This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    I get the feeling he's warming up towards a ban, always happens after a few months, then we'll get a new poster a few months after and we can start the same process/arguments all over again lol.
    I agree, same old same old. Folks slander me then pat themselves on the back b/c I am the bad guy. Whatever, as your generation says.

But more importantly, we shall see how the team is shaking up. I already made my tired old predictions on another thread which are more positive that the ones most of you have.

Our only real competition I feel will be the Giants if they can get their WR situation figured out and Eli does not go down.

Just think we have too many excellent players hitting their prime and some of the younger pick-ups last few years have a good chance of contributing in key roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      ....While middle linebacker Bradie James made noise about not making the Pro Bowl because of his sack total, he wasn’t particularly effective against the running game or in pass coverage; in fact, James’ most memorable moment in 2008 was being pancaked by Lorenzo Neal on the 82-yard touchdown run that turned the lights out at Texas Stadium. He was, however, better than Zach Thomas, who simply didn’t adapt well to Wade Phillips’ 3-4 scheme and had a season full of false steps and second guesses.....
      ROTFLMAO. Not that is wasn't predicted or anything by a few folks.

Comment

• [QUOTE=D-Unit;1754605]
        Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
        I didn't hate the Scandrick pick... I thought he was great value in the 5th. When we got him, I thought it was a steal. I just didn't like the hype he was getting which was as high as a 2nd rounder at one point.
        Seems like I remember you saying he got lit up at Hawii and you didnt like the pick. In fact I thought you later admitted being wrong about him??

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• [QUOTE=pocketaces;1754771]
          Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

Seems like I remember you saying he got lit up at Hawii and you didnt like the pick. In fact I thought you later admitted being wrong about him??
          I think you're talking about Marcus McCauley, the Fresno St. CB. Or the Boise St DB that Detroit took recently... name escapes me at the moment.

However, I do remember something to that effect. I don't think I said it was a bad pick though. I always thought that was a high upside pick in the 5th.

When I have time, I'll try to dig up the draft day thread at the time.

But really, I don't really think that would define "my guy" on this team. I just chose him cause he represents the WAC and is one of my new favorite guys on the team... he's not a starter, and I'm heavily pulling for him to succeed. If it was choosing someone predraft who you wanted this team to take from the start, I don't even think MOTH could claim Hurd as "his guy". ;)

I really wanted Mike Jenkins badly though and was super SUPER stoked when we landed him. Never thought we even had a chance.

Comment

• Guys, I'm still wondering what time the pre game coverage starts for our game, can't find that info anywhere.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Guys, I'm still wondering what time the pre game coverage starts for our game, can't find that info anywhere.
              Game starts at 10PM EST.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Game starts at 10PM EST.
                Thanks, guess I can catch some of the Steeler/Cards game before then.

Comment

• If anyone wants to get some +rep, feel free to post some game reviews for those of us (me) who can't see the game where they're at.

Comment

• Hurd's always been my guy but, if he wouldn't count by your definition, I could certainly subsititute Felix Jones or Mike Jenkins since they were "my guys" before we drafted them. Seriously, I've never been happier w/ a draft. I was pimping those two forever, couldnt get any more ideal than that for me last year in the 1st.

Too many guys were hating on Felix last year. Those arguments were fun. :/ haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      If anyone wants to get some +rep, feel free to post some game reviews for those of us (me) who can't see the game where they're at.
                      Do you have NFL Network? They're replaying it at 2:00 am ET and tomorrow at 12 Noon ET.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I was big on the Chris Johnson/Antoine Cason train. But this was when Jenkins was projected in the top 15 and I wasn't buying the Felix hype. Oops.

Either way, Cason and CJ aren't bad players themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          Do you have NFL Network? They're replaying it at 2:00 am ET and tomorrow at 12 Noon ET.
                          Of course not! I refuse to pay extra beyond my basic cable package w/ Comcast. It makes no sense that going from Austin, Texas to northern Utah my Cowboys options are pretty much the same. Either catch them on national games or the NFL Network... Austin would have caught a few more regular season games, but that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            I was big on the Chris Johnson/Antoine Cason train. But this was when Jenkins was projected in the top 15 and I wasn't buying the Felix hype. Oops.

Count me as someone who thought that Felix was all hype. Whoops. Happy to be wrong though.

Comment

• a) I know I've been gone for awhile but...how did Rob get 10,000 rep points? WTF?

b) There are sites where you can watch tonight's game online.

c) How the hell has everyone been?

Damn, that feeling is in the air, huh? Must be football season.
                              Originally posted by 21ST
                              He was protecting his self
                              Originally posted by tjsunstein
                              From what? His leg?
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                I was big on the Chris Johnson/Antoine Cason train. But this was when Jenkins was projected in the top 15 and I wasn't buying the Felix hype. Oops.

Alot of the guys we wanted ended up good players.

Besides Cason and CJ who we were wanting, Brandon Flowers has been damn good, and ironically Mendenhall hasn't been so hot who people beat up Jerry for passing, I've honestly yet to see Mendy look good even in limited action.

Anyway, Vick to Philly, ugh.

Does the NFC East have to get everyone? :(

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information