This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
    Is it just me or are these last few days before training camp going incredibly slowly? I am so ready for football!
    And boy do I need it!!! I need the media to hype me up about my boys so I can rebuild false hopes in them. :D

I used to be so positive... One disappointing (not gonna say bad eventhough I think it will be one of our very worst) draft and I'm all bummed.... :(

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      And boy do I need it!!! I need the media to hype me up about my boys so I can rebuild false hopes in them. :D

I used to be so positive... One disappointing (not gonna say bad eventhough I think it will be one of our very worst) draft and I'm all bummed.... :(
      Welcome to the dark side! Although, strangely in a reverse of roles, I feel pretty positive about this team. I have much hope. Injuries or Flozell Adams are the only possible reason this team doesn't have at least one playoff victory this year. We are stacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
        Welcome to the dark side! Although, strangely in a reverse of roles, I feel pretty positive about this team. I have much hope. Injuries or Flozell Adams are the only possible reason this team doesn't have at least one playoff victory this year. We are stacked.
        It should be known... I like Jerry. Think he's one of the hardest trying GM/Owners in the league... even makes cheering for the Boys fun. But it should be known... I DO NOT follow him blindly. If he screws up, I'm right there to point it out. Just as well as I stick up for him when I think he does something right.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          It should be known... I like Jerry. Think he's one of the hardest trying GM/Owners in the league... even makes cheering for the Boys fun. But it should be known... I DO NOT follow him blindly.....
          Jerry Jones makes you want to cheer for the Cowboys?

Now that is certainly a new one I have never heard in 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
            Jerry Jones makes you want to cheer for the Cowboys?

Now that is certainly a new one I have never heard in 20 years.
            Well, I'm glad I was the one to say it then. ;)

Remember, if not for him, Parcells doesn't even come here. ... and I loved Parcells... but not blindly either. He had his fair share of terrible blunders. Don't remind me of that Julius Jones draft.

Comment

• Why think of Julius when you can think of Quincy?! lol

I think Jerry is pretty polarizing, and I sometimes feel like the only one with a gray response to Jerry. He's done some good things, and some bad things as well. Regardless, I don't think he's the sole reason for everything. He's got the most influence, but there's only so much he can do.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• My thoughts on Jerry are thus: There is no denying what he and Jimmy accomplished together, but the man fell in love with the status/his own legend and lost sight of what was most important to keeping the franchise competitive. I still believe that Jerry is an intelligent football guy, and has the brain and drive to be a G.M. Where things go wrong in Valley Ranch have all been cases of Jerry going against all business sense to prove a point to the world. Examples include firing Jimmy, hiring Switzer/Gailey/Campo/Parcells, 2 1sts for Joey Galloway, Quincy Carter being drafted in the 2nd round, Drew Henson, Terrell Owens (signing AND cutting), and there's a few I'm leaving out here. At some point recently I do believe he has made an effort to move away from that, or he's giving up power to guys like Stephen Jones and formerly Jeff Ireland. As a result, I do believe we're on our way back. The organizations moves the past few seasons have gotten more and more conservative, despite what ESPN coverage would have you believe. Great conservative signings this off-season, guys who support the stars of this team. Olshansky, Brooking, and even Sensabaugh all help let Ware get after the QB more freely, and this defense will far outshine the offense. The Kitna signing is solid, and Kitna has had success recently in this league (and we just happen to have his old #1 receiver on the roster). I've come a long way from where I stood with Jerry during the Parcells era, I'm just keeping an open mind. My mind could change again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                  Want to make a sig bet on that one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    Want to make a sig bet on that one?
                    Please be specific as to what you'd like to bet on.

Comment

• If you guys remember, Brewster went down w/ an injury during OTAs. Well, he's out for the year now w/ that torn pectoral. It wont have any effect on our season but, it does suck in terms of development.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        If you guys remember, Brewster went down w/ an injury during OTAs. Well, he's out for the year now w/ that torn pectoral. It wont have any effect on our season but, it does suck in terms of development.
                        Laughed when we made the pick and I'm laughing again right now.

Laughing in disgust that is. *mad face*

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          If you guys remember, Brewster went down w/ an injury during OTAs. Well, he's out for the year now w/ that torn pectoral. It wont have any effect on our season but, it does suck in terms of development.
                          That sucks to hear. You just can help some of these things. Let's hope this is just an exception, and that it doesn't turn into a trend.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• remember when Wade Phillips said he was gonna be tougher this year?

any reports coming out about that? or is he still a marshmallow man?

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                              That sucks to hear. You just can help some of these things. Let's hope this is just an exception, and that it doesn't turn into a trend.
                              I'll tell you what trend this is...

The trend of people saying... "We don't need to address OT in the draft. We have Brewster coming back from injury. He was doing great in OTAs before he got hurt."

Yeah... I'm already bracing myself. This is Doug Free all over again.

So just chalk 1 out of the 12 as a bust so far. Could've used his pick (Rnd 3, Pick 11), combined with our 2nd rounder to move up for Maualuga.

I hate Jerry's face right about now.

Comment

• Rey wouldve been so scary in Wade's 3-4.

Rey is the best blitzing MIKE ive seen in a long time. He'd be a beast for Dallas.

I was hoping he fell to us. Can you imagine him blitzing on the Giants D? Forgetaboutit.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information