This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    He fired a SB Coach b/c he did not want to share credit.
    He let Parcells go for TO.
    He resigned TO for big money.
    He gave a ****** Roy Williams SS a huge contract.
    He traded lots of picks to two (not one) mediocre WR.
    He loves to sign other teams name brand trash.
    He continues to live in the past by rehiring his old coaches from his glory days.
    He behaves oddly in public.
    He dresses like a PIMP.

AGAIN, what were you saying??
    Never called him perfect. Quite the contrary. However, you can build a long list of mistakes from every GM in the league. ...old or new, past or present.

You could also take different points of view from your arguments...
    He won 3 rings with Jimmy.
    He won more SBs than Parcells and won them more recently.
    He brought BP aboard in the first place and turned the team around.
    Some of his brand trash have made Pro Bowls (TO, Davis).
    He's HAD glory days. :D
    He's fun!!!

Comparative rationale and Perspective. That's all it takes. Be honest with yourself. There is good and bad. It's fine to bash him. It's fair not to bash him all the time. You don't have to bash him all the time. I think we all know where you stand and that you won't ever be a rational poster. But it'd be nice to not hear ignorant, one-sided tunnel vision bashing 24/7. Let's talk football.
    Last edited by D-Unit; 08-05-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Let me make you feel better D -- Eli Manning's contract is one albatross. God he is barely good as a Pro QB. Talk about a team over reaching for a player.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Never called him perfect. Quite the contrary. However, you can build a long list of mistakes from every GM in the league. ...old or new, past or present.

You could also take different points of view from your arguments...
        He won 3 rings with Jimmy.
        He won more SBs than Parcells and won them more recently.
        He brought BP aboard in the first place and turned the team around.
        Some of his brand trash have made Pro Bowls (TO, Davis).
        He's HAD glory days. :D
        He's fun!!!
        Wonderful Owner. Shatty GM.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
          Wonderful Owner. Shatty GM.
          Fair enough. So what have you liked about training camp so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Fair enough. So what have you liked about training camp so far?
            No drama. No shat talking.

I am really waiting till Pre-Season game to get even remotely excited.

Every year in camp you hear this and that ..... then the season starts and it is all undone.

This year all the Bennett and Carpenter chatter is interesting.
            Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-05-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• blogging the boys is such a ******* puff piece it's disgusting.

that website has turned into a joke. Rafael Vela has every cowboy **** so far down his throat .

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                blogging the boys is such a ******* puff piece it's disgusting.

that website has turned into a joke. Rafael Vela has every cowboy **** so far down his throat .
                Why? Because they said something positive about RW? I know you like to be the bearer of bad news and all, but I hardly think the website has turned into a joke because they may see the positive light on certain situations while you see the negative of every situation.

Matt Moseley also praised RW in his blog and he's been at the practices also, I don't see why the only thing that excites you is negative news about anything, or a piece trashing RW.

He does actually go to practices you know, I see no problem with him reporting what he saw as he saw it, that's more then any of us can do here.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Dude is a joke. Always has been. According to him, every player is a HOFer.

Roy sucks and hasn't done **** still.

He caught 9 out of 17 balls going against scrub DB's.

He's had 1 successful day at TC out of 13 practices.

And already there is a puff piece devoted to him. Talking him up beyond belief. I saw things like "Roy was running perfect routes, burning people on double moves, and getting great separation"

All other observations from credible sources say Roy can't run a double move for ****. The only one he's been successful on was against Mickens, who has been torched by everyone down to Jesse Holly.

I can't believe you guys buy into the same **** every year. The pre season cowboy hype among fans is a joke. We haven't won a playoff game in what, 12 years now?

I'll wait till about week 6 before I decide anything about this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                    I can't believe you guys buy into the same **** every year. The pre season cowboy hype among fans is a joke. We haven't won a playoff game in what, 12 years now?

