Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I think you guys should nab Manuel Ramirez in the 3rd round. He's a plow at OG, and reminds me of Larry Allen. He's not as good of course, but he'd be a monster in the run game. And with his strength, maybe he can help Flo out on the leftside and allow Flo to concentrate more on the outside speed rush.
    He has been my second choice behind Blalock since season started. I would love to get him.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by fryman
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I think you guys should nab Manuel Ramirez in the 3rd round. He's a plow at OG, and reminds me of Larry Allen. He's not as good of course, but he'd be a monster in the run game. And with his strength, maybe he can help Flo out on the leftside and allow Flo to concentrate more on the outside speed rush.
      He has been my second choice behind Blalock since season started. I would love to get him.
      I really like him, too. I'd take him in the 2nd. If he falls to the third, and we don't take him, I'm going to be so mad.

      BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • We should address OG in FA.

        Comment


        • Not sure if you guys heard this but Newman and Canty exchanged punches in the locker room. I guess Canty threw Newman's clothes on the floor while T-New was gone, then when Newman came back he asked who done it and he was told Canty did so he threw Canty's stuff on the floor. This resulted in the fight. It was broken up rather quickly though, and it doesn't seem like it will become that big of a deal.
          "Red Ball"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D-Unit
            We should address OG in FA.
            /agreed

            I hate to beat a dead horse...but it seems that this is direction we are going. If we address OG in the draft. Who is the leader of our OL. Flo?Koiser?Gurode?Columbo none of those guys have the name of a leader imo. Take a look around the league at the top OLs.

            A quick example. Living in the midwest I'm forced to have a vikings game on TV every sunday. So I have a pretty good idea at what happens with them. You'll notice last year their line was in total disarray. Why is this? Because their leader of their ol was out for the year. Now they don't have that great of a OL this year....but they are playing better as a unit. Also factor in that they are learning a new blocking scheme doesn't make things any easier.

            My point is...you need a leader at every level. In the secondary...how good did they play with Woodson back there. In the LB corps Bradie is diong a great job. On the DL Furgy is doing a decent job...like to see more aggression to his teammate from time to time. This is where Roy needs to step up in the secondary. When their our blown coverages it should be his fault. Because he is the leader out there...between him and bradie everything should be lined up. Thats why the veteran pressence of Glenn is somewhat underrated. When he is in there he knows what to do in every situation. Thats why I would really love to get a young guy in there to learn from our veteran unit.

            Bottom line is....an OL needs a leader. Romo can point out blitzers but we need a guy would can call blocking schemes at the line and do it correctly. That comes from experience. Personally I'm looking for a 28-29 year old guy who has about 5-7 years of starting experience.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
              Not sure if you guys heard this but Newman and Canty exchanged punches in the locker room. I guess Canty threw Newman's clothes on the floor while T-New was gone, then when Newman came back he asked who done it and he was told Canty did so he threw Canty's stuff on the floor. This resulted in the fight. It was broken up rather quickly though, and it doesn't seem like it will become that big of a deal.
              Well guess Newman isn't as smart as we thought he was. I mean c'mon Newman tried to fight Canty? Bad decision.

              Got thinking, lets just blame it on TO I mean its his fault and he's tearing the team apart.

              Comment


              • Yeah but then again Newman is pretty quick he could just Jackie-Chan Canty's arse.
                "Red Ball"

                Comment


                • The Rumble in the Jungle II.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-Unit
                    We should address OG in FA.
                    Eric Steinbach?


                    "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                    Albert Camus

                    Comment


                    • Spears and Canty were both involved in different "scuffles" early in the week. Didn't say who Canty's was with, so maybe it was Newman.

                      As long as Spears and Canty are getting more aggressive I am happy, as long as they don't take anybody out for gameday.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by fryman
                        Spears and Canty were both involved in different "scuffles" early in the week. Didn't say who Canty's was with, so maybe it was Newman.

                        As long as Spears and Canty are getting more aggressive I am happy, as long as they don't take anybody out for gameday.
                        Canty's scuffle was with Cory Proctor.


                        "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                        Albert Camus

                        Comment


                        • where did that info come from? i hope its not a big deal, the last thing we need is the team losing its unity.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Burns336
                            where did that info come from? i hope its not a big deal, the last thing we need is the team losing its unity.
                            Was from The Dallas Morning News. I just hope he brings this attitude to the game tomorrow.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Poet3334
                              Originally posted by D-Unit
                              We should address OG in FA.
                              Eric Steinbach?
                              I dunno...

                              I like Vince Manuwai, but I doubt the Jags let him see the light of FA.

                              Any of these guys would be cool too.
                              Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
                              Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
                              Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
                              Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
                              Kris Dielman, UFA, San Diego

                              One guy who I really like is Jordan Black. He's been playing tackle, but he also has NFL experience at RG too. I like him A LOT for us and I do think he'll test his unrestricted free agency.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit
                                Originally posted by Poet3334
                                Originally posted by D-Unit
                                We should address OG in FA.
                                Eric Steinbach?
                                I dunno...

                                I like Vince Manuwai, but I doubt the Jags let him see the light of FA.

                                Any of these guys would be cool too.
                                Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
                                Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
                                Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
                                Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
                                Kris Dielman, UFA, San Diego

                                One guy who I really like is Jordan Black. He's been playing tackle, but he also has NFL experience at RG too. I like him A LOT for us and I do think he'll test his unrestricted free agency.
                                Black and Dockery are both hometown boys who might legitimately want to come home to play for the Cowboys.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information