Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    its almost sad in a way (for everyone except Dallas fans of course) that Bennett is sitting behind Witten and in a way, being held back because the team he's on already has a PB TE.

    Put Bennett on a team that could use a starting TE, and he'd destroy it.
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Please don't bring up the bad D-line depth.

    *continues evil laugh*
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

    Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

    Comment


    • Patty Crayton got to skip out on the last day of training camp because, his wife gave birth to a baby boy. I'm sure that's going to be one loud mouth kid. haha. Congrats to Patty.

      And on a related note...hooray that camp is over and we came out of it clean, with no major injuries. Great news.

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        its almost sad in a way (for everyone except Dallas fans of course) that Bennett is sitting behind Witten and in a way, being held back because the team he's on already has a PB TE.

        Put Bennett on a team that could use a starting TE, and he'd destroy it.
        True.

        One thing that most folks outside of Dallas may not realize (and this won't help with FF) is that Tellus was a dominating blocker in college, entered the league as an above average blocker as a rookie. He's going to make a huge impact this year not only with his athleticism, but with his blocking as well.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


        -Douglas MacArthur

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
          True.

          One thing that most folks outside of Dallas may not realize (and this won't help with FF) is that Tellus was a dominating blocker in college, entered the league as an above average blocker as a rookie. He's going to make a huge impact this year not only with his athleticism, but with his blocking as well.
          He'll be a star as long as he can keep his head on straight. The guy has all the talent in the world.

          Originally posted by E-Man View Post
          MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


          Please don't bring up the bad D-line depth.

          *continues evil laugh*
          haha! :p

          Comment


          • So I did a little research on something I mentioned a couple of days ago. It turns out that the Cowboys will face 10 new defensive coordinators this season. The first five games are against teams with new coordinators as a matter of fact. All of these coordinators aren't wet behind the ears. There's some good experience in these new coordinators like Capers, Meeks, Pendergrast, etc. But this has to help out Garrett, who many feel is the Achilles heel of the Dallas offense. This doesn't mean taht they'll have games against some easy defenses, but it gives an advantage that can be taken care of. While the players on these teams are getting used to the new defenses, pretty much all of the Cowboys have experience in the same offense for multiple seasons. Garrett should really be thinking about this.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

            Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

            Comment


            • I'm not even looking that far ahead right now. It's all about Tampa. And for real, we better win that game. Antonio Bryant is going to miss the entire preseason and may be a no go for week 1, Tanard Jackson will be suspended for that game, and they have some big time QB issues, regardless of who gets the nod. There is no reason we shouldnt walk all over that team.

              Not to mention that they have an entirely new coaching staff and Talib just got arrested so a suspension may be looming as well.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                I'm not even looking that far ahead right now. It's all about Tampa. And for real, we better win that game. Antonio Bryant is going to miss the entire preseason and may be a no go for week 1, Tanard Jackson will be suspended for that game, and they have some big time QB issues, regardless of who gets the nod. There is no reason we shouldnt walk all over that team.

                Not to mention that they have an entirely new coaching staff and Talib just got arrested so a suspension may be looming as well.
                I am really looking forward to seeing you guys play. I can't wait to see what you guys do with Jones. I know couple of potential plays we ran with Coach Garrett at his coaching clinic. I know you guys have it installed and looking forward to see it ran with Jones. It worked like a charm when we ran it with HS kids. With Jones it will be sick to see!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                  So I did a little research on something I mentioned a couple of days ago. It turns out that the Cowboys will face 10 new defensive coordinators this season. The first five games are against teams with new coordinators as a matter of fact. All of these coordinators aren't wet behind the ears. There's some good experience in these new coordinators like Capers, Meeks, Pendergrast, etc. But this has to help out Garrett, who many feel is the Achilles heel of the Dallas offense. This doesn't mean taht they'll have games against some easy defenses, but it gives an advantage that can be taken care of. While the players on these teams are getting used to the new defenses, pretty much all of the Cowboys have experience in the same offense for multiple seasons. Garrett should really be thinking about this.
                  I think this is a very valid point.

                  I think this is something that is being taken for granted in NY and Philly.

                  I think it will probably affect NY the least due to the talent level, but I still think there will be, at the very least, an adjustment. Spagnolou is a very good DC. Sheridan certainly has the pedigree, but I think we all agree, being a good DC or OC has an intangible element that you can't guage until he bullets start flying. I think Philly could really struggle at times because not only Johnson is gone, but Dawkins was very important to that defense. They've also lost their MLB and will start a 2nd year 7th rounder from S. Dakota.

