• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So howz my WAC boy Scandrick lookin'?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      So howz my WAC boy Scandrick lookin'?
      He body rocked Roy pretty good from a clip I saw. Knocked his helmet right off.

Comment

So howz my WAC boy Scandrick lookin'?
        He and Jenkins have been fantastic. That's all you need to know. They're pretty much the talk of camp so far. Wade has nothing but great things to say about both. Scandrick just keeps working to get better and Jenkins has a new swagger about him, like he had in college. He's confident, over confident and he's shutting everyone down. Still think Jenkins holds onto the starting job but, both have been very impressive.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
          Really? They're not supposed to be hitting that hard are they? I hope he brings it like that to the enemy though. Good stuffs.

Where can I watch that?

Comment

Would be more impressive if it was somebody other than Roy, though. The guy has the loosest helmet in the game. He never buckles it up, not even during real games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              He and Jenkins have been fantastic. That's all you need to know. They're pretty much the talk of camp so far. Wade has nothing but great things to say about both. Scandrick just keeps working to get better and Jenkins has a new swagger about him, like he had in college. He's confident, over confident and he's shutting everyone down. Still think Jenkins holds onto the starting job but, both have been very impressive.
              I think the Nickel Back job is just as important as a starting CB. Glad to know we've got some promising corners.

Comment

• I dont know if they have live video...but here is this video about it, they show picture by picture. For some reason Sam Hurd is talking about it most. lol. Sammy is getting so much face time. A great camp and being from San Antonio will do that for you, I guess.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dall...ml?nvid=385670

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I think the Nickel Back job is just as important as a starting CB. Glad to know we've got some promising corners.
                  The Nickel is essential. And just think too, if Jenkins and Scandrik work out, this could be our two starting cb's for the future. T-New probably has 2-3 years of high level production left. That is if he can stay healthy enough.

Comment

Colombo wants to fight everybody. I love him.
                    Maybe he can save it for an Eagle in December instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                      .....T-New probably has 2-3 years of high level production left.....
                      Be happy with one. Bad contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                        Be happy with one. Bad contract.
                        His contract wasn't bad at all. This defense is completely different with him out of the lineup.

In fact, I bet you would've chastized Jerry if he DIDN'T resign Newman. That's the one area you can't knock Jerry on. He KEEPS his good players and let's the replaceable ones go.

How do you feel about Romo's extension now? 6 years, 67.5M.... considering what Eli just got.

Comment

• Several scouts have said Stephen Bowen has been our best defensive guy in all of camp. And he did split 1st team reps w/ Olshansky yesterday and today. He moves inside with the 4 man fronts as well. He's looking at a ton of playing time this year. Bowen's one of my guys, I'm real excited to hear that he's been impressive.

And then Hurd has been being called the most impressive offensive guy. ooohhh, I love it. haha. Hopefully it all carries over.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

His contract wasn't bad at all. This defense is completely different with him out of the lineup.
                            Did not say bad player, said bad contract. Too long for a guy who was already near 30 when he got it.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            In fact, I bet you would've chastized Jerry if he DIDN'T resign Newman. That's the one area you can't knock Jerry on. He KEEPS his good players and let's the replaceable ones go.
                            He over-pays to keep Vets and he lets young guys go .. who then perform elsewhere.

Jerry can't forecast young players development. He never has been good at it.

He always pays dearly for past performance, not potential future results.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            How do you feel about Romo's extension now? 6 years, 67.5M.... considering what Eli just got.
                            Romo was fine. He is younger than, less tread, QB can still payadmirably well into their 30s. CB not so much.... and certainly not CB with a history of muscle related injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                              Did not say bad player, said bad contract. Too long for a guy who was already near 30 when he got it.
                              Oh so you think we could've kept him for less? Please. You said yourself, he's not a bad player. Those don't go for discounted prices in the NFL. Besides, you should know how NFL contracts work by now. If they are old and broken down, they get cut. New contract or not.

He over-pays to keep Vets and he lets young guys go .. who then perform elsewhere.
                              Let's not generalize everything now. You said Romo's contract was fine. I don't remember the last bad contract. Actually, SS Roy's was bad, but at the time he was still ok. Can't say WR Roy's because he has yet to even have a full season here. That might be bad down the line. Other than that, I don't think you can acuse him of dishing out bad contracts to keep vets.

...and which young guys did he let go that have performed well elsewhere? Jacques Reeves? I don't know one QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, DB who has left and performed well elsewhere. Are you maybe referring to Fasano? We're so much better now without him.

Jerry can't forecast young players development. He never has been good at it.

He's hit and miss like everyone else.

He always pays dearly for past performance, not potential future results.

The results would be worse if he didn't pay.

Romo was fine. He is younger than, less tread, QB can still payadmirably well into their 30s. CB not so much.... and certainly not CB with a history of muscle related injuries.

I can't believe you're knocking the fact that T-New is on the team.
                              Just when I start to think you might be making sense with some of your posts... you write this... LOL.

Comment

Just when I start to think you might be making sense with some of your posts... you write this... LOL.
                                Let me ask you a question ..... do you think Albert Haynesworth contract is a good contract? Fat Al can play so .... you comment.

But regarding, TNew, you are reading so much into what I post it is hard to discuss it.

I like TNew but he did not deserve that contract and no other team would have given him the years.

Put it this way, if Jerry goes over 5 years on Ware -- I will likely call that a bad contract too. Ware is 27, has 1 year left on his rookie deal and a 5 year deal puts him at 33 when it is done.

You think a 33 year old LB is worth $15MM per year with maybe a 8 MM cap hit in the last year?
                                Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-05-2009, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information