This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    Um no, I called it while he was on the roster. Please don't do that. I am not playing armchair QB. You are trying to discredit my points by fabricating a falsehood. Not cool.

I also called the 2007 Draft a disaster the very week it happened and it seems we are getting closed to it by the day. Again, not hindsight but FORESIGHT.

Elam is no star but it was clear to anyone willing to see that he was better than what they had back there. But again, when you have an entire staff more concerned with popular opinions, an inability to develop young talent and big names .... these things happen.

This off-season seems to be the first time the team is making a commitment to looking at the young talent.

Don't worry, I know your always right about everything.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Why? He won't be here after this season? When he's a UFA, he's gone. We won't pay him market rate. Mark my words and remember who said it. I'd rather have the 2nd rounder.
      You wanna bet :D Jerry won't let his prized project hit Free Agency, if Miles starts the year on a tear he'll get him signed to a decent sized contract before the end of the season...At worst, if next year is uncapped I'm even more confident he'll be back.

We've groomed him to be a starter, if he shows he can be that guy next year, and looks to be the right fit opposite Roy, he'll stay, he wants to stay, all he has to do is show he can stay healthy and produce like he was doing...If he signs at the mid point of the season, his deal will be pretty cheap anyway, but it's hard for me to imagine Jerry letting him go unless he gets hurt again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        You wanna bet :D Jerry won't let his prized project hit Free Agency, if Miles starts the year on a tear he'll get him signed to a decent sized contract before the end of the season...At worst, if next year is uncapped I'm even more confident he'll be back.

We've groomed him to be a starter, if he shows he can be that guy next year, and looks to be the right fit opposite Roy, he'll stay, he wants to stay, all he has to do is show he can stay healthy and produce like he was doing...If he signs at the mid point of the season, his deal will be pretty cheap anyway, but it's hard for me to imagine Jerry letting him go unless he gets hurt again.
        It really all depends on the type of contract the Jets will be offering him. To think of this logically, if you were giving up a second round pick for a WR, i would imagine you would need to sign him to a long term deal (at least 3 or 4 years), which would include a nice little signing bonus, that by the way, the Cowboys can't afford right now. I don't have any problem with taking the Jets second round pick, it would really alleviate the pain of giving up so many draft picks for Roy Williams.

There is guys like Austin in every draft, so i'm not scared to let one go in exchange for a good, first day pick. Ideally, i'd like him to stay, i would enjoy watching him play a full, healthy year, but thinking realistically, it probably won't happen.

Comment

Don't worry, I know your always right about everything.
          You can be a smart-a$$ all you want but fact is I wrote it. So it was not hindsight as you claim. FORESIGHT, maybe you should look the word up sometime.

Just give credit where its due and stop arguing facts.
          Last edited by herniateddisc; 04-14-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Is this Bob again?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              Is this Bob again?
              Sure is....

Comment

Sure is....
                I thought you all had a way of banning IP's?

Comment

It really all depends on the type of contract the Jets will be offering him. To think of this logically, if you were giving up a second round pick for a WR, i would imagine you would need to sign him to a long term deal (at least 3 or 4 years), which would include a nice little signing bonus, that by the way, the Cowboys can't afford right now. I don't have any problem with taking the Jets second round pick, it would really alleviate the pain of giving up so many draft picks for Roy Williams.

There is guys like Austin in every draft, so i'm not scared to let one go in exchange for a good, first day pick. Ideally, i'd like him to stay, i would enjoy watching him play a full, healthy year, but thinking realistically, it probably won't happen.
                  I'm kinda under the impression the Jets aren't offering him, honestly I started warming up to the idea of getting a 2nd from a few guys around here but it looks like a pipe dream.

It was probably just a meet and greet in case he's let go next year, but I'm not expecting them to extend an offer...We could be pretty crafty with two 2nds but oh well, neither here nor there.

Comment

I thought you all had a way of banning IP's?
                    He's been on good behavior.

Comment

I'm kinda under the impression the Jets aren't offering him, honestly I started warming up to the idea of getting a 2nd from a few guys around here but it looks like a pipe dream.

It was probably just a meet and greet in case he's let go next year, but I'm not expecting them to extend an offer...We could be pretty crafty with two 2nds but oh well, neither here nor there.
                      In no way do I see this as a precurser to next year's courtship for them. Too many things change. They may not need a WR like Austin since it's obvious they'll be drafting one. Unless Austin totally pulls an act out of his ass and looks like a legit #1 WR, it's not happening.

Comment

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-miles-austin/

Comment

In no way do I see this as a precurser to next year's courtship for them. Too many things change. They may not need a WR like Austin since it's obvious they'll be drafting one. Unless Austin totally pulls an act out of his ass and looks like a legit #1 WR, it's not happening.
                          The closets thing to Austin than is NFL ready is Heyward-Bey and I don't think he will contribute for a few years.

Austin is ready to play which is the only reason the Jets, or anyone, would give up a second. Otherwise, they wait and possibly get him much cheaper next year. I think the Jets are playing this the right way.

But this year, there is nothing past the first possibly better than Austin. Now he has to produce.

Comment

• Here it is.

Week 1- @ Tampa Bay Sunday, Sept. 13 - 1pm (FOX)

Week 2- New York Giants Sunday, Sept. 20 - 8:20pm (NBC)

Week 3- Carolina Monday, Sept. 28 - 8:30pm (ESPN)

Week 4- @ Denver Sunday, Oct. 4 - 4:15pm (FOX)

Week 5- @ Kansas City Sunday, Oct. 11 - 1pm (FOX)

Week 6- Bye

Week 7- Atlanta Sunday, Oct. 25 - 4:15pm (FOX)

Week 8- Seattle Sunday, Nov. 1 - 1pm (FOX)

Week 9- @ Philly Sunday, Nov. 8 - 8:20pm (NBC)

Week 10- @ Green Bay Sunday, Nov. 15 - 4:15pm (FOX)

Week 11- Washington Sunday, Nov. 22 - 1pm (FOX)

Week 12- Oakland Thursday, Nov. 26 - 4:15pm (CBS)

Week 13- @ New York Giants Sunday, Dec. 6 - 4:15pm (FOX)

Week 14- San Diego Sunday, Dec. 13 - 4:15pm (CBS)

Week 15- @ New Orleans Saturday, Dec. 19 - 8:20pm (NFLN)

Week 16- @ Washington Sunday, Dec. 27 - 8:20pm (NBC)

Week 17- Philadelphia Sunday, Jan. 3 - 1pm (FOX)

Comment

• Wow a 1 PM game opening weekend, I'm shocked. I always hate waiting around all day.

Last 5 weeks suck.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                                The closets thing to Austin than is NFL ready is Heyward-Bey and I don't think he will contribute for a few years.

Austin is ready to play which is the only reason the Jets, or anyone, would give up a second. Otherwise, they wait and possibly get him much cheaper next year. I think the Jets are playing this the right way.

But this year, there is nothing past the first possibly better than Austin. Now he has to produce.
                                The only reason Austin is more ready to play now is because he's finally got his timing down with Romo. Put him on the Jets with a rookie QB or Kellen Clemens or whoever... in a new system, surrounded by new teammates, with the pressure to perform as a #1/2 WR and not only is he back at square one, but he's got a steep hill to climb.

Look I like Austin, don't get me wrong. I just don't like him as much as I like getting a 2nd rounder. Since that option is over with, there's no need to discuss it anymore.

For the love of God, don't make this out to be another one of your "Roy Williams" rants. Where you're totally misunderstanding the root of it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information