This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Maybe he's right, but I still haven't seen even a snap from him for me to be able to make that kind of judgement.
    This goes along with the point I'm trying to make... He hasn't even been able to get a snap playing behind Ratliff or Tank Johnson here even though Wade prefers to have a bigger NT and he couldn't get a snap playing behind old and undersized Jason Ferguson in Miami.

Both teams have cut him and just passed him back and forth as a "potential player"

When do we look at a guy and say "He's been in the league 3 or 4 years now and hasn't even been able to earn backup snaps, he probably isn't ever going to be anything"

I mean when is Savaii going to make an impact? Year 6? Is that when he is finally going to earn his 10 snaps a game?

We'll see... I could be wrong, but I just don't even think this guy deserves being discussed on these boards. Matt Stewart has a better chance at contributing this year than Savaii does.

Our team just really needs help along the D-line. I know you agree D and I know Thule agrees. We need to do something because it's the same problem we've had on defense since we've switched to the 3-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      There's a difference in saying a guy is not capable of playing at a certain level, which is fine, and calling some one a turd and a loser without any sort of explaination for that childish type of dialogue.
      Spears is a turd and a loser, as is Savaii. Look, I'm not in here to give well thought out and planned responses.

I get on, I see what the current topic being discussed is and I give my opinion. If I think a player is a total scrub, I'm going to call him a turd.

Comment

• I hear what you're saying Burns, but a lot of people don't get a chance in the NFL and it's often a numbers game. Sometimes it's coaching favorites. Sometimes it's the guy with the fat contract getting the playing time. Sometimes a guy develops slow. I know one thing though... There is some things I keep reading about him that make me believe there is a silver lining in all this.

Did you see what Wade said about Siavii?

** Wade Phillips believes Junior Siavii and Tim Anderson could be the answer at nose tackle behind Jay Ratliff. The Cowboys thought Siavii would hook on with a team last year after he was mong their final cuts. Anderson was a third round pick a few years ago. But Phillips also mentioned Siavii's relationship with Igor Olshansky and I forgot they played at Oregon together.

"They have a close relationship," Phillips said. "They work hard together. Both were high draft choices coming out of Oregon and they push each other and compete with each other with everything they did in college. Igor talked about, I'm going to get with Junior and we're going to do this and we're going to do that and Junior says, Well, I can out do him. So I think it'll be a fun thing for us to have them."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...s-nuggets.html

Wade is connecting the dots... and I think that's a pretty savvy move as a matter of fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          I hear what you're saying Burns, but a lot of people don't get a chance in the NFL and it's often a numbers game. Sometimes it's coaching favorites. Sometimes it's the guy with the fat contract getting the playing time. Sometimes a guy develops slow. I know one thing though... There is some things I keep reading about him that make me believe there is a silver lining in all this.

Did you see what Wade said about Siavii?

** Wade Phillips believes Junior Siavii and Tim Anderson could be the answer at nose tackle behind Jay Ratliff. The Cowboys thought Siavii would hook on with a team last year after he was mong their final cuts. Anderson was a third round pick a few years ago. But Phillips also mentioned Siavii's relationship with Igor Olshansky and I forgot they played at Oregon together.

"They have a close relationship," Phillips said. "They work hard together. Both were high draft choices coming out of Oregon and they push each other and compete with each other with everything they did in college. Igor talked about, I'm going to get with Junior and we're going to do this and we're going to do that and Junior says, Well, I can out do him. So I think it'll be a fun thing for us to have them."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...s-nuggets.html

Wade is connecting the dots... and I think that's a pretty savvy move as a matter of fact.
          I actually have a lot of faith in Wade from that standpoint. If he thinks the guy can play, that's good enough for me. Especially when it's a defensive player.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
            I actually have a lot of faith in Wade from that standpoint. If he thinks the guy can play, that's good enough for me. Especially when it's a defensive player.
            FWIW, if we think Siavii and Anderson are as good as Brace then we are nut to go Brace.

Comment

• I forgot Olshansky and Siavii played together at Oregon. Hopefully Siavii finally puts his strength to use. If he can't make it as a nose now he never will.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Not a Flozell fan anymore

Just my 2nd post here so I thought I would post on my favorite NFL team, I've been a Cowboys fan since I grew up in San Antonio way way back in the day when they were the 1st team to use those newfangled things called computers for player scouting & the 1st to use a Ring of Honor for their stars since all the other NFL teams laughed at them b/c they didn't retire jersey nos..... how many teams have copied those now?

I would like to say that the big reupped contract Flozell Adams signed was a major mistake. How is it that the league leader yr. in & yr. out in jumping offsides & blowing the snap count is one of the highest paid O-linemen in the NFL? Anybody remember the last Cowboys playoff loss, their 7th freaking one in a row by my count, when he cost them about half of their huge 16 penalities? I can understand not hearing the count in a road game domed stadium, but they were at home then. It was like Wk. 18 with the same QB all yr, no excuse for that. And he led the league I think in offsides penalties again in 08 -- He has talent but he's dumber than a box of hammers.

