Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont think you can completely write him off. He's been having a solid camp, he's finally healthy. It's tough to really get a good evaluation because, he is a backup. It's not like we've really gotten a chance to see him in real meaningful game action. I'll certainly keep an eye on him during the preseason, you can only gather so much, though. Obviously Flo wont be seeing too much time out there.

So excited that we have a game tomorrow. :) Lets stay injury free, please.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-12-2009, 09:34 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I dont think you can completely write him off. He's been having a solid camp, he's finally healthy. It's tough to really get a good evaluation because, he is a backup. It's not like we've really gotten a chance to see him in real meaningful game action. I'll certainly keep an eye on him during the preseason, you can only gather so much, though. Obviously Flo wont be seeing too much time out there.

So excited that we have a game tomorrow. :) Lets stay injury free, please.
      This just hit reality now. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Here's a chance for Bob to come out before hindsights 20/20.
        I have embarrassed a fair share with my hindsight on a variety of players and personnel moves. A few wrong ones but .....

I said Elam was better than RW SS and was laughed at. I said Austin could be a one and was laughed at. I said Spears could play NT if he bulked and had an attitude adjustment and was laughed at. I said no to Spencer and that trade and was laughed at. I said Hurd ove Crayton b/c both are slot guys and mocked. I said we are better w/o TO and ...... the list is horribly long. I called Montrae a loser pick up. I said our ILB are slow and sucked. I wanted our DB restructured for more speed. Didn't like RW trade. Don't like the TNew contract and think it a problem b/c of injuries and age. Flo contract. So to now mockingly say "hindsight" is really insulting and another case of you fabricating things simply to win an argument.

Now if you ask me about Free, no clue, have yet to see him play. Let us see. The guy I would like on another scheme is Proctor believe it or not. He is just not a road grater. McQuistan will play somewhere but again not a Houck type guy and not a Guard either IMHO.

Point being, let me see a game and I will tell you what they should - and should not do with this cast of characters. Heck, I still remember some fool saying the Cowboys Front Office w/ Jerry was better than the Iggles and Giants. Hey, Jerrah has 3 SB that Jimmy Johnson won him to prove how good he is!! This was the grand sum of their reasoning.

Look, I will never accept Jones is anything more than a good business man who put all his chips of the Cowboys, won big in investment terms and is simply living off the royalties. Great for him!!!!!!!!!!!!

But when he confuses that with knowing how to build a winning football team it simply is insulting to my intelligence and the results over the last dozen or so years proves my point. Jerry is a destroyer of teams.

But if he can pull off an SB with this dumb ass coaching staff .... I may reconsider.
        Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-12-2009, 11:34 PM.

Comment

This just hit reality now. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!
          Have NFL Network?

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
            I have embarrassed a fair share with my hindsight on a variety of players and personnel moves. A few wrong ones but .....

I said Elam was better than RW SS and was laughed at. I said Austin could be a one and was laughed at. I said Spears could play NT if he bulked and had an attitude adjustment and was laughed at. I said no to Spencer and that trade and was laughed at. I said Hurd ove Crayton b/c both are slot guys and mocked. I said we are better w/o TO and ...... the list is horribly long. I called Montrae a loser pick up. I said our ILB are slow and sucked. I wanted our DB restructured for more speed. Didn't like RW trade. Don't like the TNew contract and think it a problem b/c of injuries and age. Flo contract. So to now mockingly say "hindsight" is really insulting and another case of you fabricating things simply to win an argument.

Now if you ask me about Free, no clue, have yet to see him play. Let us see. The guy I would like on another scheme is Proctor believe it or not. He is just not a road grater. McQuistan will play somewhere but again not a Houck type guy and not a Guard either IMHO.

Point being, let me see a game and I will tell you what they should - and should not do with this cast of characters. Heck, I still remember some fool saying the Cowboys Front Office w/ Jerry was better than the Iggles and Giants. Hey, Jerrah has 3 SB that Jimmy Johnson won him to prove how good he is!! This was the grand sum of their reasoning.

Look, I will never accept Jones is anything more than a good business man who put all his chips of the Cowboys, won big in investment terms and is simply living off the royalties. Great for him!!!!!!!!!!!!

But when he confuses that with knowing how to build a winning football team it simply is insulting to my intelligence and the results over the last dozen or so years proves my point. Jerry is a destroyer of teams.

But if he can pull off an SB with this dumb ass coaching staff .... I may reconsider.
            Have you ever considered yourself a jerk off?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Hopefully Williams can play. He hurt his shoulder, nothing serious. Categorized as "sore" but, it may keep him out. I'm real excited to see both as well. Williams has had a fantastic camp as well. Butler has been the more consistent, though. But our coaches really like both guys.
              Is Williams playing inside or outside?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                Is Williams playing inside or outside?
                Jason is playing inside. Brandon is playing outside.

Comment

Jason is playing inside. Brandon is playing outside.
                  Too many Williams...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

New topic: Does anybody still have hope in Doug Free? I don't. But maybe I'm wrong? Tell me what your guys thoughts are.

I can just see Jerry letting him go after this season and then Bob saying... Jerry is an imbecile GM!!! HE LET GO OF DOUG FREE!!!!!
                    I don't have a great deal of hope but I haven't given up on him altogether. This is what, his 3rd year? I remember reading where Bill Parcells said some guys take more time than others to develop, but that they need to show something by the 3rd year. Look at Austin: He finally started to really show something in his 3rd year. Before that he was just a big, fast guy with bad hands.

Comment

• Personal attacks aren't needed guys.

Comment

All you do is ignore the good and hiddeously reach on the bad. Have some balance. You're just an unreasonable hater until you do.
                        D, if you will go back a couple of pages, I have dismanteled his position. So much so that he refused to reply. He's simply not looking at things reasonably.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

New topic: Does anybody still have hope in Doug Free? I don't. But maybe I'm wrong? Tell me what your guys thoughts are.

I can just see Jerry letting him go after this season and then Bob saying... Jerry is an imbecile GM!!! HE LET GO OF DOUG FREE!!!!!

The DMN blogs have said that he has looked quite a bit better than last year. Now, he didn't look good at all last year so I'm not sure how encouraging that is. He certainly will be a guy I'm watching very closely.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• If Bob bothers you guys so much, try putting him on your ignore list. I finally did it myself last night.

Comment

• D, here's an article on that same thing.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...r.36ff381.html

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Player you love most: DaMarcus Ware

Player you can't stand most that starts: Kyle Kosier

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Cory Proctor

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Anthony Spencer

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Sam Hurd

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Terence Newman

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Bobby Carpenter

Breakout guy: Martellus Bennett

"Your guy": Orlando Scandrick

Player who will most improve: Tony Romo

Player who will not improve: Jason Hatcher

Player who will regress most: Marcus Spears

Biggest salary cap burden: Flozell Adams

Biggest salary cap bargain: Orlando Scandrick

Rookie you like most: David Buehler

Rookie you hate most: Robert Brewster

Comment

Working...
                                X