Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I usually like to give a game, especially a Preseason one, a little bit to marinate before reflecting on it in forum form. I knew the first game would have some issues, but I didn't think it would be that bad. Of course it's the first Preseason game with a good amount of rookies and second to third year guys getting serious playing time. Here's what I thought:

    Running Offense: Looked pretty good. Barber, Felix, and Tashard looked good. We knew that well before last night, so not a surprise there. Lattimore looked really good when he got time. I liked Coleman since college, and I never really payed much attention to Lattimore. After last night, I would love him as a 3rd guy. Of course there's no way with Tashard on board, so I think he's a practice squad guy or he's somewhere else. Either way, it's nice to have him just in case something happens. The line didn't look bad at all. The thing I'm betting about the line is that they will get better the more they block. I can see them wearing defenses down as the game goes along.

    Passing O: Looked on point. The line looked really good protection wise. Even the second team. I don't see how they're getting criticized. They really gave Kitna and McGee decent time outside of a few plays. They looked better than I thought, and it's something that should be praised. If I was rating them on a letter scale, they'd get an A for giving Romo, Kitna, and McGee consistently 4 seconds to read the field. Kitna had a few off throws, but nothing to concern me. McGee looked raw, but he didn't do anything really stupid. They kept him on a good leash to prevent him from doing too bad. I saw some good potential from him. He'll get out of that running 20 yards backwards mode in time. lol Hurd looked awesome, and I'm glad he's getting some shine. To be honest I've always liked him over Austin. Not to knock Miles, because he offers something good, but Hurd seems like he can be a better long term prospect. While Miles is a hot weapon that opens things up, Hurd gives you more for your bucks.

    Run D: The first team didn't have any problems. They didn't have much time though. The second team really got gashed. Too many guys out of position, and too many guys with their heads spinning. Butler, Williams, and Rogers looked really confused, and Carp didn't help much. Siavii didn't relaly look like he got bullied when I pay attention to him. I did see him make a really good hustle play. He slanted to the opposite side of the play, but still caught up to the runner(Hitchens I believe) about 15 yards downfield. The 2nd team needs alot of work, but I expected that. Bowen still impressed me though. I love his hustle, and I think he usurps Hatcher. Hatcher was invisible last night.

    Pass D: The pass rush looked like it could have some real promise, and it hurt that Newman and Jenkins were out. I saw some plays that could've been sacks if Ball and Brown hadn't gotten beat so quick. Butler has some nice athleticism, but he's still raw. I think by the end of this year he'll be a real contributor. I see alot in him. He just needs in game experience. He's got some good natural pss rush ability. Spencer actually looked good. His coverage surprised me, and I'm excited about him getting his chance. Ball didn't look too good early, but he didn't blow things too badly after awhile. Mickens looked way in over his head, but he showed some decent skills on a couple of plays. Brown......yeah he should go. He got abused all night long like he was a Lionel Richie song. He's got good speed and size, but you can find that anywhere. I would rather them ick up a veteran before giving Brown any sort of time. I've seen enough from him these past two seasons.



    Rookies:
    -Williams has some serious athleticism. I see why they took the guy. He is incredibly raw, but if he ever learns the game properly he'll be a Pro Bowler for sure. There aren't many linebackers in the game with his speed and quickness. He's a rare athlete for sure.

    -Butler had good push rushing skills, but needs work like expected on defending the run.

    -McGee did alright. He can turn into a real good backup for the future. We knew he had good quickness, but he did a good job of not getting flustered.

    -I didn't pay much attention to DeAngelo Smith unfortunately.

    -Same thing with Mike Hamlin.

    -Phillips looks like a good find for the third TE spot. Showed some decent blocking, and didn't get overwhelmed.

    -Mickens looked bad, but showed some hope. He's not a lost cause like Brown.

    -Manny Johnson almost had a TD, but McGee overthrew him when he was wide open.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

    Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
      Welcome to year 4... Really though, if you and everybody else put him on ignore like D, LL, Me and others, maybe he will just go away. If not then who cares cuz nobody will be reading the trash anyway....atleast until he makes another alias to tell him how right/smart he is and believe me he has pulled that stunt as well.:roll:
      Since you joined in 2006, is rob really the worst guy you've seen here? Is rob really the worst poster here? From my point of view, he's just newkwhy 2.0. He has different viewpoints, but neither were popular. But honestly, he's toned down the personal attacks in the past few months that I've been actively lurking. The reason I enjoy having him here (even when I disagree) is that there is no other place to hear an opinion (on the Cowboys) like his. Not on sports talk radio/TV, not from informed friends, and definitely not 99% of the posters here can you actually find a fresh opinion. So I guess I'm just saying that I appreciate diversity. There is nothing fun or interesting than a bunch of Cowboys fans sitting around yanking eachother's puds and saying how great we all are. That's especially crazy given that we are 100% in the midst of a decline/fall. Look at the season records, and look at the trophy case. Rob is at least trying to explore why.

      Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      We've been around this before. It appears the pick is not going to work out, but you're attitude assumes that no team ever fails on their picks either. Dallas' 4th rounder didn't work out! OMG, they suck! BTW, this was during Big Bill's tenure.

      Moore was a loss. I remember it being reported when they did it that they really regretted having to do it because they liked him. In hindsight, they should have kept 3 QBs.

      Dude, your logic is flawed somewhat. With a 3-4, you are always going to draft LBers. Every year. I've addressed Carp earlier; that one's on Big Bill.

      Again, Brewster was a reach, but you're approach assumes that no team in the league ever reaches on a player. You're not seeing the forest for the trees.
      Substitute that info for Giants info, and you'd call that guy a homer.

      Comment


      • People bash the Cowboys and JJ all the time, I dont know what makes Rob any different. We have a healthy diverse, opinionated round table with or without him. To say we all agree all the time is false. I would certainly know this first hand. lol. This isnt a shot at Rob but, it's not like we have needed him for us all to disagree on different things or conjure up something new. Most of the time, it's just the same old, same old. This isnt like a typical cowboy forum, where everyone thinks so and so is the greatest player in the league or just a constant homer fest. There is a reason I choose not to post on such sites.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          People bash the Cowboys and JJ all the time, I dont know what makes Rob any different. We have a healthy diverse, opinionated round table with or without him. To say we all agree all the time is false. I would certainly know this first hand. lol. This isnt a shot at Rob but, it's not like we have needed him for us all to disagree on different things or conjure up something new. Most of the time, it's just the same old, same old. This isnt like a typical cowboy forum, where everyone thinks so and so is the greatest player in the league or just a constant homer fest. There is a reason I choose not to post on such sites.
          This is exactly right. What makes Rob different is he wants to tell everybody how right he is and how stupid everybody else is. As many people have pointed out, he seems to want some sort of internet cred and if he doesnt get it he comes on here to tell everybody "I told you so". He repeats the same stuff over and over and over again and its always about how stupid Jerrah is. Jerry gets no credit for any of the good players and all the blame for all of the ones that havent worked out. It is just OLD. And yes he is BY FAR the most annoying poster to ever post on here. Believe me when I say this isnt just my opinion. People PM me all the time about his annoying posts. Ward you are the only one I have ever heard say you enjoy his posts, unless of course your counting one of his many alias's that come on here to tell him how right he is. Ask around if you dont believe me. There is a reason hes been Banned so many times.




          The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ward View Post
            Since you joined in 2006, is rob really the worst guy you've seen here? Is rob really the worst poster here? From my point of view, he's just newkwhy 2.0. He has different viewpoints, but neither were popular. But honestly, he's toned down the personal attacks in the past few months that I've been actively lurking. The reason I enjoy having him here (even when I disagree) is that there is no other place to hear an opinion (on the Cowboys) like his. Not on sports talk radio/TV, not from informed friends, and definitely not 99% of the posters here can you actually find a fresh opinion. So I guess I'm just saying that I appreciate diversity. There is nothing fun or interesting than a bunch of Cowboys fans sitting around yanking eachother's puds and saying how great we all are. That's especially crazy given that we are 100% in the midst of a decline/fall. Look at the season records, and look at the trophy case. Rob is at least trying to explore why.



            Substitute that info for Giants info, and you'd call that guy a homer.
            You know me. I love versatility. I even take bad sides for the fun of debate. I even tried defending Roy, knowing it was a challenging position. To this day, I still think I brought just points to the table as reasons why he would be on the field...which is different from me saying he needed to be on the field, but some people then try to claim that I was some sort of Roy lover and then use that as ammunition to puff themselves up. When in fact, he was going to play no matter what because 1) you don't see teams benching a guy making that much. 2) he had ZERO trade value. 3) he would've been a huge cap penalty if we cut him. 4) the coaching staff was visibily making their best effort to hide his flaws (taking him out of plays) or make him better (motivating him to lose weight). 5) you don't see teams benching their Pro Bowlers. 6) I could go on and on, but this is off tangent.

