Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do y'all go for training camp updates?
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Tim Macmahon (bleh) has live updates during practices. 8:50 am and 3:15 pm central time. On non-double days, practices are at 2:15 central. This of course is on the dmn blog. Pretty useless most of the time but, good around this time of the year.

DC.com has twitter updates but, they're pretty infrequent.

And Blogging the boys and other similar blogs have practice recaps...some time after they finish up. They could get a little lazy w/ info every now and then but, it's not bad. That's also the place, I've been getting all my TC pics for that one thread. Not a site I normally view but again, good for this time of year.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-30-2009, 08:46 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Thanks MOTH.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
          Thanks MOTH.
          I check those same sites moth uses, I think its the best you're going to get.

We're actually lucky as Cowboy fans. Most TC's aren't put under a microscope like ours always is. Some of the other teams are hard to find info on.

Comment

• bloggingtheboys.com is pretty good with the TC updates, among other things. Not a perfect site, and some of the columnists blow (full disclosure: I applied, and was rejected because I do not participate in their discussion threads), but they always have the most recent info.

Comment

• Just to note...Leonard Davis took a few reps at LT today...I talked about this right after the season last year...depending on how Free does this pre-season...Davis could be the guy who sees time there if Holland shows he can play. McQ had a rough day...hopefully that isn't a trend other wise we are really really weak at that position depth wise.

I'm seeing Dixon's name pop up quite a bit. I won't be surprised to see him on the 53 with the information we've gotten thus far. I'm also very curious to see what Stanback will do this pre-season if he is healthy...he is getting all the catches with the 2nd and 3rd team. If he can show more consistancy he could make a difference for us this year in some places.

Comment

• Heard a lot more Ogletree than Stanback today, if I recall. Manny Johnson has been a ghost and Holley wont get many reps. It's certainly Stanback's to lose but, Ogletree and Jefferson have been making plays. But if Stanback just stays healthy, he'll stick. He's also been working on punt return a little. But, that will be Crayton or Smith probably. Felix cant field punts to save his life.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Heard a lot more Ogletree than Stanback today, if I recall. Manny Johnson has been a ghost and Holley wont get many reps. It's certainly Stanback's to lose but, Ogletree and Jefferson have been making plays. But if Stanback just stays healthy, he'll stick. He's also been working on punt return a little. But, that will be Crayton or Smith probably. Felix cant field punts to save his life.
                  I did hear a lot of Ogletree...but I didn't hear much against the 2nd team like I did with Stanback....maybe I just wasn't paying attention....but I can't wait to see these guys on the TV...and really get to see them do something. Our QB's are deep and so is our RB situation...our OL is scary right now...if McQ truly lets us down early...we probably have to look to make a move to add someone on that right side. Because outside of him we have nothing. Brewster was probably that insurance policy...thats too bad he had to get hurt.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm real excited to see these guys. I cant wait for preseason. When I was younger I hated it so much...these days I love it. Esepecially when roster spots and depth chart positioning is on the line. Well, I like it as long as we stay healthy. Last year killed me when Miles and Sammy both went down. ughhh.

You guys hear that everyone at dmn and dc.com are jumping on the Crayton band wagon? He's making plays and they say he has a new swagger about him. Most dont even think Miles has all that good a shot to beat him out now. Pretty interesting how this has changed. Who knows how it will shake out. I'm just happy to see Hurd and Austin healthy right now and having no ill effects from their injuries. Austin's name was called several times over the three practices as was Hurd's, especially Hurd today during the late practice. I heard he caught the most passes. And again, Romo was on point today. Seems like the only guy he's not on the same page with, is Roy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Yeah, I'm real excited to see these guys. I cant wait for preseason. When I was younger I hated it so much...these days I love it. Esepecially when roster spots and depth chart positioning is on the line. Well, I like it as long as we stay healthy. Last year killed me when Miles and Sammy both went down. ughhh.

You guys hear that everyone at dmn and dc.com are jumping on the Crayton band wagon? He's making plays and they say he has a new swagger about him. Most dont even think Miles has all that good a shot to beat him out now. Pretty interesting how this has changed. Who knows how it will shake out. I'm just happy to see Hurd and Austin healthy right now and having no ill effects from their injuries. Austin's name was called several times over the three practices as was Hurd's, especially Hurd today during the late practice. I heard he caught the most passes. And again, Romo was on point today. Seems like the only guy he's not on the same page with, is Roy.
                      I don't think I really ever thought Miles would take the #2 spot. Because we all knew that Crayton would slide down in 3 WR sets. I'm sure we'll have a few packages with Miles out there...but I think most knew that Crayton would be a two and slide into the slot when we went to passing formations.

