This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    I don't know why Canty would be upset. Maybe because the team underachieved, but he wasn't exactly a world beater that gave his all. He's at fault too for the team underachieving. He's a good player that I hate losing, but Finchase is right about him and Olshansky being a wash. I see how you think he can break out BBD, and I agree with you. I just hope he doesn't because he plays for a rival now. lol

If he's really upset that fans didn't make a big deal of him leaving, then he has no one to blame but himself. If he played like a Pro Bowler, then we as Cowboy fans would be clamoring for him. You know how it goes for us. When we lose a good guy, then it's the end of the world and all that jazz. When the Cowboys sign a good player we talk super Bowl. lol

As a person I wish him success, but as a Giant I wish him an 0-16 season.:twisted:
    :p

Yeah, he just wasn't what he should have been as a 3-4 End. Granted, he never had a true NT to play next to, but still, he definitely did not live up to standards. For some reason he always killed the Giants though. We just couldn't block him.

I think his biggest problem is leverage. He just doesn't play with great leverage. I'm hoping that Wauffle will get him to clean that up. He's done wonders with players 10X less talented than Canty at DT.

I still hold the belief that Ratliff would be an absolute monster (he kinda already is) if you guys moved him to DE and got a true NT. Or converted to a 4-3 defense, which I think wouldn't be a bad idea for this defense.

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    What is Canty upset about?

I expect him to start acting like a Justin Tuck wannabe pretty soon and everything out of his mouth is hate Dallas this. I can't wait until week 2, NYG really has no legit threat at WR or TE to beat our secondary now at all, and I think Eli will struggle with pressure.

I expect us to lose to Philly, maybe both games, but we'll sweep the Giants, Eli is terrible without a play-maker at the WR position and I doubt we see one emerge this year for them.
    He's already kinda started doing that. He's made it clear he has no problem with the players he played with, but moreso management, coaching, and the environment in general. It sounds like he's bitter he didn't get a contract extension.

I'm honestly not worried about Eli at all. In fact, I think he'll have his best statistical season of his career this year. I can see us splitting our games, because division games are just so hard to sweep in our division, but I do personally feel we have more talent "on paper". I hate that term to be honest, but the main difference I think that separates the Giants from the Cowboys is line play. The Giants are just better in the trenches. But I'm not sleeping on the Cowboys by any means. They're a damn good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      But I'm not sleeping on the Cowboys by any means. They're a damn good team.
      BBD is dangerous because he knows we're vulnerable to flattery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
        BBD is dangerous because he knows we're vulnerable to flattery.
        :p

In all seriousness, the NFC East is so damn even, its scary. The one thing that I feel that separates the Giants and Eagles from the Cowboys and Redskins is elite line play, but that by no means says that the Cowboys and Redskins can't wind up being better teams.

All 4 teams have ridiculous defenses. I honestly think the entire NFC East has 4 of the top 7 defenses in the league.

The Redskins are a team to watch out for. I think very highly of their defense, and if their offense can wake up, they'll be very dangerous. Health and depth like always will be huge for the East.

The whole division can turn upside down and it wouldn't shock me at all. Theres just a ridiculous amount of talent in our division, in every team. The "worst" in the East could potentially win almost every other division in the league, minus maybe the AFC North and AFC East, only bc the Steelers and Patriots would be hard to beat out.

Comment

• I agree with you about the East being even BBD. That's the reason why I haven't got so scared that there were no big splashes made by the Cowboys in free agency. Yeah I'll talk sh!t about all the other East teams, but I know how good they are. Even with that being said, there is too much talent on the Cowboys to ignore. I may be biased, but I think they've had Super Bowl caliber talent the past two seasons, and I still think they do. I'm a little scared of the Giants and Eagles, but at the same time I realize that in Dallas we have enough talent to beat them. I serious can't figure out why people are overlooking Felix coming back. While everyone is going , "ZOMG T.O. is gone! Oh the humanity!" I keep remembering that almost every time Felix touched the ball he made a big play. Then I remember that Marion had rib and toe injuries to deal with, and that he'll be 100% this season. I see these as weapons to go with the superb Giant and Eagles defenses.