            The problem that I have with Bob is that he will not look at both sides of the coin. He won't be honest in his judgements, because in his mind he is already preset and predetermined to look for blame. You can't argue with him because he will always go back to "we haven't won the SB" argument, but he puts a timeline on how far back he'll look. ...and every good that's done, is done by someone other than Jerry. Forget that Jerry hired these guys. Nooooooo..... rather focus on the fact that he drove them out. Which still holds no water in my eyes because neither Jimmy or Bill have accomplished anything since leaving. So all it is is one continual circle of repeating the same things over and over... he won't acknowledge a good point when brought up to him. You can't have a healthy conversation like that.

            The last thing this forum is is a bunch of Cowboys homers puffing smoke up each others' asses. I mean, outside of MOTH who loves every single Cowboys player. haha. Had to Moth! ;) I think this place is fine without someone who only cares about criticizing stuff with perfect hindsight vision and trying to tell us "I told you so" when those points are already known facts.

            I mean, the guy REALLY thinks that he was the first to tell us Roy Williams had coverage issues. He really does!

            He really wants to make it clear to us that Marcus Spears is a good NT. Like WTF?

            He really wants to be reminded every day how great he is because he was right about TO not being good for the team. Forget that we had some very good seasons with him. Even an NFC East Championship. As a fan, if you can't be satisfied with progression, then you set yourself up for waking every morning in a bad mood. It's good to have SB aspirations, but it's unrealistic to expect it every year.

            He really wants to make it clear that nothing Jerry does is ever or will ever be good. That's not versatility. That's a one sided, tunnel vision, turn the other cheek and not listen, type of approach.

            Bottom line... It's all about him and his hatred for the Jerry's Cowboys.

            If we all gloated about how many right points we've had in our time here, do you realize how wacky this forum would be?

            The reason why this forum is a good place to come is because the people who have healthy discussions here respect each other even when we disagree (which happens a lot). If you don't have the group's respect then you might as well find somewhere else to post.

            I've enjoyed conversation with Bob from time to time, to the point where I don't mind that he's around anymore. I respect your wishes and I know that as long as you want to have him here, that he'll be here. But I have him on ignore (first person to ever do that to). What would be nice though is that if you're going to keep him here, that you also add to his discussions. Cause I don't see you posting anything. I guess you're reading it. I believe you are. But if his posts are so enlightening, jump in the conversation. Even if it's to say you agree or disagree. I see him hanging to his defense by himself mostly. Honestly, it would be a better forum if you chimed in more.

            ...and no he's not kwhy. Kwhy talked about the football aspect of it all and didn't care to seek self pride in between his Parcells bashing. Funny... kwhy loved Jerry and hated BP. Bob is the opposite.
            Last edited by D-Unit; 08-14-2009, 09:26 PM.