I can't wait to see this Bennett hype on TV...I'm just thinking Antonio Gates in my head right now....with the pedistal they are putting him on.

I'm still really scared about the OL....one injury could literally crush our season there. Outside of our premier players...we have enough depth to get the job done at most other posiitons. NT and OL are just dry right now. I'm not sold on Salvaii

Comment

Yeah, I'm real excited to see these guys. I cant wait for preseason. When I was younger I hated it so much...these days I love it. Esepecially when roster spots and depth chart positioning is on the line. Well, I like it as long as we stay healthy. Last year killed me when Miles and Sammy both went down. ughhh.

I'm expecting big things from Crayton this year. He's gonna help me in the War League. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          I'm expecting big things from Crayton this year. He's gonna help me in the War League. ;)
                          I can see catches...but I don't see yards or TD's from him this year. Hell he was the #2 WR for 1.5 years...and score like 5TDs or something like that. Bennett/Witten/MB3/Roy are going to steal all the TD's this year imo.

Comment

• I'm not in love w/ Mcbriar holding...bleh. Never been a fan of punters holding, just in case, you know? haha. He was practicing fake FG passes today, let's hope we never have to see that.

Just mix in Buehler every now and then so we can get a little Tim Seder action. :D He was one fast ginger kicker.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-31-2009, 01:29 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I'm not in love w/ Mcbriar holding...bleh. Never been a fan of punters holding, just in case, you know? haha. He was practicing fake FG passes today, let's hope we never have to see that.

Just mix in Buehler every now and then so we can get a little Tim Seder action. :D He was one fast ginger kicker.
                              I never understood this. Why wouldn't you put a guy like Stanback or Crayton back there. Someone athletic that could do something if heaven forbid something bad happens. Even Hurd, someone with sure hands...that could find another way to contribute. Never made any sense to me....one of the most racist positions in football. I don't know if i can remember a black holder...maybe Rodney Peete...idk I'd love to see a little change of the position. How awesome would a play be with Beuhler and Stanback taking the snap and running an option to a side this year. Not that it would be aplay every week...just something in to add another element. How about the swinging gate...not that it would work...but it could get a first down...or atleast cause a timeout....it would literally take 2 mins to put into the playbook for one play of the year...and it could get us a cheap call in a situation in the year. I hate the lack of creativity when it comes to special teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                                I don't think I really ever thought Miles would take the #2 spot. Because we all knew that Crayton would slide down in 3 WR sets. I'm sure we'll have a few packages with Miles out there...but I think most knew that Crayton would be a two and slide into the slot when we went to passing formations.

I can't wait to see this Bennett hype on TV...I'm just thinking Antonio Gates in my head right now....with the pedistal they are putting him on.

I'm still really scared about the OL....one injury could literally crush our season there. Outside of our premier players...we have enough depth to get the job done at most other posiitons. NT and OL are just dry right now. I'm not sold on Salvaii
                                I honestly didnt believe Austin would win it either. But there were certainly more than a few people that thought he'd win it outright, prior to the season starting. I was thinking he or even Hurd could take over if, the offense faultered at some point but, the smart money is on Crayton to win the job out of camp.

O-Line depth is a bit scary, this is true. W/ Holland getting time at both guard spots and center and Bigg at LT, they're trying to cover their basis but, we can be in trouble if we lose a starter. Especially tackle. Hopefully Free is ready to step up...sounded like more positive news than negative today. He's more unproven than bad...sometimes you just dont know until he gets that chance.

As for Junior...cant say any of us have seen a whole lot of him lately but, I think he'll be alright. I'm not too sure I buy the idea of keeping one NT (Ratliff) and then using Olshansky/Spears/Dixon as relief. I'll follow Wade's lead on this one, he likes Junior and he's finally healthy. I dont want to think about what would happen if Ratliff went down, though. One could argue he's our most indispensable defensive player. Might not be a great argument because, well there is Ware but, you get the idea. He's real important to our team, even more so, when the depth behind him, is questionable. I do have faith in Junior, though as a backup. A fill in starter...you gotta be atleast little wary, I'd certainly agree. In either case, it would be him or a rookie if we went that route, more than likely. Tough to fill, regardless.
                                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-31-2009, 01:52 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information