X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
    Agree 100%.

With all the handwringing going on about WR, Romo, etc...I think this team goes only as far as this defense carries it.

I think well be fine, we are slowly but surely getting the defense to where Wade is comfortable running what he likes to run...We now have a cover safety, 3 man cover corners who can cover on an island, if we land an impact NT that can kick out Ratliff sometimes and a few pass-rushers we can really mix it up on that side of the ball.

On offense I think we'll be much better because we can let Romo be himself, take the open man and get into a groove before late in the 3rd quarter...Felix will be back, Martellus Bennett will be much better, and I saw how productive Roy could be in Detroit without a TE or running game to keep any defenses honest.

I'm excited for this year, I know alot of people are down and predicting 8 and 9 wins but I think we hit double digits...Cleaning house the way we did was a good step in the right direction, a big draft could go a long way.

I'm more concerned about winning in December then anything, if we can't finally get a winning record in December, the end of the season will end in a failure...We have to first get that December winning record monkey off our back, then win a playoff game, before we can even think about championship.

I'm really excited to see what type of year Romo and Roy will have though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
      There are two players that if by the grace of god they get to the mid-second, even with a small trade up, you scramble like a lunatic -- BJ Raji and Andre Smith.

Question: I heard Mayock call Raji a part-time player. He only has 30-40 snaps a game. Any thoughts on this??????
      I've also heard Mayock say that Raji was only asked to push 1-gap and was hardly ever double teamed....

That would be completely fine, since that is how our system works but it makes me wonder how big of an upgrade he would be over Ratliff at nose? Would we even see a difference?

Of course it would enable us to start Ratliff at DE, but you have to wonder if the value is right to trade up for a guy like that if he were to fall.

I'm starting to feel like next year is the year to grab a true NT since the depth should be a little better. A guy like Chris Baker would be a nice guy to take a flier on though.

Comment

• The issue for me at the Nose is finding a guy who can rotate in on run defense, or give Ratliff a breather, but who could provide a different dimension. Tank Johnson didn't do that. He's really a 4-3 NT who never fully found his groove in the 3-4.

As for Chris Baker... I consider him a DE prospect.
        Last edited by D-Unit; 04-15-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          The issue for me at the Nose is finding a guy who can rotate in on run defense, or give Ratliff a breather, but who could provide a different dimension. Tank Johnson didn't do that. He's really a 4-3 NT who never fully found his groove in the 3-4.

As for Chris Baker... I consider him a DE prospect.
          I think Baker or Fili would be guys who could play either position on spot duty and bring some good versatility to the line.

Pretty similar to what Ratliff has the ability to do, just not as good as he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
            I think Baker or Fili would be guys who could play either position on spot duty and bring some good versatility to the line.

Pretty similar to what Ratliff has the ability to do, just not as good as he is.
            Just to voice in here...

I like Baker better at NT...his lack of overall lateral agility probably limits him to the inside...although he could play the DE in a 2 gap scheme.

I think Moala is better on the outside just for the opposite reasons. He has that athletic lateral agility...that would make him more effective and slanting and pushing to the outside.

Most scouts are looking at Baker at NT...just for an expert opinion on the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
              Just to voice in here...

I like Baker better at NT...his lack of overall lateral agility probably limits him to the inside...although he could play the DE in a 2 gap scheme.

I think Moala is better on the outside just for the opposite reasons. He has that athletic lateral agility...that would make him more effective and slanting and pushing to the outside.

Most scouts are looking at Baker at NT...just for an expert opinion on the matter.
              Baker as a 3-4 NT or 4-3 NT? If it's the former, then I'm way out of the loop on that one. I remember talking with Scott over aim about Baker and we were talking about him as a 3-4 DE. LOL.

Comment

Baker as a 3-4 NT or 4-3 NT? If it's the former, then I'm way out of the loop on that one. I remember talking with Scott over aim about Baker and we were talking about him as a 3-4 DE. LOL.
                I don't think he is locked into one position...but I've heard that teams are looking at him as a 3-4NT.

