This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
    I remember right after the trade saying it was stupid and we would regret it.

I remember devoting an entire post to why Anquan Boldin was worthy of trading for, but Roy Williams wasn't long before the trade.

Not saying Q was available, but we should have been content to stay with what we had if we couldn't get a game breaker.

The funny thing is that Roy Williams will probably give us slightly higher production than Matt Jones would give us if he was our number 1. Only difference is Matt Jones would cost under a mil haha.

It's pathetic that these guys have put in "extra" work all off-season while Hurd and Austin have been injured, yet the 2 UDFA's have been making all the plays and Roy is just being the scrub that he is.

**** RW. We will all curse the day we cut T.O.

T.O. had the production to match his big mouth, RW doesn't even come close.
    Yup you said it was bad. Give you your credit there. I said it was good. Bah!

But before we start dishing out too much credit, let's wait for the season to see Roy in true action as our #1 WR. It's not about stats. It's about execution. That's what I want to see in him.

Oh and Matt Jones? Sorry buddy, not going there this time. Matt Jones is a sorry mofo. He's pure crap.

Comment

• Irvin had Jenkins on his radio show yesterday and he was pretty candid and honest. He was detailed in talking about the receivers and there games, but it was a bit disconcerning when he said Crayton was the most physical of all the receivers. While guys like Roy and Miles kind of avoided it.

Comment

• http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...ight-side.html

Puke in my mouth is starting to dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          ****. I was really hoping you'd care. ****, what am I going to do now?
          No idea, but if an Eagles fans probably go kill a puppy or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
            http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...ight-side.html

Puke in my mouth is starting to dry.
            I dunno if that's good or bad, but I'd take Loadholt in a second over Jason Williams and Brandon Williams. The 2 players we got from trading down. In fact, I think we would've still ended up with Jason Williams in Round 3 by using the pick we used on Brewster if we had waited.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              But before we start dishing out too much credit, let's wait for the season to see Roy in true action as our #1 WR.
              Really though, do we have to start the whining and "I told you so" this early? If Roy was catching 5 TD's a practice people would be saying "calm down wait until we see it in games".

He's on the team now, we have had these conversations so many times already about Roy, it be nice if we could just live with it and let it go somewhat until the season starts instead of trying to be the "I told you so" guy before we even have one pre-season game.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Yup you said it was bad. Give you your credit there. I said it was good. Bah!

But before we start dishing out too much credit, let's wait for the season to see Roy in true action as our #1 WR. It's not about stats. It's about execution. That's what I want to see in him.

Oh and Matt Jones? Sorry buddy, not going there this time. Matt Jones is a sorry mofo. He's pure crap.
                I pray that I'm wrong.. but I honestly think we are all going to be let down.

I think our offense is going to resemble that of the Eagles in terms of our receivers. Everyone will get around the same number of catches, no 1 WR is going to be that game breaker that T.O. was

This team is only going to be as successful as our RB's and TE's make us. Those guys are the strength of the team. The WR's are simply compliments on this team.

We need to transform into a power offense and take advantage of all of the beef we have. Huge O-line, huge TE's, and 3 capable backs should enable us to be a top 5 rushing team.

Comment

I think our offense is going to resemble that of the Eagles in terms of our receivers. Everyone will get around the same number of catches, no 1 WR is going to be that game breaker that T.O. was

This team is only going to be as successful as our RB's and TE's make us. Those guys are the strength of the team. The WR's are simply compliments on this team.

We need to transform into a power offense and take advantage of all of the beef we have. Huge O-line, huge TE's, and 3 capable backs should enable us to be a top 5 rushing team.
                  I agree. I've always wanted to be that kind of team. However, that doesn't sound like a Jason Garrett team.

I have to admit. I'm coming around to the idea that this team is better without TO. If you try to compare it on paper to fight that argument, then one guy won't replace the numbers he put up, and your point would be clear. But I think as a unit, more guys will have a chance to step up and replace those numbers collectively (perhaps even surpass them). Then at the end of the day you look at the team and instead of having some fantasy stat superstar on the team that hogs up the limelight... instead you have a real team that works together to accomplish 1 goal and not 1 person's goal.

Roy Williams not being a selfish stat hog is probably best for the team if he could rather be a team player. But there will probably be critics out there in the end that'll say, he failed because he didn't fill TO's shoes.

...I'm starting to feel like my old positive self again... :D Today I feel like we can maybe win 10 games. hahaha. Though 8-9 is probably more realistic.

Comment

I don't get the TO man love at all.

This Offense was horrid last year with TO and to now say if it sucks it is b/c TO is gone and Roy sucks ... just bizarre.

But anyway, I want lots of 20-17 wins. Not 35-10 with the usual flame out like last year.

If that means turning this team in a mentally tough run the god damn ball at all costs mentality ... fine.

if that means every week putting pressure on the D to not give up more than 14 points ... fine.

This team needs some pressure starting Sept 12 in order to make itself mentally tough for December and January.

Comment

This Offense was horrid last year with TO and to now say if it sucks it is b/c TO is bizarre.

But anyway, I want lots of 20-17 wins. Not 35-10 with the usual flame out like last year.

If that means turning this team in a mentally tough run the god damn ball at all costs mentality ... fine.
                      Yeah, we know you have Roy Williams (the WR) love.

The problem with running the ball like we all want... is that it requires OL depth. Something we don't have.

Comment

..... I'm coming around to the idea that this team is better without TO......
                        Told u so. Welcome to the light.

Comment

Yeah, we know you have Roy Williams (the WR) love.

The problem with running the ball like we all want... is that it requires OL depth. Something we don't have.
                          Actually I am on record as saying 1) we paid to much, 2) I only understood the move if the idea was to let TO go, 3) I like what he gives us in the redzone more-so than TO b/c of his ability to catch the ball in traffic or the fade -- which opens up things for RBs, and 4) I think he is talented so....

Comment

Me neither. How could anyone think that the WR with the second-most receiving TDs of all-time is good is beyond me.

This Offense was horrid last year with TO and to now say if it sucks it is b/c TO is gone and Roy sucks ... just bizarre.
                            Well, every time T.O has left a team, that team's offense dropped significantly the next season. T.O still cracked 1,000 yards and double-digit TDs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              Me neither. How could anyone think that the WR with the second-most receiving TDs of all-time is good is beyond me.

Well, every time T.O has left a team, that team's offense dropped significantly the next season. T.O still cracked 1,000 yards and double-digit TDs.
                              Yeah, and how many rings does he have? How many playoff wins?

Plus, you do realise he has a busy media calendar right? He is planning for post retirement? He is distracted? He is 36? He can't work off jams? His hands are as hard as ever?

Also, sad to say, he is leaving behind a team that is better than the ones in SF or Phil from a talent perspective. TIme will tell.

Again, TO man love is a bit fah-gee to me. I never had pictures of guys on my walls so I will never get it.

Comment

Told u so. Welcome to the light.
                                I should've blindly followed all your incredible optimism. haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information