Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh...33 isnt that old, these days. Especially for an elite level pass rusher. Reggie White had 16 sacks when he was 37 years old. Strahan had a 11 1/2 when he was 34. Ware is an elite player...he's not going to completely deteriorate if he stays healthy in the next 5 years or so. Of course everyone is different but, I wouldnt worry too much about it. He's the type that you pay w/e is necessary to keep him around. A hall of fame level talent.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-05-2009, 04:27 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
      Let me ask you a question ..... do you think Albert Haynesworth contract is a good contract? Fat Al can play so .... you comment.

But regarding, TNew, you are reading so much into what I post it is hard to discuss it.

I like TNew but he did not deserve that contract and no other team would have given him the years.

Put it this way, if Jerry goes over 5 years on Ware -- I will likely call that a bad contract too. Ware is 27, has 1 year left on his rookie deal and a 5 year deal puts him at 33 when it is done.

You think a 33 year old LB is worth $15MM per year with maybe a 8 MM cap hit in the last year?
      Do you think old players that are bad live out their contracts?

We just saved $4M off our cap by cutting Greg Ellis. C'mon now. Jerry has shown more than you give him credit for. Face the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Meh...33 isnt that old, these days. Especially for an elite level pass rusher. Reggie White had 16 sacks when he was 37 years old. Strahan had a 11 1/2 when he was 34. Ware is an elite player...he's not going to completely deteriorate if he stays healthy in the next 5 years or so. Of course everyone is different but, I wouldnt worry too much about it. He's the type that you pay w/e is necessary to keep him around. A hall of fame level talent.
        CBs have also shown to have long lifespans in the NFL. Bob is just hatin'.

Comment

Meh...33 isnt that old, these days. Especially for an elite level pass rusher. Reggie White had 16 sacks when he was 37 years old. Strahan had a 11 1/2 when he was 34. Ware is an elite player...he's not going to completely deteriorate if he stays healthy in the next 5 years or so. Of course everyone is different but, I wouldnt worry too much about it. He's the type that you pay w/e is necessary to keep him around. A hall of fame level talent.
          I hope you are right b/c if my intuition is right -- Jones is going to give Ware the largest contract in Pro Football History barring injury.

Ware gets 10 sacks by week 8 and he will get 8 years and like $130MM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Do you think old players that are bad live out their contracts?

We just saved $4M off our cap by cutting Greg Ellis. C'mon now. Jerry has shown more than you give him credit for. Face the facts.
            You mean like eating Roy Williams and TO's contracts?

Talk about facts.

Comment

• It's not just you, everyone knows Ware will soon be the highest paid player in the league. Looking at over $40 million in guaranteed money.

I'm just surprised that we didnt get it done prior to camp. Looks like there is no hurry either but, it's 100% getting done in time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

CBs have also shown to have long lifespans in the NFL. Bob is just hatin'.
                Long life span at CB? How you figure that?

One thing is playing and another thing is playing at a Pro-Bowl level.

Comment

It's not just you, everyone knows Ware will soon be the highest paid player in the league. Looking at over $40 million in guaranteed money.

I'm just surprised that we didnt get it done prior to camp. Looks like there is no hurry either but, it's 100% getting done in time.
                  Please be accurate b/c it does make a difference, I did not say highest paid per year -- I said LARGEST CONTRACT ever.

McNabb (correction Vick $130MM) has the largest ever I think .... Ware will exceed that IMHO and most folks don't expect that. They are expecting Haynesworth numbers.
                  Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-05-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Well Haynesworth's is technically the highest ever. The guaranteed money is what most look at. Haynesworth got $41 million guaranteed, the highest ever. Ware will top that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Scandrick and Jenkins have me really excited, almost more then anyone, the competition is bringing the best out of both of them, Scandrick always plays with a chip on his shoulder, and loves contact(can we get an amen that the talk of him moving to safety is done lol).

Also for what it's worth Newman has looked 100% healthy and awesome, I hope we scale back his minutes during pre-season quite a bit, but I'd take our 3 corners over any WR core in the division this year.

