X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule
    Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
    Originally posted by fryman
    I don't really have a problem with him off the field, but like I have already said I have a problem with the drops. Even bigger than the drops are how much we try to force him the ball though. that has been bugging me more and more. Half the time when he is thrown to he isn't open.
    Yeah but the thing is you always feel that pressure to force the ball to him, and I feel if we drafted a home grown wide receiver we wouldn't feel that kind of pressure and could spread the ball to Glenn, Crayton, Witten, and the rookie WR.

And like you said TO hasn't necessarily been that big of a distraction off of the field but it's only a matter of time before he is.

TO is still a top WR in the NFL. No matter how you slice it. What you don't understand is that he has always dropped balls. I don't suppose you watched the game in the playoffs when it was SF and GB in the conf championship and TO had about 11 drops. But who made the seemingly impossible catch to win the game. TO...he will drop balls but he is a great player who has heart.

I can't think of one player on this team that has more heart.
    If the "suicide/overdose" didn't distract the team, then I don't know what will.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

Comment

Same...
      Whats up buttercup!

Comment

I don't really have a problem with him off the field, but like I have already said I have a problem with the drops. Even bigger than the drops are how much we try to force him the ball though. that has been bugging me more and more. Half the time when he is thrown to he isn't open.
        Yeah but the thing is you always feel that pressure to force the ball to him, and I feel if we drafted a home grown wide receiver we wouldn't feel that kind of pressure and could spread the ball to Glenn, Crayton, Witten, and the rookie WR.

And like you said TO hasn't necessarily been that big of a distraction off of the field but it's only a matter of time before he is.
        TO is still a top WR in the NFL. No matter how you slice it. What you don't understand is that he has always dropped balls. I don't suppose you watched the game in the playoffs when it was SF and GB in the conf championship and TO had about 11 drops. But who made the seemingly impossible catch to win the game. TO...he will drop balls but he is a great player who has heart.

Oh I know he drops passes, and I know he did before he got here. Yes on the statsheet he will always be a top WR because of all the passes thrown his way. He's bound to catch some.... Also TO may have heart but he is too emotional and he lets every little thing bother him which overshadows his "heart" and I'll bet Tony Romo has more heart than TO. At least Romo plays for the love of the game. TO has to feed his family :roll:
        "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
          Originally posted by thule

Oh no I know he drops passes. And I know he did before he got here. Yes on the statsheet he will always be a top WR because of all the passes thrown his way. Also TO may have heart but he is too emotional, he lets every little thing bother him which overshadows his "heart" and I'll bet Tony Romo has more heart than TO. At least Romo plays for the love of the game. TO has to feed his family :roll:
          Just to add to my arguement. Look at Tory Holt. He has had quite a few drops today. He is a "me" player. He is emotional. Yet he is a top WR in this league. I bet you wouldn't be asking for his head if he played for us. I just don't get where your coming from. The best WR's in the league are emotional. Thats what makes them the best. TO is under a magnifined glass so his mistakes are played out by the media more then any other player. Don't read into the media...otherwise it'll be a rollercoaster ride.

