This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    He doesn't do just bad but neither does Al Davis.

But he is the second worst GM in Pro Football with a job.
    More opinion... Less fact.

Comment

• He did the right thing on Canty versus Olshansky.

There, I found ONE EXAMPLE of him letting a Vet go for a cheaper option.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        More opinion... Less fact.
        I can't believe you would say that..... Al Davis went to the Superbowl this decade. Jerry has yet to win ONE playoff game since 1996. Matt Millen was let go so ..... not an active GM

I think it is pretty easy to argue he is the worst since his track record stinks in producing winners is bad ... and certainly in a Post Cap Era.
        Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• The faster/shiftier little guys have really been finding their way back to the top. The game is always changing and w/ the success of guys like Jackson, Royal, Ginn, Hester, Avery, etc. They're in demand right now. You could see a lot of teams attempt to emulate Philly, if they can have success with two of these burners.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            The faster/shiftier little guys have really been finding their way back to the top. The game is always changing and w/ the success of guys like Jackson, Royal, Ginn, Hester, Avery, etc. They're in demand right now. You could see a lot of teams attempt to emulate Philly, if they can have success with two of these burners.
            Blame Steve Smith!

Comment

I can't believe you would say that..... Al Davis went to the Superbowl this decade. Jerry has yet to win ONE playoff game since 1996. Matt Millen was let go so ..... not an active GM

I think it is pretty easy to argue he is the worst since his track record stinks in producing winners is bad ... and certainly in a Post Cap Era.
              But fact is Jerry has 3 SB rings. You can't just look at a piece of the puzzle and choose how far back you wanna go.

So how many other GMs out there have 3 rings to their resume?

How many different teams have won a SB since '96?

A little more than a handful out of 32 teams? Yet Jerry is the worst?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                The faster/shiftier little guys have really been finding their way back to the top. The game is always changing and w/ the success of guys like Jackson, Royal, Ginn, Hester, Avery, etc. They're in demand right now. You could see a lot of teams attempt to emulate Philly, if they can have success with two of these burners.
                I think they'll be inconsistent. You need versatility on both sides of the ball. They might have some great days and some nightmarish days. I don't think they are uncontainable to our secondary... especially now that Henry and Roy are gone.

Comment

But fact is Jerry has 3 SB rings. You can't just look at a piece of the puzzle and choose how far back you wanna go.

He is not the worst gm in the league.....People are correct in criticizing him. He does make many bad choices. I wish he would step aside and just be an owner.

Comment

• I really like how this years team is approaching the season. It sems to be all football and no drama in training camp. If this continues then the should perform well during the year....

Comment

• Originally posted by ricowboy View Post
                      I really like how this years team is approaching the season. It sems to be all football and no drama in training camp. If this continues then the should perform well during the year....
                      Our SB teams had more drama than 90210. Drama is overrated as an excuse.

Comment

Al Davis has three.

What is your point about Jerry GM again??

Comment

• Originally posted by ricowboy View Post
                          He is not the worst gm in the league.....People are correct in criticizing him. He does make many bad choices. I wish he would step aside and just be an owner.
                          Yup. He's not perfect. Can't hope for the impossible though. I bash him when he deserves to be bashed and praise him when he deserves to be praised. That's all you can do and still be honest with yourself.

Comment

Yup. He's not perfect. Can't hope for the impossible though. I bash him when he deserves to be bashed and praise him when he deserves to be praised. That's all you can do and still be honest with yourself.
                            I love the Olshansky move.

Comment

Al Davis has three.

What is your point about Jerry GM again??
                              Jerry has not shown the same tendencies to do the unthinkable that Al has been doing. At least have some rationale in your comparisons. This is like saying grass is green and money is green so they are the same.

Comment

Jerry has not shown the same tendencies to do the unthinkable that Al has been doing.
                                He fired a SB Coach b/c he did not want to share credit.
                                He let Parcells go for TO.
                                He resigned an aging TO for big money.
                                He gave a deficient Roy Williams SS a huge contract.
                                He traded lots of picks for two (not one) mediocre WR on two ocassions.
                                He loves to sign other teams name brand trash.
                                He continues to live in the past by rehiring his old coaches from his glory days.
                                He loves to use players from the glory days to defend him and his image.
                                He behaves oddly in public and grossly exaggerates small successes.
                                He hires weak head coaches.
                                He dresses like a PIMP.
                                He wears too many hats in the organization.

AGAIN, what were you saying?? He sounds lots like Al to me......
                                Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-05-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information