This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
    I really do not want to see a lot of Watkins these next two games. Two pass heavy teams that could both throw it deep to a plethera of weapons. Doesnt seem like a favorable match up for him, given how his season has turned out.
    But is Keith Davis better? Maybe the fall of Watkins made us forget how bad is Davis in coverage. I really don't thik he's better than Watkins, he's awful in coverage. Keith is a badass, a special team ace, but he's not a FS.
    Watkins had two bad games, but if can play as he did in his first games he's way better than Davis. He has to put those two games behind his shoulders and play with more focus.
    I really don't believe that Davis gives us any better chance to defend against a pass happy team. All the Watkins' problems are with his mind, Davis simply hasn't the number to be a cover guy..
    For example, if you look at the Burress' TD do you think that Davis could've made that play? If he was here, he would got burned. Watkins had the coverage but for some reason didn't make the play on the ball. I'm sure that Davis would've been zero chances to make any play on the ball because he would've been in position..

BTW, to beat the Colts we have to take Manning out of the field. Long drives, ball control and so on. And when he's on the field we got to use our size. They are an undersized team, Merriman abused them last year. We have to play the way the Jaguars did the last two years. Drop 7 in coverage, let Addai beat you (who is good but he's not what James used to be). We'll win if our ends could take advantage of their size and get penetration. I think we'll se a lot of Ratliff and Hatcher in this game..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Arizona scares me. This looks like trap game to me. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Arizona doesn't scare me one bit.

If the Cowboys lose to Arizona then we had no business thinking playoffs. Their O-Line is terrible, they can't run the ball, they have a rookie QB, and the 26th ranked Defense.

Rex Grossman had about as bad a game as is possible to have for a QB and the Bears still won. That's how bad Arizona is.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

It's only a mine impression, or Bradie James has shown great presence in the passing game? I think that he has relaly upgrade this part of his game, right now he seems to look comfortable in coverage.. He's not fast so he can't match-up with atletic TE, but is playing good in his zone and making some plays.. The one who sucks in coverage is Ayodele, but overall is playing pretty good too..

About our pass rushing, i've noticed that San Diego continues to have sacks even without Castillo, Philipps and Merriman who are their best pass rushers.. So I'n starting think that there's a problem with the scheme not the players..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by jbsg02
            About drafting a NT, I wouldn't spend too high of a pick because if Parcells leaves after this year I'm not so sure we keep the 3-4.
            Jerry has said that he's keeping the 3-4 even when Parcells is gone.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
            Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by Modano
              It's only a mine impression, or Bradie James has shown great presence in the passing game? I think that he has relaly upgrade this part of his game, right now he seems to look comfortable in coverage.. He's not fast so he can't match-up with atletic TE, but is playing good in his zone and making some plays.. The one who sucks in coverage is Ayodele, but overall is playing pretty good too..

About our pass rushing, i've noticed that San Diego continues to have sacks even without Castillo, Philipps and Merriman who are their best pass rushers.. So I'n starting think that there's a problem with the scheme not the players..
              It's really puzzling to me that we don't get more pressure on the quarterback. It seems like our linebackers read and react instead of attack.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
              Albert Camus

Comment

I can't exactly put my finger on the problem, but it's definitely the scheme. The blitzes all come from the middle, and are never disguised. I am going to pay very close attention this week, but it seems like we almost never stunt on the line either.

Also, some of the criticism of DeMarcus' lack of pass rushing moves is unwarranted and some is warranted. I wish he had a true swim move or a spin move, but if you watch he almost never takes an inside rush. This is by design. DeMarcus very rarely loses containment. He always rushes outside because of this. I wish Akin Ayodele would play a step or two closer to the outside to close the cutback lanes more, but that's another issue.

I'd love to see a 3-4 DC come in here next year with the expectation that when BP retires after the 2007 season that the DC would become the HC.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99

I can't exactly put my finger on the problem, but it's definitely the scheme. The blitzes all come from the middle, and are never disguised. I am going to pay very close attention this week, but it seems like we almost never stunt on the line either.

Also, some of the criticism of DeMarcus' lack of pass rushing moves is unwarranted and some is warranted. I wish he had a true swim move or a spin move, but if you watch he almost never takes an inside rush. This is by design. DeMarcus very rarely loses containment. He always rushes outside because of this. I wish Akin Ayodele would play a step or two closer to the outside to close the cutback lanes more, but that's another issue.

I'd love to see a 3-4 DC come in here next year with the expectation that when BP retires after the 2007 season that the DC would become the HC.
                  Exactly. I was never really confident that Zimmer was comfortable in this defense. I relied on the fact that Parcells and even Pasqualoni would take more of an active role with the defense.

Albert Camus

Comment

D-Unit, I've got a bad feeling about this game too. It seems like they've got the weapons. I don't believe that this is a game that we can just go through the motions in.
                    I hope my feeling is wrong.
                    We cannot lose games that we're supposed to win anymore. Period.

Thanks Tobzilla

Comment

• Originally posted by $KidCowboy$
                      D-Unit, I've got a bad feeling about this game too. It seems like they've got the weapons. I don't believe that this is a game that we can just go through the motions in.
                      I hope my feeling is wrong.
                      We cannot lose games that we're supposed to win anymore. Period.

I just want to see us play a smart efficient game. If we do that, we win. I'm not so much worried about their weapons as I am what we do.

Albert Camus

Comment

• Alright understandable Ward. I myself not to worried about the Cards, hopefully the players don't feel the same. Hopefully they are not looking ahead to the colts game. That could be dangerous against a talanted Cards team. But still, not to worried.

Now...First to 100

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoss
                          First to 100
                          Please... have some pride. Actually post and get to 100 the right way. We are not a community of post boosters. That being said, I think we should start looking at Day 2 corners. After Glenn, it gets pretty shaky.

Comment

• I think you guys should look at day 1 corners. You guys don't have a lot of needs and a guy like Fred Bennett or Aaron Ross would be a nice addition.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2659221

Bad news for Skins fans.

Albert Camus

Comment

• Well it's official the Colts will be unbeaten when they come in to Big D next week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information