Dallas had what was once considered the best O-line in the NFL 2 seasons ago when they placed a rcd. 13 players in the Pro Bowl & it's fallen considerably since then. I think Flozell Adams is one of the main reason for that decline.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  Just my 2nd post here so I thought I would post on my favorite NFL team, I've been a Cowboys fan since I grew up in San Antonio way way back in the day when they were the 1st team to use those newfangled things called computers for player scouting & the 1st to use a Ring of Honor for their stars since all the other NFL teams laughed at them b/c they didn't retire jersey nos..... how many teams have copied those now?

I would like to say that the big reupped contract Flozell Adams signed was a major mistake. How is it that the league leader yr. in & yr. out in jumping offsides & blowing the snap count is one of the highest paid O-linemen in the NFL? Anybody remember the last Cowboys playoff loss, their 7th freaking one in a row by my count, when he cost them about half of their huge 16 penalities? I can understand not hearing the count in a road game domed stadium, but they were at home then. It was like Wk. 18 with the same QB all yr, no excuse for that. And he led the league I think in offsides penalties again in 08 -- He has talent but he's dumber than a box of hammers.

Dallas had what was once considered the best O-line in the NFL 2 seasons ago when they placed a rcd. 13 players in the Pro Bowl & it's fallen considerably since then. I think Flozell Adams is one of the main reason for that decline.
                  Welcome to the boards man(or woman). I feel you on the Flozell thing, but he's still a good player. He might not be what he was two years ago when he dominated people like Jason Taylor and Osi, but he's still a good serviceable guy. His contract is the problem though, and it sucks that he makes so much when it's pretty certain that he won't be here for 6 more years. His penalties really irk me, because when I played I never understood how you can false start if you know the snap count. Now of course I've never played in a stadium with tens of thousands of fans screaming, but with Flozell it's pretty ridiculous. It's like he has to get it out of his system. The same thing happens with Columbo too, just not at the same rate as Flozell. But he's still a good player, and I hope they restructure his contract and draft Loadholt to eventually replace him.

Oh and feel you on the Cowboy love. I bleed blue and silver like no other. I plan my Sundays around football, and the Cowboys are king. Hopefully they can get that sixth ring to get the record tied up again.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Nothing will come of it but, the Jets are eye balling Miles Austin.

According to sources, the Jets have scheduled to meet with Austin, a restricted free agent, Thursday and Friday.

The Cowboys gave Austin a $1.545 million tender offer that would require a team to give up a second-round pick as compensation if the Cowboys did not match. The restricted free-agent signing period ends on April 17. Four restricted free agents have signed offer sheets this off-season, but their teams matched the offers.

If the Jets sign Austin, the Cowboys would have a week to match the offer. New York's second-round selection is No. 52, one spot behind the Cowboys' first pick of the draft.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Jerry would match it even if, I think he'd rather wait to sign him to a deal, but no way would he let him get away even for that 2nd...We would have a bigger hole at WR and there isn't many WR's interesting in the 2nd round, if there were the Jets wouldn't be interested.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• We let the Jets sign Austin, we get their 2nd, we ship both 2s to 'Zona for Boldin. Who's with me?

Comment

• A 2nd round pick for a WR who had a total of 18 catches last year and was a decent kick returner...are you kidding me...I cash this check twice.

I'm with MOTH that nothing will come of this but if they offered....I sure as hell wouldn't match. Thanks for the 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                            We let the Jets sign Austin, we get their 2nd, we ship both 2s to 'Zona for Boldin. Who's with me?
                            Rather draft a guy in the 4th to stretch the field and add a vet like Holt to our team personally. We don't have the cap room to make Boldin happy right away...which is where the problem started in ARZ.

The 2 seconds would give us enough ammunition to grab a guy like Beatty/Oher/Smith if they were to fall which is something to think about. Even a guy like Raji...although I don't buy it could happen...Malcolm Jenkins could fall...a darkhorse like Cushing depending on where he falls.

Hell if we got a 2nd for Austin we could land one of the top WRs even if we wanted too....Maclin/Harvin/Crabtree/DHB....if we thought they could add more...which idk....Maclin would be my only lock...and DHB would be about even in my book. I like harvin...but his lack of experience as a returner has me saying I don't like the fit...and Crabtree would be a great WR...but is alot like Williams.

But like I said....I doubt anything comes of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              We let the Jets sign Austin, we get their 2nd, we ship both 2s to 'Zona for Boldin. Who's with me?
                              I'd do it...I heart Boldin. But, he is def. not getting traded anywhere. As Thule said also, no money either but, it would be nice. :D He's one of the only ones I would make this exception for.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 04-08-2009, 12:52 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,153545

lol What the hell Martellus? This dude is quite a character.
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information