            Comment


            • pocketaces doesn't like him because rob used to call him names! Dang! Block whoever you want, I was just questioning your true motivation. My larger point is, all you guys do whenever this guy gets you in an argument (which he has, to most of you on several occasions) all you can do is go "WELL THERE'S CRAZY ROB AGAIN BEING SO CRAZY!! MAN THAT GUY JUST DOESN'T GET IT!" and then you backslap each other while posts like the one I quoted go by without getting destroyed. Yeah, you guys are about as diverse as Republicans and Democrats. If you're looking with a microscope, you can really tell the difference! FWIW, rob wasn't the last guy (or the only guy) to throw out an insult most recently.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                This is exactly right. What makes Rob different is he wants to tell everybody how right he is and how stupid everybody else is.... As many people have pointed out, he seems to want some sort of internet cred...And yes he is BY FAR the most annoying poster to ever post on here. Believe me when I say this isnt just my opinion. People PM me all the time about his annoying posts. Ward you are the only one I have ever heard say you enjoy his posts, unless of course your counting one of his many alias's that come on here to tell him how right he is. Ask around if you dont believe me. There is a reason hes been Banned so many times.
                1) Says the guy with personal attack infractions to his name.
                2) E-cred, for better or worse, is real. This forum has a HOF. What is your point?
                3) I disagree that he's the most annoying poster here. Even if your buddies PM eachother really tersely worded screeds about how stupid/mean/whatever Rob is, that doesn't make it a "fact".
                4) The reasons he has been banned are irrelevant because he's here now. If you feel the admins have mishandled the situation: scott@draftcountdown.com .
                Or feel free to PM us for an explanation so that we can explain our (divine) perspective! Until then, you've got no room to talk when it comes to how we handle disciplinary actions.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  People bash the Cowboys and JJ all the time, I dont know what makes Rob any different. We have a healthy diverse, opinionated round table with or without him. To say we all agree all the time is false. I would certainly know this first hand. lol. This isnt a shot at Rob but, it's not like we have needed him for us all to disagree on different things or conjure up something new. Most of the time, it's just the same old, same old. This isnt like a typical cowboy forum, where everyone thinks so and so is the greatest player in the league or just a constant homer fest. There is a reason I choose not to post on such sites.
                  Do you see how odd it is that immediately after this post, it's followed by, "This is exactly right." by another poster involved in what I'm accusing you all of?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ward View Post
                    pocketaces doesn't like him because rob used to call him names! Dang! Block whoever you want, I was just questioning your true motivation. My larger point is, all you guys do whenever this guy gets you in an argument (which he has, to most of you on several occasions) all you can do is go "WELL THERE'S CRAZY ROB AGAIN BEING SO CRAZY!! MAN THAT GUY JUST DOESN'T GET IT!" and then you backslap each other while posts like the one I quoted go by without getting destroyed. Yeah, you guys are about as diverse as Republicans and Democrats. If you're looking with a microscope, you can really tell the difference! FWIW, rob wasn't the last guy (or the only guy) to throw out an insult most recently.
                    WOW...I guess you havent read what everybody on here has to say about Rob/Bob or whoever. Name calling and insults arent even being discussed. D is one of the best, if not best, posters on this forum and if even he has placed a first time ignore on someone there has to be a good reason why. Oh well your "The man" and what you say goes, so as long as you keep him off the banned list I guess we will just have to deal with it. I guess 99.0% of the posters on here cant be right can they???




                    The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      1) Says the guy with personal attack infractions to his name.
                      2) E-cred, for better or worse, is real. This forum has a HOF. What is your point?
                      3) I disagree that he's the most annoying poster here. Even if your buddies PM eachother really tersely worded screeds about how stupid/mean/whatever Rob is, that doesn't make it a "fact".
                      4) The reasons he has been banned are irrelevant because he's here now. If you feel the admins have mishandled the situation: scott@draftcountdown.com .
                      Or feel free to PM us for an explanation so that we can explain our (divine) perspective! Until then, you've got no room to talk when it comes to how we handle disciplinary actions.
                      1) Yes I've had a few infractions and once I even got banned for a week. Know what I did? I sat out my week and learned my lesson. Know what I didn't do? Create a new name and go back and tell everybody how stupid they were again and again.
                      2) If you say so.
                      3) It's a fact to us, even if YOU disagree.
                      4) Why have a ban then? I might be wrong but I thought you could only have one account on here, not multiple. If you want to explain your "divine" perspective, feel free. I'm sure most would love to hear.
                      Last edited by pocketaces; 08-14-2009, 10:45 PM.




                      The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                      Comment


                      • D-Unit, I do give credit when I feel it is due. I have also made a few positive comments above Mr Jerry Jones. But overall, I just don't see it and I do see deterioration once again with a future that looks darker, not brighter. And yes, there are massive pile on tendencies here which really is disappointing.

                        Ward, thanks. I actually don't think my posts are silly. I do think some are wrong but also many are dead on. I also really believe people don't here have poor reading comprehension skills. They do read, they unfortunately mis-interpret, assume something else, then pounce on the false assumption. It is fun when it is someone "you don't like." It actually does really bother me.

                        Burns, you and I disagree but you try seeing it both ways. Rispet. I am sure we will be chuckling about stuff as the season goes on.

                        Outta here for a few weeks. Ya'll got ur club and I don't want ya'll bickering. Enjoy Pre-Season and to a few of you best wishes at School. Cheers.
                        Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-14-2009, 11:46 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Ok.. I know you're all focused on preaseason.. I don't care about preseason mostly because I can't watch it :)
                          anyway, I need some suggestions.. I'm going to NY in september and so I don't have a ton of money left... My ONLY chance to watch the NFL live is subscribing with NFL Game Pass which costs me around 170 euros... the good is that I can see every game and rewatch it everytime I want.. So should I spend another 170 euros or listen to the game audios live (which costs around 30 euros) and watch the game a few days later?


