Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We wouldnt get him because, it's not really plausible. A fantasy really. We just traded away our draft, we wont be doing that again in consecutive seasons...and honestly, he's their best player on defense. Just like Boldin they're going to have to pay these guys eventually to keep them happy and they'll do just that.

and if you want to throw in the money aspect...with a cap in place, not possible. Yeah, anyone take a gander at the going rate for all-pro d-lineman now? Dockett could certainly pull in Haynesworth esque money. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-05-2009, 09:13 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Bengals just signed Roy Williams (SS).

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Bengals just signed Roy Williams (SS).
        I hope not to open a can of worms, but I loved Roy 2002-2006. I think he got a bad rep from some serious knee jerk fans for things he shouldn't have been doing. Yes he had some coverage problems, but getting faded by a wide receiver that runs a 4.3 doesn't mean he sucked. Safeties shouldn't cover receivers that can run that fast. Even everybody's heroes Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu. They'd get their asses roasted too by some speedy wideout. But I hope Roy get's back to what he used to be. He looked so uninspired in 2007 and 08. He still was a good run stuffer though.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Cowboys kicker Nick Folk had surgery on his right hip Tuesday to repair a labral tear and is expected to need eight weeks to resume light kicking, which could allow him to return in time for training camp.
          Didn't even know he needed surgery. That explains the Buehler pick a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
            Didn't even know he needed surgery. That explains the Buehler pick a bit.
            Good find. Makes the Buehler pick a really good pick now.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Cowboys P Matt McBriar said Monday that his foot is "95 percent" healed and he'd be ready to go if the season began tomorrow.
              McBriar missed most of the 2008 season after fracturing his foot on a blocked punt. He was placed on injured reserve and Sam Paulescu took over. Expect McBriar to recapture the job.
              Source: ESPN.com

This is good to hear, easy to forget we had one of the best punters in the league not named Moorman and having McBriar is huge for field position...We definately will be much better with him back.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                This is good to hear, easy to forget we had one of the best punters in the league not named Moorman and having McBriar is huge for field position...We definately will be much better with him back.
                GREAT news. McBriar is a guy that's good to have. Field position should be alot better this season with Buehler and him coming back.
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Cowboys seventh-round CB Mike Mickens has declared his left knee to be 100 percent.
                  Mickens would have been an early-round selection had recurring knee injuries not sabotaged his senior season at Cincinnati. He's not close to being in football condition right now, but he should make the team as long as he stays healthy.
                  Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
                  per roto

This is great news, I think he'll get some playing time in Dime coverages this year and could end up being our third corner when Newman misses a game if he's up to speed.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• The Dallas Cowboys signed free agent defensive tackle Jonas Seawright today. Seawright was last active in 2006 with the New York Giants, where he played in nine games and recorded one tackle. He was released by the Giants on September 2, 2007 and has remained out of football. He originally signed with the Giants as an undrafted rookie free agent on May 9, 2005 out of North Carolina. He spent his entire rookie season on the club's practice squad.

Pretty big guy at 6-6 335, other than that don't know much about him.

Depth is never a bad thing.

Comment

• I've been thinking about Anthony Spencer a lot lately...

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that anything less than 14 sacks this year will be a disappointment to me.

"Holy ****, 14 is a pretty high standard to set, isn't it?"

Nope. Not for me. When you are a first round pick playing in a pressure heavy scheme with minimal coverage responsibilities, you have the best OLB in the league playing on the other side of you taking EVERY double team, and you have a pretty good secondary behind you I think 14 is very reasonable.

This is assuming he has no injuries. I'll be really pissed if Spencer is a bust. D has been calling it, but I've stuck with him so far.

The only potential problem I see is that he is going to be behind Marcus Spears, which sucks for him.

Other notables that I'm looking at to step up: Jason Hatcher, Mike Jenkins

Comment

• You're freaking crazy. 14? What an outlandish number. Shaun Phillips plays/played opposite Merriman, he never saw 12. 14 would put him in the top 5 in the league in sacks in most years. That's not happening and if Ellis sticks around. He's taking away snaps and he may not even play all that much on 3rd downs or passing situations. Talk about setting the bar way too high. Even a guy like Woodley only had a 11.5 and a player like Terrell Suggs has never had 14 in one year. Might want to research sack statistics.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-18-2009, 06:55 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          You're freaking crazy. 14? What an outlandish number. Shaun Phillips plays/played opposite Merriman, he never saw 12. 14 would put him in the top 5 in the league in sacks in most years. That's not happening and if Ellis sticks around. He's taking away snaps and he may not even play all that much on 3rd downs or passing situations. Talk about setting the bar way too high. Even a guy like Woodley only had a 11.5 and a player like Terrell Suggs has never had 14 in one year. Might want to research sack statistics.
                          First rounder who has sorely underachieved. I'm sticking with 14.

There is no reason this team can't lead the league in sacks. If Ellis was able to get 12 a few years ago, Spencer should be able to get 14.

Phillips and Woodley were 3rd rounders, so they've been great considered where they were picked.

I just think he needs to produce at a level around 14, or I will be let down.

11 or 12 would be my minimum. I'd be pissed with less than 11. I think a slightly above avg. player could get 11 opposite of Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post

There is no reason this team can't lead the league in sacks. If Ellis was able to get 12 a few years ago, Spencer should be able to get 14.

Phillips and Woodley were 3rd rounders, so they've been great considered where they were picked.

11 or 12 would be my minimum. I'd be pissed with less than 11. I think a slightly above avg. player could get 11 opposite of Ware
                            Yeah they could lead the league in sacks but, Spencer isnt getting 14 next year. Again, you're crazy my friend. If Spencer even got 10 next year, I'd be ecstatic.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post

theres actually 4 reasons.

1. The Giants
                              2. The Eagles
                              3. The Steelers
                              4. The Ravens

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                theres actually 4 reasons.

1. The Giants
                                2. The Eagles
                                3. The Steelers
                                4. The Ravens
                                Better defenses, that's for sure. Doesn't always translate into more sacks though. We could easily lead the league in sacks and not be included as a top 5 D depending on how you grade them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information