The Redskins I usually don't fear, because the Cowboys seem to have the utmost confidence when playing them. Sure the Redskins have some talent on D, but it seems that the Cowboys always walk into the game knowing they can beat them. The Giants are like 50/50. It's like the Cowboys know they can win, but they don't think it's a big certainty like with the Redskins. It's usually a big time battle. The Eagles seem to get in the Cowboys head. Andy Reid has a damn good record against the Boys, and it seems to creep into the mentality of the Cowboys. I really wish they'd get over that, but I can't see it happening until McNabb leaves Philly or retires. What's funny is that I think the Cowboys could own the Eagle's D with Felix. Screens and flats all day with Felix would kill them. They'd probably be scared to blitz if Garrett played it smart with Felix, Witten, and Martellus.

The East is an exciting division to watch, but it sucks as a Cowboy fan. There's nothing more I would like than to play in a cupcake division with easy wins. lol
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I agree with everything said here. All these teams are really good.

However, one thing that sticks in my craw is how the media approaches. I think this is emblimatic of how it's reported and I think it's a point of contention with Cowboy fans. This is from bloggingtheboys.com

Riddle me this Batman - (A line borrowed from Frank Gorshin and the old Batman TV series) Is there an anti- Cowboy bias in the media? Here is a recent scenario. The Cowboys release a certain aging receiver and they are slammed by the sports media and predicted to struggle in 2010.

During the same off season the New York Giants lose their number one receiver in Plaxico Burress, lose another receiver in Amani Toomer, lose a 1000 yard rusher in Derrick Ward and lose their successful Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and still the sports press picks the Giants to win the division and possibly the Super Bowl.

The Giants and the Cowboys split their two games last season indicating that the gap between them is relatively small and yet the loss of the Cowboys number one receiver is predicted to have a greater negative impact than the Giants loss of several starters. Go figure.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              I agree with everything said here. All these teams are really good.

However, one thing that sticks in my craw is how the media approaches. I think this is emblimatic of how it's reported and I think it's a point of contention with Cowboy fans. This is from bloggingtheboys.com

Riddle me this Batman - (A line borrowed from Frank Gorshin and the old Batman TV series) Is there an anti- Cowboy bias in the media? Here is a recent scenario. The Cowboys release a certain aging receiver and they are slammed by the sports media and predicted to struggle in 2010.

During the same off season the New York Giants lose their number one receiver in Plaxico Burress, lose another receiver in Amani Toomer, lose a 1000 yard rusher in Derrick Ward and lose their successful Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and still the sports press picks the Giants to win the division and possibly the Super Bowl.

The Giants and the Cowboys split their two games last season indicating that the gap between them is relatively small and yet the loss of the Cowboys number one receiver is predicted to have a greater negative impact than the Giants loss of several starters. Go figure.
              I read that too and thought it was a good point. I also agree E-man's point about Felix coming back. The guy only played in 6 freakin' games last year and he had defensive coordinators worried about him. If he can play a whole season this year, that will be huge. And I believe that Garrett will be smarter about utilizing him this year, too.

I think the wild card factor in the division is the Redskins. I don't know what to make of them. Yes, they signed Albert Haynesworth which is huge, but every year it seems like they make this gigantic splash in free agency and are poised to dominate the league, and nothing comes of it. Frankly, I'm more upset about them drafting Brian Orakpo. I hope they don't start building through the draft.

I'll be curious to see how the Giants are this year without Plax and Toomer. Smith is a good WR but he's not a #1. I'll be surprised if Nicks is a big factor as a rookie; wrs rarely produce big in their rookie seasons.

It chokes me to say it, but on paper, the Eagles look strongest, but that's only assuming that McNabb and Westbrook get through the season without a lot of injuries. I'll also be curious to see how their defense is without Johnson calling the shots. His successor may not be as creative even though he's been on Johnson's staff for years.

As for the Cowboys, if Tony can take better care of the football this year, I think we'll be fine offensively. On defense, I think we will have a better secondary but I'm a little worried about any LB not named Ware.

