This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    Get a grip, no one is comparing Elam versus Sensabuagh. Only you are.

It was never a choice between the two so what is your rant about?

Moore, Elam, Urban, Peterman, Fowler are all examples of young players pretty much run out of town b/c the GM could not project development.

Signing guys like Hamlin, Sensabuagh, TO, Davis, etc is about picking up known quantities at a price.

JJ GM is just not very good trading off more expensive Vets for less experienced and cheaper young guys.

Pittsburgh and Indy and NE do it just that way most of the time. Cut the Vets and keep the youth. They also don't out and draft 2 guys for a roster allegedly filled with Pro-Bowlers in their 20s.
    Unless I missed the question, Ward asked me to tell him why Sensabaugh is more talented than Elam.

But now you're telling me Jerry sucks so damn much because he let Moore, Elam, Urban, Peterman, Fowler go? Wow man, like really.... this is getting pathetic. Those guys haven't established themselves as such good players in the league to the point where you can say Jerry is stupid for letting them go.

...just let it go already.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Name a GM in the league that hasn't missed on a 4th round draft pick. Don't you dare say Bill Parcells. Cause Skyler Green and Bruce Thornton say Hi.
      This is navel gazing at its worst.

The problem is not missing on picks, the problem is systematically reaching for players constantly and then picking up players that don't fit your team or your system.

Comment

• Pretty funny that both Shanle and Fowler were suspended for steroids. ha.

Honestly though, Moore hasnt done anything in this league yet. I wanted him back as well but, lets not overrate him. He was terrible when he got in there w/ Carolina. And Fowler isnt even that good, he's a special teams guy more than anything. Peterman starts so there is that but, it's not like he's going to any pro bowls any time soon. lol. They're just on other rosters, they're not stars. Every team has these types that go on to do well for themselves elsewhere.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-12-2009, 07:47 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

Unless I missed the question, Ward asked me to tell him why Sensabaugh is more talented than Elam.

But now you're telling me Jerry sucks so damn much because he let Moore, Elam, Urban, Peterman, Fowler go? Wow man, like really.... this is getting pathetic. Those guys haven't established themselves as such good players in the league to the point where you can say Jerry is stupid for letting them go.

...just let it go already.
          You have a bad habit of making up asinine opinions and then ascribing them to others in order to score debate points. It really is disappointing.

No, Jerry sucks because he is unable to build winning teams without a Coach/GM to control his destructive botox habits.

His personnel, drafting, and coaching decision all are a part of it. No one weakness defines the GM but the lot of them does.
          Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-12-2009, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Pretty funny that both Shanle and Fowler were suspended for steroids. ha.

Honestly though, Moore hasnt done anything in this league yet. I wanted him back as well but, lets not overrate him. He was terrible when he got in there w/ Carolina. And Fowler isnt even that good, he's a special teams guy more than anything. Peterman starts so there is that but, it's not like he's going to any pro bowls any time soon. lol. They're just on other rosters, they're not stars. Every team has these types that go on to do well for themselves elsewhere.
            Point is Moore should be here and not there.

Moore here means a draft pick with a chance to contribute today. Not McGee

Much like Stanback, wasted pick. Could have kept Urban here and used that on something else.

Who knows, maybe two decent OL could have come from those top of 4th picks.

Comment

That is the biggest joke I have heard in years.

Really, if anyone needs to let it go its you. Your opinion is completely running against facts.

And fact is, only time players were ever developed in Dallas was under Jimmy and Bill. Under Jones and his sock puppet coaches I can only remember one, Larry Allen, in 19 years.
              If that's a joke, then you really are off your rocker.

All I know is who Jerry kept and who he let go. And the ones he kept are way better than the ones he let go.

Crying about losing Moore, Elam, Urban, Peterman, Fowler... Now THAT's the biggest joke I have ever heard here. PERIOD.

I get that you won't credit Jerry for anything accomplished under Jimmy and Bill, but that's just blinding yourself dude.

...and on your last statement about "facts"... I guess you think Felix Jones, Martellus Bennett, Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick, and Tashard Choice are just crap players who haven't or won't developed here. LMAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Pretty funny that both Shanle and Fowler were suspended for steroids. ha.

Fowler started for pretty damn good TN Defense.

Comment

...and on your last statement about "facts"... I guess you think Felix Jones, Martellus Bennett, Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick, and Tashard Choice are just crap players who haven't or won't developed here. LMAO.
                  So one draft where the outcomes are still unknown is what you hang your hat on in terms of Jerry's excellence?

What about the other drafts of his over the last 15 years??

ROTFLMAO!

The guy is not good as a GM. Why is that so controversial? Neither was George Steinbrenner. Great Owners. Horrid GM.

Comment

This is navel gazing at its worst.

The problem is not missing on picks, the problem is systematically reaching for players constantly and then picking up players that don't fit your team or your system.
                    Build your case.

Comment

Fowler started for pretty damn good TN Defense.
                      And he sucked. He's a bench warmer these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

So one draft where the outcomes are still unknown is what you hang your hat on in terms of Jerry's excellence?

ROTFLMAO!

The guy is not good as a GM. Why is that so controversial? Neither was George Steinbrenner. Great Owners. Horrid GM.
                        Dude did Jerry **** your wife or something?

He is our owner, he has 3 rings, and is a billionaire. It's the facts and you can't change it. get over it.

**** and talk about the team that we have. Holy crap dude.

Comment

You have a bad habit of making up asinine opinions and then ascribing them to others in order to score debate points. It really is disappointing.

No, Jerry sucks because he is unable to build winning teams without a Coach/GM to control his destructive botox habits.

His personnel, drafting, and coaching decision all are a part of it. No one weakness defines the GM but the lot of them does.
                          I'm wondering if you ever apply the things you say to yourself...

You can say Jerry sucks without a coach/gm all you want, but the fact remains is that he brought those guys aboard, listened to them and we have had many good players come through here.

He hasn't won a SB in a long time, but he still has 3 rings and that's more than many GMs can say.

Comment

Point is Moore should be here and not there.

Moore here means a draft pick with a chance to contribute today. Not McGee

Much like Stanback, wasted pick. Could have kept Urban here and used that on something else.

Who knows, maybe two decent OL could have come from those top of 4th picks.
                            gah. This is so easy to say this now. I'm sorry that Jerry and his staff dont possess a crystal ball.

Also, JJ isnt the one making the final decisions on the 53 man roster. No way. He'd be involved in the round table with his insights but, he listens to his coaches. And they do have freedom there. If JJ had his way and didnt listen to his guys, marketing friendly, Danny Amendola would probably be on this team right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

ROTFLMAO!

All you do is ignore the good and hiddeously reach on the bad. Have some balance. You're just an unreasonable hater until you do.

Comment

• New topic: Does anybody still have hope in Doug Free? I don't. But maybe I'm wrong? Tell me what your guys thoughts are.

Here's a chance for Bob to come out before hindsights 20/20.

I can just see Jerry letting him go after this season and then Bob saying... Jerry is an imbecile GM!!! HE LET GO OF DOUG FREE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information