Comment

• Just to add to my arguement. Look at Tory Holt. He has had quite a few drops today. He is a "me" player. He is emotional. Yet he is a top WR in this league. I bet you wouldn't be asking for his head if he played for us. I just don't get where your coming from. The best WR's in the league are emotional. Thats what makes them the best. TO is under a magnifined glass so his mistakes are played out by the media more then any other player. Don't read into the media...otherwise it'll be a rollercoaster ride.
            Yes Torry Holt has dropped passes tonight which is why the announcers are saying it's uncharacteristic for him, that's the difference. You expect TO to drop passes, from Holt you don't expect it. And Holt is emotional mostly in his head and with his play on the field, he isn't crazy emotional like TO. There aren't headlines of Holt sleeping in meetings, talking like he doesn't listen to the coach, or having any accidental overdoses. Where I am coming from is that TO is a time bomb, I know that sounds typical of the media but he is a basket case the sooner we realize this the better; and yes I would rather have Holt and would not be calling for his head because he wouldn't have a Sunday conversation talking about all of the flaws in the organization. Heart and stupidity are two different things. TO is under the magified glass which is why he should make an even bigger effort not to give the media a story but he gets enjoyment out of it. To take a quote for Bill, he sucks the media right in. It seems like to me you believe every word TO says when he tells people that everything he does is magnified and how much heart he has. Its all BS. I just hope we can get out this relationship before it gets to much worse. If he's back next year I will be very upset and will expect a lot of controversy. Year 1 you can usually get by with TO, year 2 your pushing it. Let's not push it.
            "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
              Just to add to my arguement. Look at Tory Holt. He has had quite a few drops today. He is a "me" player. He is emotional. Yet he is a top WR in this league. I bet you wouldn't be asking for his head if he played for us. I just don't get where your coming from. The best WR's in the league are emotional. Thats what makes them the best. TO is under a magnifined glass so his mistakes are played out by the media more then any other player. Don't read into the media...otherwise it'll be a rollercoaster ride.
              Yes Torry Holt has dropped passes tonight which is why the announcers are saying it's uncharacteristic for him, that's the difference. You expect TO to drop passes, from Holt you don't expect it. And Holt is emotional mostly in his head and with his play on the field, he isn't crazy emotional like TO. There aren't headlines of Holt sleeping in meetings, talking like he doesn't listen to the coach, or having any accidental overdoses. Where I am coming from is that TO is a time bomb, I know that sounds typical of the media but he is a basket case the sooner we realize this the better; and yes I would rather have Holt and would not be calling for his head because he wouldn't have a Sunday conversation talking about all of the flaws in the organization. Heart and stupidity are two different things. TO is under the magified glass which is why he should make an even bigger effort not to give the media a story but he gets enjoyment out of it. To take a quote for Bill, he sucks the media right in. It seems like to me you believe every word TO says when he tells people that everything he does is magnified and how much heart he has. Its all BS. I just hope we can get out this relationship before it gets to much worse. If he's back next year I will be very upset and will expect a lot of controversy. Year 1 you can usually get by with TO, year 2 your pushing it. Let's not push it.
              Why take a cap hit on a player who has done everything you've asked of him. Your logic seems skewed. You honestly think JJ will release TO when TO has been a model citizen for us?

Comment

• Why take a cap hit on a player who has done everything you've asked of him. Your logic seems skewed. You honestly think JJ will release TO when TO has been a model citizen for us?
                There actually wouldn't be much of a cap hit if one at all because TO signed a series of one year contracts, and at the end of each year the Cowboys can re-asess where they are at with Owens.

Anyways I would like to ask you one quick question.

Who would Jerry choose, Terrell Owens or Bill Parcells?
                "Red Ball"

Comment

• Sooo... will we be able to watch the Falcs game without a subscription to the NFL network? Or am I just screwed out of this game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                    Sooo... will we be able to watch the Falcs game without a subscription to the NFL network? Or am I just screwed out of this game?
                    If you live in Dallas they will show it locally.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Sooo... will we be able to watch the Falcs game without a subscription to the NFL network? Or am I just screwed out of this game?
                      Oh thank god, I thought was gonna have to choke a *****.

Comment

• Why wont Skyler just go away?

He is better than that linemen he replaced, but come on. It isn't like he is getting chances to return punts, and he wont get carries at RB.

Comment

• Parcells must see something he likes.

That or he just needs to fill roster space.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            The problem is, if you live in UTEP, the Valley, and possibly even San Antonio/Austin, you won't be able to get the game without the NFL Network.

Comment

• Back on the subject of TO, i know he hasnt been as explosive for us as he was for the eagles a few years back, but come on now, would you rather have TO or Keyshawn. He does things for the offense that no one else can. Even if he doesnt get the ball hes still a great decoy which is helping glenn, crayton, and witten get unfavorable match ups.

the dude has heart and i really think he is trying for once. No major off field problems, no throwing team mates under the bus. Even though he may have excuses as ive heard some of you say, ive heard him take responsibility on the mic and say "I need to run better routes, I need to make the catches im supposed to make" hes owned up to his share of things.

I just think hes a different player than he was in the past, when julius broke that 77 yarder, he made an effort to sprint downfield to throw blocks. The phili or SF TO could give a rats ass if Julius scored or not, he was only worried about his own stats. I see him as much more of a team player now. Hes proved me wrong on many levels because i used to think he was just as bad as Randy Moss who is a real cancer.

I think the team likes him too, every time he score i see guys like Newman, Henry, and the LB's come bump him and slap high fives.

and most of all he has that electrifying factor. the crowd loves him when he does good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                                It will be simulcast locally in DFW on ch. 21 just like the ESPN games used to be. Unfortunately for people that live in other parts of Texas and don't have NFL Network, well they're SOL. I don't see it as that big of a deal, why don't all the NFL fans just get Direct TV or Dish Network, I think the prices are pretty comparable with cable.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information