                          In Bob We Trust

                          John Madden's wedding video business

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                            Ok.. I know you're all focused on preaseason.. I don't care about preseason mostly because I can't watch it :)
                            anyway, I need some suggestions.. I'm going to NY in september and so I don't have a ton of money left... My ONLY chance to watch the NFL live is subscribing with NFL Game Pass which costs me around 170 euros... the good is that I can see every game and rewatch it everytime I want.. So should I spend another 170 euros or listen to the game audios live (which costs around 30 euros) and watch the game a few days later?
                            Will you have internet access? All the games can be found online now days.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              The reason I enjoy having him here (even when I disagree) is that there is no other place to hear an opinion (on the Cowboys) like his. Not on sports talk radio/TV, not from informed friends, and definitely not 99% of the posters here can you actually find a fresh opinion.
                              Really??? I don't think it's that hard to look around on the internet for Jerry bashers, how is that a fresh opinion?


                              Fresh opinion is probably the exact opposite of him. I bet we could pull up post from 3 years ago and he would be arguing the exact same points as he is doing now. Besides that, at what point does the guy who always wants to scream from a mountain top at the top of his lungs I WAS RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG HAHAHAHAHAHA COWBOY FANNIES!!111!!!


                              That's not intelligent discussion, everytime someone quotes him I only hear him still trashing Jerry every chance he gets, or listing how many things he was right about before. Hey congratulations Bob, you got some things/predictions right, so that makes him more credible to run this team then Jerry Jones. Nevermind how he was ripping us a new one for not drafting Sidney Rice and how he would help us out so much in the red zone, there are alot more instances like that I can't think of now.


                              I give him a chance everytime he makes a new name after getting banned again, I'll try and listen to him, respond and have a normal conversation, then it always resorts to the same ol with him, hardly a fresh opinion to me. He doesn't bother me anymore because I ignore him, so I really don't care if he's here or not, but it's like every 2 days we have to hear about how Jerry is the worst thing to happen to Dallas and Parcells was the best etc etc, then Roy Williams the Safety gets brought up, and so does Spears at NT, and the same old spill. I can't figure out if he's more like a spoiled 12 year old, or an angry 55 year old man, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have no interest in hearing the same arguments and the "I told you guys" crap from someone over and over.


                              Honestly I think he comes around more to just purposely try and poke and prod and piss people off more so then talk football. He doesn't have to be a homer, there are plenty of fans who see negative aspects mostly and that's cool, but I've never heard anything "fresh" from him probably ever.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Really??? I don't think it's that hard to look around on the internet for Jerry bashers, how is that a fresh opinion?


                                Fresh opinion is probably the exact opposite of him. I bet we could pull up post from 3 years ago and he would be arguing the exact same points as he is doing now. Besides that, at what point does the guy who always wants to scream from a mountain top at the top of his lungs I WAS RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG HAHAHAHAHAHA COWBOY FANNIES!!111!!!





                                I give him a chance everytime he makes a new name after getting banned again, I'll try and listen to him, respond and have a normal conversation, then it always resorts to the same ol with him, hardly a fresh opinion to me. He doesn't bother me anymore because I ignore him, so I really don't care if he's here or not, but it's like every 2 days we have to hear about how Jerry is the worst thing to happen to Dallas and Parcells was the best etc etc, then Roy Williams the Safety gets brought up, and so does Spears at NT, and the same old spill.
                                Can we blame him when the team has failed to address the same major problems and issues for the last 3 years? That should be a red flag to you. How can Rob keep bringing up the same problems for so long? Because they NEVER get fixed.

                                It's hard when you look at the rebuilding effort and success under non-puppets like Jimmy and Bill and then you look at the success of the team when Jerry has weak-minded coaches

                                Im honestly tired of sticking up for this team, what have they given us? No playoffs victories in 12 years? Is that a ******* joke? There isn't a whole lot to be excited about.

                                What a lot of people on here fail to notice is that they get tricked into have super bowl aspirations every year even though we haven't won a playoff game in 12.

                                I think it's time for all Cowboy fans to start taking the "Ill believe it when I see it approach" instead of riding this hype wave that inevitably ends in a let down year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year. Yep that's 12 of them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information