Is there any set of WR's from within the division that makes anyone worried with our top 3 DB's? Not me. NYG has a group of solid guys but no game breakers, Wash still just has Moss and Newman can handle him very well, Phi has the best group but with Newman on Desean I think Curtis and Maclin will be held in check by Scandrick and Jenkins.

Throw in the great play of Sensabaugh, who they said was covering the slot WR all last year for JAX and it makes for a good mix. We are much faster back there, will do alot more man coverage, and I don't see any Reeves or RW's the offense can pin point and pick on, health permitting.

We just have to cut down turnovers, I think that's key this season, play field position, we have McBriar back booming, Buehler booming kicks, we can still be a big play quick strike offense but if we cut down on turnovers we should be in every game this year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• ummm...I dont know what to think w/ the Eagles receiving core yet. They have some ridiculous speed. I dont know exactly how that will shape up yet but, that can be a very dangerous group. Jackson/Maclin even have the potential to, I guess change the game even more. The speedier receivers have really become a major threat again and the Eagles are coming w/ two of them. They scare me more than the others. Giants have no one at this point that strikes fear into our defense. Skins have Moss who is hit or miss and the ever dangerous Cooley.

I love what we're working w/ though. The Eagles matchup is the most intriguing.

Hopefully, we're looking at more takeaways this year. INTs have been rather rare for us.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-05-2009, 04:52 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                          You mean like eating Roy Williams and TO's contracts?

Talk about facts.
                          Yeah, let's talk about facts. Not one sided beliefs and tunnel vision. I openly admitted Roy's contract was bad just a few posts ago. Jerry made a mistake there because he failed to foresee Roy turning into a dud. Eating TO's contract this year also tastes bad. But are you telling me that your take is that based off those 2 contracts, that that's all Jerry does is sign bad contracts and eat every single one? Face the facts.

Bashing is fine. I bash Jerry all the time. But until you start to realize that you need to give credit where credit is due, you'll never be a rational poster. The guy doesn't only do bad.

Comment

ummm...I dont know what to think w/ the Eagles receiving core yet. They have some ridiculous speed. I dont know exactly how that will shape up yet but, that can be a very dangerous group. Jackson/Maclin even have the potential to, I guess change the game even more. The speedier receivers have really become a major threat again and the Eagles are coming w/ two of them. They scare me more than the others. Giants have no one at this point that strikes fear into our defense. Skins have Moss who is hit or miss and the ever dangerous Cooley.

I love what we're working w/ though. The Eagles matchup is the most intriguing.

Hopefully, we're looking at more takeaways this year. INTs have been rather rare for us.
                            The Eagles WR duo will be effective if they can be speedy AND physical. If they get jammed at the line, bumped off routes, then they won't be that scary. Maclin has that potential more than Jackson.

Lately the trend in the NFL has been trying to find big WRs who can outmuscle, outjump the smaller speedier CBs. So to combat that, the NFL has seen more bigger muscular DBs who can match that physicality. The Eagles are one of those teams that will now try to use speed as a mismatch against the bigger DBs in the league. The NFL rules are making it easier for them to be successful. So I think they will be a great tandem. The result is the NFL will go back to looking for smaller faster CBs and the cycle will repeat over and over as teams constantly try to gain mismatch advantages. This is all cyclical. Best thing to have is a combination imo. Or find freaks of nature that are big, strong and just as fast and shifty as the little guys.

Comment

Yeah, let's talk about facts. Not one sided beliefs and tunnel vision. I openly admitted Roy's contract was bad just a few posts ago. Jerry made a mistake there because he failed to foresee Roy turning into a dud. Eating TO's contract this year also tastes bad. But are you telling me that your take is that based off those 2 contracts, that that's all Jerry does is sign bad contracts and eat every single one? Face the facts.

Bashing is fine. I bash Jerry all the time. But until you start to realize that you need to give credit where credit is due, you'll never be a rational poster. The guy doesn't only do bad.
                              He doesn't do just bad but neither does Al Davis.

But he is the second worst GM in Pro Football with a job.

Comment

Well Haynesworth's is technically the highest ever. The guaranteed money is what most look at. Haynesworth got $41 million guaranteed, the highest ever. Ware will top that.
                                That was 7/100/41

I expect Jerry go nuts on DeMarcus because that is how Jerry rolls ....

8/130/50

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information