This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I wrote:

"I like what he (RW) gives us in the redzone more-so than TO b/c of his ability to catch the ball in traffic or the fade"

This is what Sniper writes ,,,,,,

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    ...Going off of your "Williams is better in the red zone", can you give me stats or facts that validate this argument?.....
    Which part of I LIKE translates into your nonsense argument Sniper?

"I like Emmitt Smith better than Barry Sanders b/c Emmitt rarely lost yards on runs and was able to grind out short yardage......."

is not the same as

"Emmitt is abetter RB than Barry Sanders."

LEARN TO READ AND REASON!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Based on what? Production?
      According to your line of reason Jerry Rice is still a stud. He has more production than all two combined.

Again, you are arguing jibberish.

I like RW going forward over TO because a) he is younger, b) he is as talented if not moreso, and c) HE IS NOT A CANCER.

Comment

• So you like less production? Sounds good.

You're a clown. I'm done with trying to reason with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          So you like less production? Sounds good.

You're a clown. I'm done with trying to reason with you.
          Classic, another TO fluffer who simply can't accept that TO is done and resorts to useless statistics (from 6 years ago) to prove than TO is better than another useless player who I don't like. Smarvelous ...... but yes, fluffer, I am willing to take less production from the WR spot in order to have a chance to win a SB.

Even a GM as dense as ours got it -- which is why TO was cut.

But let us see ... Pitt, NE, Giants to name a few teams who won SB without TO type WR numbers. Want me to go through the long list of teams who have won SB without getting TO production at the WR spot?????

But wait, TO is great!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOAT!!!!! Can we trade a first to Buffalo for him again?
          Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-04-2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• D-Unit,

I would prefer to not have been right about TO.

I was pulling for him when BP was there. I felt he was manageable even if he was unhappy.

But, once the got the contract from Jerry he went back to the same old .... and frankly putting up with his nonsense and declining skills makes no sense.

It is a team sport moreso than any other. Guys like TO just don't get it or frankly are more interested in PR and a TV career.

IMHO, I don't think he cares about football. It is just another pay check where he can borrow time for something Hollywood. He has even said his first passion was basketball but football was a better way to pay bills for him.

When I see that and I compare it to guys like Michael Irvin who said "if he could have played football year round he never would have taken cocaine b/c football was his drugs" or a guy like Rice who was meticulous in his preparation -- even his uniform. Then you have TO and Ocho Stinko??
            Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-04-2009, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Burns, I think you need to pay better attention to camp...I dont mean that in a hostile way, just a suggestion, though. A great deal of focus has been on short/intermediate routes and 3 step drops and such. We've worked in a lot of quick slants and short outs. Problem with the slants is that Romo and Roy's timing isnt there yet and Roy has probably dropped more in practice than he's caught...even on good balls. :/

But our offense will surely have plenty of that this year...lets just hope our guys can hold onto the ball.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                ....A great deal of focus has been on short/intermediate routes and 3 step drops and such.....
                Wow, great.

Comment

• on another topic i was just on another forum and someone said jerry jones said he will sign vick. please tell me they were joking.

Comment

• sarcasm? Cant tell.

But anyway, it's certainly evident that we plan on shortening things up. Implimenting quicker/shorter dropbacks and higher percentage throws. With Garrett running things, we wont be a "power" running team....but, we should atleast see an increase in the RB load...but the dynamic wont be changed completely according to the staff. We're still going to pass, a whole lot...but, it should be much more efficient. Given that we can actually hold onto the football. Roy hasnt given me much faith in the practice sessions thus far. His hands are more natural than T.O.'s but they're not any better than his.

But, I'm starting to drink the team's koolaid as a whole...I think we can be real good.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-04-2009, 11:38 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                      on another topic i was just on another forum and someone said jerry jones said he will sign vick. please tell me they were joking.
                      Even I don't believe Jerry is that stupid.

Sign a non-position athlete and risk billions of dollars in corporate sponsorships and ticket sales to the Taj Mahal??

Jerry may not know football but he knows green.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                        on another topic i was just on another forum and someone said jerry jones said he will sign vick. please tell me they were joking.
                        Jerry Jones has shot this down about 10 times already. And we already have three QBs, one of which is a rookie. So we have no room for him, even if we wanted him.

In related note...Stephen Mcgee has been the joke of camp thus far. Wade said he was pretty decent today but, he has been just awful. I've heard Rudy Carpenter has looked better. bleh. It's going to take a while w/ Mcgee.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

sarcasm? Cant tell.

But anyway, it's certainly evident that we plan on shortening things up. Implimenting quicker/shorter dropbacks and higher percentage throws. With Garrett running things, we wont be a "power" running team....but, we should atleast see an increase in it...but the dynamic wont be changed completely according to the staff. We're still going to pass, a whole lot...but, it should be much more efficient. Given that we can actually hold onto the football. Roy hasnt given me much faith in the practice sessions thus far. His hands are more natural than T.O.'s but they're not any better than his.

But, I'm starting to drink the team's koolaid as a whole...I think we can be real good.
                          No sarcasm, I have complained about the 5/7 step drops for some time as well as Romo's poor mechanics at time.

I too think, barring injury at the OL or MLB, we can be very very very good.

Comment

Jerry Jones has shot this down about 10 times already. And we already have three QBs, one of which is a rookie. So we have no room for him, even if we wanted him.

In related note...Stephen Mcgee has been the joke of camp thus far. Wade said he was pretty decent today but, he has been just awful. I've heard Rudy Carpenter has looked better. bleh. It's going to take a while w/ Mcgee.
                            McGee is another blown Jerry pick. He completely mismanaged this draft.

Comment

• I would laugh if we signed Vick. hahaha.

Comment

• Im waiting on this guy to post a link but it doesn't look like he is going to show up again lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information