However that being said he is also looked at as a versatile prospect who could project as a 3-4 DE in a 2 gap scheme...because of how thick he is in the lower body...yet still explosive.

And 4-3 teams are also looking at him at NT.

I think it's a bit naive for me to say he is strictly a NT...but for the Dallas Cowboys with Wade at the helm I think that is the fit we'd be looking at if we drafted him.

Comment

I don't think he is locked into one position...but I've heard that teams are looking at him as a 3-4NT.

However that being said he is also looked at as a versatile prospect who could project as a 3-4 DE in a 2 gap scheme...because of how thick he is in the lower body...yet still explosive.

And 4-3 teams are also looking at him at NT.

I think it's a bit naive for me to say he is strictly a NT...but for the Dallas Cowboys with Wade at the helm I think that is the fit we'd be looking at if we drafted him.
                  I don't totally get the Wade at the helm part. Wade highly valued Jammal Williams in San Diego. Why wouldn't he want someone like that again?

Comment

Just to voice in here...

I like Moala better at DE as well (I know you, D, and I already went over this same exact thought process a few pages ago) but he and Baker both do have the ability and body to play both positions if the coaching staff wanted to move them around for some reason.

I know Baker played DE in college and I'm not sure which position he fits better at the next level, but I def. like Moala at DE more than NT for the majority of the snaps he'd get.

Comment

Friggen tough schedule... Here's hoping for a 10-6 season.
                      I'm saying 11-5 this season. I don't think the injury bug will hit as bad, Choice will become something of a secret weapon. Same thing with Bennett too. The two rookies last year at corner have another year under their belt too. The team will also have a chip on their shoulder to get rid of the negativity of last season. I'm not saying they'll turn everything around, but I don't think they'll pull the same sh!t that happened last year because no one is on their jocks.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

I don't totally get the Wade at the helm part. Wade highly valued Jammal Williams in San Diego. Why wouldn't he want someone like that again?
                        Simply because there is noone out there like Williams thats attainable. He'd love to bring in a guy like that...but those guys don't come around often.

Comment

Simply because there is noone out there like Williams thats attainable. He'd love to bring in a guy like that...but those guys don't come around often.
                          I don't know why, but why am I thinking Baker was in the 305 range? No more than 310. I just saw Scott's rankings and he's listed at 326 which is NT size. I don't want no 326 pound DE. Wow. My bad thule.

Comment

• Anyone else upset about the fact that if we had waited until now to make a trade for a wideout, we could have Boldin for the same price that we paid for Roy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              Anyone else upset about the fact that if we had waited until now to make a trade for a wideout, we could have Boldin for the same price that we paid for Roy...
                              A tiny bit, but I'm still happy with Roy. I didn't like what was given up, but I think Roy is one of the most talented wide outs in the game. If he puts it together he can be a real great pick up. Boldin is great himself too, and he's been more productive than Roy by far. He would cost alot more than Roy however, so I'm interested to see what type of contract he'll get. Something tells me $50+. My biggest concern is getting Ware his extension before time is up, and a Boldin contract might hold that up.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                                Anyone else upset about the fact that if we had waited until now to make a trade for a wideout, we could have Boldin for the same price that we paid for Roy...
                                Not sure. Coming out of college, Roy was the superior prospect. He's a little younger. I think his upside is higher.

Boldin is stronger, tougher.

Both have missed games due to injury. Both have been complainers.

Getting Roy got him a jump start and thus he will be more ready to roll next season. A full offseason should help as well. Having Roy allowed us to cut TO.

Attempting to get Roy when we did, showed our aggressiveness in trying to make a playoff run. I like that attempt even though it failed.

I guess all in all, no, I'm fine where we are today.

The only way I will get PISSED and I mean royally PISSED is if Rey Maualuga lasts to pick 20.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information