I'll wait till about week 6 before I decide anything about this team.
                    So why even talk about Training Camp news? Why even have the forum open right now? Last I checked not one person is buying into any hype around here, I swear I don't get the majority of your post.

So it's ok to talk about the guys who suck at TC, but you can't even mention the players who do well? If I recall correctly you were quick to come in and point out how bad RW has been sucking thus far, but nobody can say anything positive about players playing well though.

I think we all have enough sense around here to realize that anything that happens now doesn't mean much, some guys who play well now will continue to do so, and others won't, happens all the time. There is nothing wrong with being excited about young players stepping their game up at all, you for some reason get aggravated whenever someone sheds positive light on something.

Should we talk more about how RW sucks? Or how we gave up too much in the trade? Or how we could of got Boldin? Yea, that's alot more fun to talk about then who is performing well in Training Camp

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Roy Williams, Marcus Spears, and Bobby Carpenter are all being overhyped right now.

I buy into what's being said about Scandrick/Jenkins and Marty B because those were guys who showed immediate promise.

Those 3 guys up top. Nothing but average. They will all be let downs in comparison to what's expected of them now. Roy will be inconsistent. Spears will be his usual terrible self. Carpenter will continue to be allergic to contact and play the middle like a girl.

Comment

• Albert Breer posted his thoughts on TC and said good things about RW. I highly respect Breer's opinion....and truly miss his contributions to the DMN Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Albert Breer posted his thoughts on TC and said good things about RW. I highly respect Breer's opinion....and truly miss his contributions to the DMN Blog
                          Do you have a link for that?

Comment

• Hey guys, im new here.

There is one point that i found interesting that i was talking to my friends about the other day. This has to do with our games vs. the giants...

How many times did we have the giants on the ropes in a big third down situation, and then Amani Toomer would catch an out or a hitch or whatever right past the sticks in front of anthony henry, roy williams, or jacquee reeves. more times than i can remember. and this would demoralize our defense. i think the loss off him really sets the giants back and people are over looking it. with our much improved secondary and the loss of plax and toomer, i think we can dominate the giants to be honest.

just an opinion and i haven't seen a discussion about it so i'd like to see some opinions/views.

thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              Hey guys, im new here.

There is one point that i found interesting that i was talking to my friends about the other day. This has to do with our games vs. the giants...

How many times did we have the giants on the ropes in a big third down situation, and then Amani Toomer would catch an out or a hitch or whatever right past the sticks in front of anthony henry, roy williams, or jacquee reeves. more times than i can remember. and this would demoralize our defense. i think the loss off him really sets the giants back and people are over looking it. with our much improved secondary and the loss of plax and toomer, i think we can dominate the giants to be honest.

just an opinion and i haven't seen a discussion about it so i'd like to see some opinions/views.

thanks.
                              Hey welcome! Tell us about yourself.

I know exactly what you're talking about with Toomer. Those catches demoralized me as a fan more times than I care to recall. Wasn't it just sickening? I'd yell like... "How the hell is he so wide open???!!!" at the TV!!!

Toomer just signed on with the Chiefs, so I'm happy for him, but more happy that he's not with the Giants.

The thing is though. I'm not going to invest much in the thought that his loss will set them back. Someone will step up. Just like when Tiki Barber left. I was so happy to see him retire, but the Giant's run game never took a hit with Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward stepping up.

I think they got enough talent at WR that just in a matter of time, things will click for them. What scares me is that they are actually quite loaded with bodies. Who emerges is the question. They have Hixon, Smith, Moss, Manningham... they drafted Nicks in Rnd 1 (who I thought was the most NFL ready WR in the draft), Barden who could provide excellent size mismatches to our defense and they have even talked about making Travis Beckum a WR.

So that combined with Toomer's age and slowing down... I don't think we can expect to beat them up easily just because he's gone.

Comment

• Im afraid the Giants already found their new Amani Toomer in Steve Smith.

He's that same type of silent assassin.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information