Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does this mean our special teams is going to remain sucky? Haha.

    Hope everyone comes out of this ok. That video looked pretty scary. One of my biggest fears is being impaled, can't imagine what that guy is going through.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      No offense Macarthur but the "if you take this away" argument is pretty dumb IMO. He did it. It happened. He beasted.

      I guarantee he could reach top production this year if we knew how to incorporate the quick slant

      Roy Wililams will suffer too if we don't get the quick slant as a staple of this offense.
      Absolutely not dumb.

      So you're willing to keep a big mouth on the roster and pay him $9million a year for the hope that he might "go off" once every 10 or 12 games?

      That strikes me as dumb.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


      -Douglas MacArthur

      Comment


      • Jesus, another killer wind shear, just a terrible tragedy. Pretty common in the DFW Metroplex, I remember many brutal windstorms when I lived in Ft. Worth in the mid-80s. With a roof the equivalent of 8 stories high no way the structural integrity could handle tornado-force winds...

        12 were injured, no names yet, I pray no one was seriously hurt other the asst. who will require back surgery. Going to Sports Ctr. now to see any footage, I just hope the lawsuits emerging from this don't cast an ominous cloud over the 09 season.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
          Absolutely not dumb.

          So you're willing to keep a big mouth on the roster and pay him $9million a year for the hope that he might "go off" once every 10 or 12 games?

          That strikes me as dumb.
          Dumber than paying a guy 9 mil who hasn't even shown he's a #1 receiver, and still has a big mouth/ celebrates first downs like he won the SB?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
            Dumber than paying a guy 9 mil who hasn't even shown he's a #1 receiver, and still has a big mouth/ celebrates first downs like he won the SB?

            I'm not crazy about the money that RW got, but that's the going rate for a lead WR. He's shown that he has that capability. We'll see if he can bring consistency. And don't compare RW's mouth with TO. No comparison.

            Look, that argument won't go far with me because I'm a big believer in the fact that you don't need elite WRs to be successful.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


            -Douglas MacArthur

            Comment


            • So Darnell Dockett has requested a trade from the Cardinals. Count me as a guy who would love for Jerry to get this guy. I wouldn't even mind over paying for him.

              He's a guy that I think just started to realize his full potential last year. Being on a winning team brought out the best in him. He's an absolute animal.

              If I remember correctly, he had his way with the Cowboy O-line when we played them. In fact, I think he made Bigg look like a fool if...

              Comment


              • I think everyone loves Dockett but, we just traded away our draft....it wont happen again.

                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  I think everyone loves Dockett but, we just traded away our draft....it wont happen again.
                  He's worth it!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                    So Darnell Dockett has requested a trade from the Cardinals. Count me as a guy who would love for Jerry to get this guy. I wouldn't even mind over paying for him.

                    He's a guy that I think just started to realize his full potential last year. Being on a winning team brought out the best in him. He's an absolute animal.

                    If I remember correctly, he had his way with the Cowboy O-line when we played them. In fact, I think he made Bigg look like a fool if...
                    Dockett is such a ******* beast :( I remember watching him all through the playoffs thinking about what a guy like him could do to our D-line...Too bad it's not an option, at least not until he hits FA.





                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                    Comment


                    • Trade for him but keep his 5 yr, 22 mil salary for the year, and give him an extension after the CBA runs out to make him an 11 mil a year guy.

                      Comment


                      • He's always been a beast... even at FSU. He just never got a lot of pub being in Zona.

                        Comment


                        • I would really like Dockett here. The guy is so versatile. Him and Ratliff would make a killer tandem.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

                          Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                          Comment


                          • Yeah, well... it's not happening. We aren't getting him.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Yeah, well... it's not happening. We aren't getting him.
                              WHy not? Did he just sign an extension or something?
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

                              Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                                WHy not? Did he just sign an extension or something?
                                Our cash is going to Mr. Ware. Unless we trade Greg Ellis, Bobby Carpenter and Flozell Adams to the Cards for Dockett, then we can't afford him.

                                Damn... I sound like MOTH. We can't afford blah blah bleh. :p

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information