Comment

• That article was exactly what I've been talking about. Plax meant a whole lot more to the Giants than T.O. did to Dallas. The Giants still have their top rushing game with 2 good backs, and a damn good line. Still, they lose two receivers, and their only replacements are a guy that's best suited for 2nd or 3rd, and a freaking rookie. I seriously don't get how people went gaga over the Giants replacing Plaxico with freaking Hakeem Nicks. I'm not saying the guy is going to suck. I'm just saying that he's a rookie that wasn't a world beater in college. Rookies at wideout always struggle. Sure you can give some examples like Boldin, Moss, Glenn, and Royal and Desean last year, but that's like me saying that Jason Williams will have a DROY and Pro Bowl year because DeMeco Ryans did. The Giants lost way more on offense than the Cowboys did, yet everyone is so sure fire that they've gotten sooooooo much better. They still have a good defense and run game, so that gives them the look of a contender. Still, people acting like they drafted Jerry Rice, and added Superman on their defense are just delusional.

The Eagles do have a good look on paper, but their line play is overrated. Their O-line isn't as good as people think, and Peters is going to get harassed big time.This is why I laugh at when people talk about how bad fans are in stupid threads. Everyone acts like Cowboy fans are giant retards that think everything the Cowboys do is Super Bowl worthy. That's ******** because if the Cowboys traded for Peters everyone would be saying that they got an overrated and overpaid fat ass, and Jerry is ruining the team for getting him. Since the Eagles got him they made a Super Bowl caliber pick, and the 11.5 sacks he gave up last year really happened in Madden. The Eagles are dangerous because they still have Donovan and Westbrook, and Desean looks like a real good find for them. Maclin could be another steal, and Reid is still good at what he does. But their defense loses one of the NFL's best masterminds, and they lose a leader in Dawkins. Their defense was good, but does anyone really think that losing a great like Jim Johnson won't effect them? Everything great that he brought to that team is now gone. All those cool as blitzes that everyone liked last year won't be dialed up by the same man. I don't care how you slice it, that's a huge obstacle to overcome. But don't worry folks. They got Stacy Andrews to go along with his brother Larry Allen.....err I mean Shawn. Putting those two already wins them the Super Bowl.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  I agree with everything said here. All these teams are really good.

Media definitely hates the Cowboys and is not realistic.

I think they are a better team this year b/c a few key guys are in their prime and should do well.

I am not a 6-10 guy for this team and I agree "more has to come together" for the other 3 in the division in order to do better than last.

For us to do better, we just need to play better as a team (not a small task either) but not lie we are expecting rookie players and coaches to be good day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                    Media definitely hates the Cowboys and is not realistic.

I think they are a better team this year b/c a few key guys are in their prime and should do well.

I am not a 6-10 guy for this team and I agree "more has to come together" for the other 3 in the division in order to do better than last.

For us to do better, we just need to play better as a team (not a small task either) but not lie we are expecting rookie players and coaches to be good day 1.
                    The only thing I'm hoping for this season from the rookies is that they will contribute on special teams and help us improve there. If they can do this, then I'll be happy with our rookies. I hope in a couple of years we'll see more than just special teams from guys like Jason Williams and Robert Brewster.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                      Media definitely hates the Cowboys

Comment

• It's a two way street when it comes to the media's coverage of the Cowboys. We are slurped as much as we are scrutinized, it just comes with the territory. We have to deal with a week of hype and optimism from them after a big win, and then deal with being overanaylzed and bashed after a bad loss. It's just the way it is.

Comment

• FO realz?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

FO realz?
                            HAHA that would be awesome.:D

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

FO realz?
                              It's things like this that make me wish I was a billionaire. If I was one of Jerry's kids you couldn't keep me from playing XBox at the stadium all day.
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                It's a two way street when it comes to the media's coverage of the Cowboys. We are slurped as much as we are scrutinized, it just comes with the territory. We have to deal with a week of hype and optimism from them after a big win, and then deal with being overanaylzed and bashed after a bad loss. It's just the way it is.
                                I think there's far more negative than positive.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information