Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    Losing Matt Moore stung last season when Romo went down. His name has become synonymous with "ouch" for me.
    Exactly. When I heard Moore got cut, my thoughts were two things 1) Romo can't go down. 2) Johnson better be ready. Both of those ended up bad. I can't recall how many times I wanted to see Moore while Johnson was out there dickin' around. I hated that cut.

    BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
      Exactly. When I heard Moore got cut, my thoughts were two things 1) Romo can't go down. 2) Johnson better be ready. Both of those ended up bad. I can't recall how many times I wanted to see Moore while Johnson was out there dickin' around. I hated that cut.
      Same. I hated to see Moore go. What basically has happened is that we had to struggle with Johnson/Bollinger last year and had to spend a 4th rounder (which was practically a 3rd since it was the first pick in the 4th) on a 3rd string QB who has less experience in our system now. Had Moore been here the whole time, he would be far along now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Same. I hated to see Moore go. What basically has happened is that we had to struggle with Johnson/Bollinger last year and had to spend a 4th rounder (which was practically a 3rd since it was the first pick in the 4th) on a 3rd string QB who has less experience in our system now. Had Moore been here the whole time, he would be far along now.
        And worst part is anyone with two eyeballs saw in Preseason

        a) Moore had moxie and some talent.
        b) Johnson was shot.

        Another JJGM Special. Keep the Vet and cut the youngster simply because "he can't project talent."

        Abram Elam anyone? Jereme Urban?

        Comment


        • Yeah thats three HOF's for sure. Aikman anyone? Emmitt? D-Ware? Yeah I know in your world Jimmy and Parcells drafted every good player we have ever had, and Jerry only drafted the scrubs. Sorry it doesnt work that way....except in your (Im the best GM ever) world.




          The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

          Comment


          • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
            And worst part is anyone with two eyeballs saw in Preseason

            a) Moore had moxie and some talent.
            b) Johnson was shot.

            Another JJGM Special. Keep the Vet and cut the youngster simply because "he can't project talent."

            Abram Elam anyone? Jereme Urban?
            Ewe... Elam and Urban suck. Glad we have Sensabaugh now instead. If Urban made the team then Hurd or Austin wouldn't have. I like those options better.

            Bob special: Keep Abram Elam and Jereme Urban!!! LOL.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
              Yeah thats three HOF's for sure. Aikman anyone? Emmitt? D-Ware? Yeah I know in your world Jimmy and Parcells drafted every good player we have ever had, and Jerry only drafted the scrubs. Sorry it doesnt work that way....except in your (Im the best GM ever) world.
              I can make the same argument for Al Davis.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                I can make the same argument for Al Davis.
                Using that same logic, have you ever tried to buy something from a store using grass? Because, grass and cash have the same color you know...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Ewe... Elam and Urban suck. Glad we have Sensabaugh now instead. If Urban made the team then Hurd or Austin wouldn't have. I like those options better.

                  Bob special: Keep Abram Elam and Jereme Urban!!! LOL.
                  I think you're off the mark if you would rather have a FA 1 year signee over a guy we drafted and could have brought up in house, whose talent levels are pretty close. If you disagree about their talent level, I'd like to hear a convincing argument.

                  Comment


                  • I can't wait to see how Butler and Williams look tomorrow. I'm browsing around, and seeing some really good things said about them. Butler more so than Williams. I'm hearing that Butler is looking very good in camp.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

                    Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Using that same logic, have you ever tried to buy something from a store using grass? Because, grass and cash have the same color you know...
                      I need a map with instructions for this post.

                      Al Davis actually did find and draft HOF Players. Jerry is it debatable.

                      Regardless Al is horrid right now and Jerry is not far behind.

                      Comment


                      • Hopefully Williams can play. He hurt his shoulder, nothing serious. Categorized as "sore" but, it may keep him out. I'm real excited to see both as well. Williams has had a fantastic camp as well. Butler has been the more consistent, though. But our coaches really like both guys.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Ewe... Elam and Urban suck. Glad we have Sensabaugh now instead. If Urban made the team then Hurd or Austin wouldn't have. I like those options better.

                          Bob special: Keep Abram Elam and Jereme Urban!!! LOL.
                          I guess Arizona's WR core sucks so bad they actually kept Urban as the 4th WR. ROTFLMAO! And Elam, yeah he sucks too. That $1.5MM contract means NOTHING!

                          Not sure what the rest had to do with Jerry getting rid of young guys simply becuase he can't project.

                          Comment


                          • Urban had no shot to make the team. As was said, that would have meant that Austin, Hurd, or a rookie Stanback would be off the roster.

                            Urban was also the oldest of the bunch...his chances were slim at best, though. We already had 6 receivers.

                            I would have liked to hold onto Elam. I dont remember the specifics. I think he initially made the roster but, we cut him when we picked up Ogelsby.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-12-2009, 06:49 PM.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                              I need a map with instructions for this post.

                              Al Davis actually did find and draft HOF Players. Jerry is it debatable.

                              Regardless Al is horrid right now and Jerry is not far behind.
                              Just LAST YEAR we drafted Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins, Martellus Bennett, Tashard Choice, and Orlando Scandrick. Yeah thats horrid.




                              The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                              Comment


                              • Thinking back to the Urban days, brings back memories. In 2006 Hurd was awfully impressive and everyone figured he was making it but, Miles Austin had a pretty bad camp, in his rookie year. Most people had us keeping Copper instead. I remember how surprised a lot of us were to see us hold onto Miles. haha.

                                Also...who remembers Pepper Johnson? :) There is a name for you. Oh, and Justin Beriault. <3

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information