Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious, but how is Akin Ayodele working out for you guys? He was a perennial underachiever in Jacksonville, but he was a monster against the run when he wanted to be.

Comment

• What a shame. Just when the Cowboys were being discussed as the best team in the NFC. This is the first time i came onto this thread and i noticed a pattern. After a loss everybody on this thread blaims coaching and the coordinators. We do that on the Giants thread also. I give credit to the Saints, they completely outplayed and outcoached you guys. Some of the plays Sean Payton pulled off were amazing. I especially liked the double fake to McCallister, then Bush, and the long throw down field to Henderson. The giants are playing the Saints in two weeks, i'm a little worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner
        Just curious, but how is Akin Ayodele working out for you guys? He was a perennial underachiever in Jacksonville, but he was a monster against the run when he wanted to be.
        He's having a great year.. Obviously he doesn't play the nickle defense, but he's making some plays against the run..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I'd like to thank Bill Parcells for not rushing Marion Barber much and thus preserving my chances to make my fantasy playoffs if a few things go right tonight.

Comment

• Tuna's excuse for throwing the red flag was horrendous. "Uh, my coach upstairs said I should throw it". That penalty couldn't have come at a worse time. Instead of the review team just simply overturning the call of a complete pass, and it being 3rd and 20 on the Cowboys 43. It was 1st and 10 Saints at the Cowboys 28. And the score at the time was 14-7 Saints.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
              Tuna's excuse for throwing the red flag was horrendous. "Uh, my coach upstairs said I should throw it". That penalty couldn't have come at a worse time. Instead of the review team just simply overturning the call of a complete pass, and it being 3rd and 20 on the Cowboys 43. It was 1st and 10 Saints at the Cowboys 28. And the score at the time was 14-7 Saints.
              As dumb as it sounds, the right move there would have been to call a time out before the Saints could snap the ball. That way the booth upstairs would have had more time to look at it and decide if it should be challenged. Andy Reid does that from time to time.

Comment

• I think you guys are overreacting. It was one loss, a bad one at that, but still...one loss. The team didn't show up to play, its as simple as that. You can see a lack of emotion out of the Cowboys for that game, they totally underestimated the Saints.

You can blame coaching for some of the woes, but honestly, this game was all about execution.

You couldn't stop the run, you couldn't rush the passer. Thats it. Thats what it came down to. You passed alot because you were down so much. The offensive gameplan was an aftershock of the horrible defensive play.

Dallas is a great run stuffing team, but they did not get the job done against the run against the Saints. And the Saints spread them out with 5 WR often. When you get spread out like that, you should get pressure with a 4/5 man rush, and Dallas tried it. But they didn't get pressure. The bottomline is your linemen and Ware weren't winning their individual assignments and not creating pressure on Brees. Even when you guys did blitz, it didn't do a thing. No one got pressure, whether you sent 7 or 4, it made no difference. Roy had to be in coverage, what else is he supposed to do when you have a suspect FS and a 5 WR set? Did he get his ass busted? Yes he did. Roy is not a good pass coverage safety. And it seems like the only tackle he knows how to do is a horsecollar. And Payton took advantage of that. He picked on your safeties all game.

But to neutralize that weakness, you gotta generate a pass rush. And quite simply, the pass rush was mediocre at best the entire game outside of the first drive. To me, this game came down to the pass rush and run defense, and Dallas simply didn't do a good job in either.

And let's give NO credit. Theyre one heck of a team. I know their defense is suspect, but they are a very good team. Theres no luck involved in this "cinerella story". They are the real deal.

Comment

• Ok, lets not overreact.

The bottom line is that NO is a better team than anyone was giving them credit for.

Their offense is sick. Their defense can't really stop the run but if you get up early you don't have to worry about that from a defense.

Romo has come back down to earth. That's not all bad. I'd rather he come back down to earth now than later. He does now need to play within the system more. He seems to be throwing off his back foot too much.

DWare played a very good game, but toward the end of the game he started to lose contain. It's official, DWare is good, Merriman is a better player. No more comments on this until proven otherwise, Merriman is the better player.

Terry Glenn is a stud still. Witten is starting to make me think he's overrated.

The penalty on Parcells was terrible. He should of just called a time out but the brain fart really sucked.

Overall, Roy Williams and Keith Davis played Terrible. KD needs to be benched, he's absolutely terrible.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                  I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                    Ok, lets not overreact.

The bottom line is that NO is a better team than anyone was giving them credit for.

Their offense is sick. Their defense can't really stop the run but if you get up early you don't have to worry about that from a defense.

Romo has come back down to earth. That's not all bad. I'd rather he come back down to earth now than later. He does now need to play within the system more. He seems to be throwing off his back foot too much.

