This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Just my 2nd post here so I thought I would post on my favorite NFL team, I've been a Cowboys fan since I grew up in San Antonio way way back in the day when they were the 1st team to use those newfangled things called computers for player scouting & the 1st to use a Ring of Honor for their stars since all the other NFL teams laughed at them b/c they didn't retire jersey nos..... how many teams have copied those now?

I would like to say that the big reupped contract Flozell Adams signed was a major mistake. How is it that the league leader yr. in & yr. out in jumping offsides & blowing the snap count is one of the highest paid O-linemen in the NFL? Anybody remember the last Cowboys playoff loss, their 7th freaking one in a row by my count, when he cost them about half of their huge 16 penalities? I can understand not hearing the count in a road game domed stadium, but they were at home then. It was like Wk. 18 with the same QB all yr, no excuse for that. And he led the league I think in offsides penalties again in 08 -- He has talent but he's dumber than a box of hammers.

Dallas had what was once considered the best O-line in the NFL 2 seasons ago when they placed a rcd. 13 players in the Pro Bowl & it's fallen considerably since then. I think Flozell Adams is one of the main reason for that decline.
    Welcome to the forums. Flo blows. You joined the right club. haha.

Though I have to say LG has been the main problem, imo... Even 2 seasons ago when we sent 13 players over. LG was the weak link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
      We let the Jets sign Austin, we get their 2nd, we ship both 2s to 'Zona for Boldin. Who's with me?
      Boldin reminds me of Javon Walker for some reason. I don't think it'd be smart to bring on a player with his kind of attitude. He's the jealous type. He was happy with his contract until Fitz got his. I don't want another money sucking guy at that position. 1 is enough. Plus, I really just want to see if what Roy can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Welcome to the forums. Flo blows. You joined the right club. haha.

Though I have to say LG has been the main problem, imo... Even 2 seasons ago when we sent 13 players over. LG was the weak link.
        Not quite as catchy as Bo knows, but just as accurate.

Comment

• Well, put me in the Flo camp. I think he's underappreciated career-wise. I agree that he struggled last year, but I think injuries have played a big role.

If you go back at look at some of his head to head with the top pass rushers in the league, he has won way more battles than he has lost.

Be careful what you wish for.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
            Well, put me in the Flo camp. I think he's underappreciated career-wise. I agree that he struggled last year, but I think injuries have played a big role.

If you go back at look at some of his head to head with the top pass rushers in the league, he has won way more battles than he has lost.

Flo was good, but his best days are long behind him, how long do you think he can play like a great LT? He's old and slow, and yes he did struggle last year and with a guy his age you can't expect him to get better as he gets older.

He's not 30 years old, there are legit concerns with him next year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Flo was good, but his best days are long behind him, how long do you think he can play like a great LT? He's old and slow, and yes he did struggle last year and with a guy his age you can't expect him to get better as he gets older.

He's not 30 years old, there are legit concerns with him next year.
              I agree that age may have caught up with him. But he will only be 34 next month. That's not terribly old for OL. It's not that unusual for OL to play well beyond their early 30s. I think a healthy Flo will do a fine job for us.

I do agree 100% that we have to give serious thought to finding a replacement rather quickly.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Yeah, unless New York offers some ridiculous deal, Miles isn't going anywhere. Jerry seems to infatuated with him to let him go now. He's been on the team a few years and he's been "on the verge" for awhile, so risking letting him go to another team a possibly flourishing would be disastrous.

Plus according to many reports, the Cowboys will match any offer from the Jets.

Comment

Well, put me in the Flo camp. I think he's underappreciated career-wise. I agree that he struggled last year, but I think injuries have played a big role.

What will has past accomplishments do for us next year? Flo has been steadily declining for awhile, which was painfully apparent last season. Combine that with the infuriating false starts, you have the most frustrating player to watch on offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    Flo has been steadily declining for awhile, which was painfully apparent last season.
                    Completely disagree. He was quite good in 07. He did struggle last year, but I think the injuries (which were very significant) and having to always be concerned with LG, took a toll.

I think if he's healthy and LG is stable, you will get a good year out of Flo.

I'm not sure what games you guys have been watching over the last several years, but there's a reason why Flo has made those pro bowls. I agree that the pro bowl can be flakey, but someone doesn't make it if they "blow", except for maybe Roy! :)

Look, every LT gets beat sometimes. YOu guys need to be very careful what you wish for.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Yeah, unless New York offers some ridiculous deal, Miles isn't going anywhere. Jerry seems to infatuated with him to let him go now. He's been on the team a few years and he's been "on the verge" for awhile, so risking letting him go to another team a possibly flourishing would be disastrous.

Plus according to many reports, the Cowboys will match any offer from the Jets.
                      I don't think JJ can match ANY offer. While it's not probable, it's not out of the question that if the Jets think Austin is about to explode, they could give him money that Jerry just can't match.

What if they give him $8 million up front and 2.5 per? You think JJ is going to do that?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I don't think JJ can match ANY offer. While it's not probable, it's not out of the question that if the Jets think Austin is about to explode, they could give him money that Jerry just can't match.

What if they give him $8 million up front and 2.5 per? You think JJ is going to do that?
                        Yeah, unless New York offers some ridiculous deal, Miles isn't going anywhere.
                        Answer was in my first sentence.

Comment

Answer was in my first sentence.

ok, i guess i was focusing on your last sentence there.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Completely disagree. He was quite good in 07. He did struggle last year, but I think the injuries (which were very significant) and having to always be concerned with LG, took a toll.

I think if he's healthy and LG is stable, you will get a good year out of Flo.

I'm not sure what games you guys have been watching over the last several years, but there's a reason why Flo has made those pro bowls. I agree that the pro bowl can be flakey, but someone doesn't make it if they "blow", except for maybe Roy! :)

Look, every LT gets beat sometimes. YOu guys need to be very careful what you wish for.
                            I'm not "wishing for" him to be replaced this season, that would be difficult with lack of talent in FA and it's always risky relying on a rookie to protect your QB's blindside. But to rely on his past accomplishments and totally disregard his age and his glaring weaknesses is a bit shallow.

Comment

I'm not "wishing for" him to be replaced this season, that would be difficult with lack of talent in FA and it's always risky relying on a rookie to protect your QB's blindside. But to rely on his past accomplishments and totally disregard his age and his glaring weaknesses is a bit shallow.
                              I'm not saying you should disregard his age. I said we have to start looking for his replacement.

My issue is just with the folks on here that say he sucks, blows, etc. I think thse folks are the one's being shallow.

BTW, what do you view as his "glaring weakness"?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I'm not saying you should disregard his age. I said we have to start looking for his replacement.

My issue is just with the folks on here that say he sucks, blows, etc. I think thse folks are the one's being shallow.

BTW, what do you view as his "glaring weakness"?
                                His struggle with speed and false starts. Neither of which are secrets. Flozell is still strong as an Ox so when he gets his hands on you he is fine and he has never had a problem in the running game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information