp either... so I dunno what that says. I know I loved Jenkins.

Comment

I wasn't a Felix fan either though. I wasn't a fan of Spencer or Carp either... so I dunno what that says. I know I loved Jenkins.
                    I wanted Rashard, I loved Jenkins. I also thought taking Rashard could have saved us some money in the MBIII contract or at worst we could have traded him after tendering him. He got injured but we will see this year on who is better.

I thought the Spencer pick was too big of an investment given Burnett, Ware, Carp on top of Ellis. I wanted Lawson over Carp as WLB and Ware to SLB personally. FWIF I was a huge huge huge Woodley fan and thought him a much more productive college player than Spencer.

In the Spencer year, I had a man crush for Sidney Rice that year in the second and we could have kept an additional third I think without giving it to Philly. I remember talking Rice b/c I felt we need a red-zone WR who could go get it ... now we got Roy so.

But heh. Just a game.

Comment

• But I was the first to say Cutler to Denver! Rob you must credit me...quit stealing my thoughts....haha I'm j/k but honestly some of the things you say come off as that occasionally. As long as people keep level heads around here...this board is as productive as any out there.

Comment

Don't flatter yourself. I don't need D-Unit's approval to affirm my football knowledge! ;)
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                          Sorry, but I don't think Siavii has much of a chance. He didn't do anything last year, and he was the only "true" NT on the roster. I know there was some investment on Tank, but he could've at least pushed for some kind of playing time. Sure he's strong as hell, but does he know how to apply it?

What's funny is that the draft he came out I desperately wanted the Cowboys to draft him along with Igor Olshansky and Isaac Sopoaga. Those three guys were beastly strong, and on Madden I'd always trade for them and put them in my rotation. Maybe that dream could finally come true. lol

YOu may be right, but keep in mind last year was his first year back after 2 years out of the game. It stands to reason that it would take him some time to get back in the groove. Plus, with Tank here, Junior didn't have much of a chance because JJ had too much invested in TAnk.

The dude was a 2nd rounder and started 12 games as a rookie so it's not like he's just some fat ass off the street.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            YOu may be right, but keep in mind last year was his first year back after 2 years out of the game. It stands to reason that it would take him some time to get back in the groove. Plus, with Tank here, Junior didn't have much of a chance because JJ had too much invested in TAnk.

The dude was a 2nd rounder and started 12 games as a rookie so it's not like he's just some fat ass off the street.
                            Forgot about the injuries he had. It makes me a little more intrigued by him. But I would still cover my bases with another NT. I really do hope that he becomes another Columbo type find, because I was really excited about him when he came out. He's got the perfect style for a NT. We'll see what happens. I'll definitely be crossing my fingers.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              Don't flatter yourself. I don't need D-Unit's approval to affirm my football knowledge! ;)
                              OK, somebody didn't get it... :P

Comment

• Does anybody else get a good feeling about Stephen Bowen? I'm not saying he'll turn into a world beater, but he seems to impress with the time he's given. I use to ask what he was doing out there, but he's seemed to earn more time the more he plays. Maybe throw him in a competition against Spears and Hatcher on the left side. I have a feeling he'd respond to that pretty well.
                                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information