DWare played a very good game, but toward the end of the game he started to lose contain. It's official, DWare is good, Merriman is a better player. No more comments on this until proven otherwise, Merriman is the better player.

Terry Glenn is a stud still. Witten is starting to make me think he's overrated.

The penalty on Parcells was terrible. He should of just called a time out but the brain fart really sucked.

Overall, Roy Williams and Keith Davis played Terrible. KD needs to be benched, he's absolutely terrible.
                    Youre gonna anger alot of people with that statement my friend. I agree with you, but most on this board are gonna call for your head.

I wouldn't call Witten overrated. I actually like him alot. He thrives on a balanced attack. Witten is a great blocker and WR. He's at his best when you guys could do both, that allows him to catch LBs off guard and run out in patterns and catch balls.

When youre in must pass situations, his play decreases because he doesn't have elite speed to simply break an LB, but he's still damn good. Great hands, great route running, thick body, I like Witten alot.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                      Ok, lets not overreact.

Youre gonna anger alot of people with that statement my friend. I agree with you, but most on this board are gonna call for your head.
                      I agree completely, right now Merriman is the better player. But Dware isn't terrible or a bust, Ware is still gonna make alot of probowls and get alot of sacks, so I'm happy with the pick overall. It's not his fault he's not a freak of nature like Merriman.

Comment

Ok, lets not overreact.

I wouldn't call Witten overrated. I actually like him alot. He thrives on a balanced attack. Witten is a great blocker and WR. He's at his best when you guys could do both, that allows him to catch LBs off guard and run out in patterns and catch balls.

When youre in must pass situations, his play decreases because he doesn't have elite speed to simply break an LB, but he's still damn good. Great hands, great route running, thick body I like Witten alot.
                        Sound like you like him a bit TOO much eh?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          Ok, lets not overreact.

When youre in must pass situations, his play decreases because he doesn't have elite speed to simply break an LB, but he's still damn good. Great hands, great route running, thick body I like Witten alot.
                          Sound like you like him a bit TOO much eh?
                          Hey now, youre the one with homosexual friends

Nothing wrong with some meat in the derriere....a woman's derriere that is.

Comment

• Is that the subject of the conversation today? More Merriman vs. Ware debates??? We gonna make new judgements after every game? It's old.

First off, I'd rather have Ware... but even if Merriman was better, I'd still rather have Ware. Merriman may not be on roids now, but he definately used them to get where he is.

What the better debate is... is which front 7 is better? San Diego or Dallas?

I think it's San Diego hands down. I like our secondary much better... but talking about the front 7... San Diego is better... and the supporting cast is a big factor in comparing Merriman to Ware.

Comment

• No one wants to make this a Ware/Merriman debate, we all know what Ware needs to work on to become as good of a pass rusher as Merriman. Its up to Ware to take his game to that next level. Right now, he's not on the same level as Merriman, but with some offseason work, maybe he can be next year.

More importantly...the downlinemen. Should this now be an issue addressed in the draft?

I think the push youre getting from the 3 down linemen has been mediocre. Fergy is still great, but not dominant, but theres no solution here because theres no NTs in the draft.

But what about 3-4 DEs? Should this be addressed now? Do you hold out hope that Spears can get it together, or give up on him? What about Canty, he started out hot, but has now gotten cold. What to do with him?

Im really starting to think that Marcus Spears is your William Joseph. Ive said it before, and the more I watch him the more I believe it. He has all the physical ability in the world, but for whatever reason, cannot and will not put it together.

Now DE might be an area of concern to put on the big board.

Comment

No one wants to make this a Ware/Merriman debate, we all know what Ware needs to work on to become as good of a pass rusher as Merriman. Its up to Ware to take his game to that next level. Right now, he's not on the same level as Merriman, but with some offseason work, maybe he can be next year.

More importantly...the downlinemen. Should this now be an issue addressed in the draft?

I think the push youre getting from the 3 down linemen has been mediocre. Fergy is still great, but not dominant, but theres no solution here because theres no NTs in the draft.

But what about 3-4 DEs? Should this be addressed now? Do you hold out hope that Spears can get it together, or give up on him? What about Canty, he started out hot, but has now gotten cold. What to do with him?

Im really starting to think that Marcus Spears is your William Joseph. Ive said it before, and the more I watch him the more I believe it. He has all the physical ability in the world, but for whatever reason, cannot and will not put it together.

Now DE might be an area of concern to put on the big board.
                                I think Ratliff would get a shot at a starting position before we bring somebody in. Also we have Hatcher who has looked good, even though he seemed to be more of a project.

Also I don't think the problem in the game was execution, at least not on defense. I just think Dallas came into the game unprepared. It seemed like the Saints came into the game with a different gameplan, and Dallas was taken by surprise. They were able to keep Dallas on edge all game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information