                  I'm not saying they won't be good, but I do think there will be an adjustment; Philly's greater than NY.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                  -Douglas MacArthur

                  Comment


                  • Does anyone else think Tashard Choice is the best option for us as the starting RB? I haven't seen anybody else mention it, but I've been thinking about it and at first I thought Felix should start. Then I stopped because I really like the way Felix came into games last season with fresh legs that gave him that energy for explosion. He's never been a starting RB since HS. He's great at making an impact every time he touches the ball. He's not one of those RBs that needs to warm up before finding a rhythm. He can come in and BAM, make something happen. As a starter, I'm not saying he wouldn't work, but I wouldn't want to change the mentality that he has coming into games. Not too mention, he gets too keep his legs for those all important kick returns.

                    MB3 is demolision man. He's great as our closer, but I don't like that closer title because I think that gives the impression that he's just a 4th quarter back. I love him on all of our short yardage situations (but it is good to mix it up with other backs to keep the defense guessing). Heck, I love him on every down.. not just short yardage situations. He's an awesome receiver, blocker and runner... But the idea remains, we preserve his body for times when we need to unleash the beast. I used to think he was tough enough to battle through injuries, but last season wiped those thoughts away. He's very cautious about playing with injury and won't risk it. With the style of play he has, I think it's best to use him situationally. There wasn't a time I loved him more than in 2007 when he and Julius were splitting time and he finished the year with 13 TDs. I want to get him back into that role where staying fresh and aggressive and 13-15 TDs isn't out of the question.

                    So that leaves me to think that Tashard Choice is our best option to be our starting RB. The guy is inspirational. What better way to start games than by giving him the rock? He's a fighter. He hits the hole hard, has great balance and deceptive speed. Loved what he did against Pittsburgh.

                    Tashard is the best "Choice" for starting RB. Who's with me?

                    Comment


                    • I am not with you. Simply put, he's not as good as the other two. I honestly have no idea how many touches he's looking at but, the other two are superior backs and deserve more carries.

                      Personally, I'd love to see us go the Titans route. Start the speed back and change it up w/ the power. I dont like all the talk about how that would make Felix less dangerous...nothing is going to stop the guy. See Chris Johnson or Brian Westbrook out there.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Does anyone else think Tashard Choice is the best option for us as the starting RB? I haven't seen anybody else mention it, but I've been thinking about it and at first I thought Felix should start. Then I stopped because I really like the way Felix came into games last season with fresh legs that gave him that energy for explosion. He's never been a starting RB since HS. He's great at making an impact every time he touches the ball. He's not one of those RBs that needs to warm up before finding a rhythm. He can come in and BAM, make something happen. As a starter, I'm not saying he wouldn't work, but I wouldn't want to change the mentality that he has coming into games. Not too mention, he gets too keep his legs for those all important kick returns.

                        MB3 is demolision man. He's great as our closer, but I don't like that closer title because I think that gives the impression that he's just a 4th quarter back. I love him on all of our short yardage situations (but it is good to mix it up with other backs to keep the defense guessing). Heck, I love him on every down.. not just short yardage situations. He's an awesome receiver, blocker and runner... But the idea remains, we preserve his body for times when we need to unleash the beast. I used to think he was tough enough to battle through injuries, but last season wiped those thoughts away. He's very cautious about playing with injury and won't risk it. With the style of play he has, I think it's best to use him situationally. There wasn't a time I loved him more than in 2007 when he and Julius were splitting time and he finished the year with 13 TDs. I want to get him back into that role where staying fresh and aggressive and 13-15 TDs isn't out of the question.

                        So that leaves me to think that Tashard Choice is our best option to be our starting RB. The guy is inspirational. What better way to start games than by giving him the rock? He's a fighter. He hits the hole hard, has great balance and deceptive speed. Loved what he did against Pittsburgh.

                        Tashard is the best "Choice" for starting RB. Who's with me?
                        I'm kinda with MOTH. I love Tashard, but MBIII and Felix are just better RBs. I think they will try to use Tashard to give those guys 2-3 series off in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but there's just not enough balls to go around, especially when you think about how much more the TEs are going to be used this year.

                        Don't take that as not liking TC. I do very much. In fact, the real thing to look at is that MBIII and Felix are probably not both going to go through the season fully healthy. I'm sure there will be more than a few games that he gets a decent amount of carries.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                        -Douglas MacArthur

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          I am not with you. Simply put, he's not as good as the other two. I honestly have no idea how many touches he's looking at but, the other two are superior backs and deserve more carries.

                          Personally, I'd love to see us go the Titans route. Start the speed back and change it up w/ the power. I dont like all the talk about how that would make Felix less dangerous...nothing is going to stop the guy. See Chris Johnson or Brian Westbrook out there.
                          I don't think that's completely accurate... that "simply put, he's not as good". Barber and Jones are great, don't get me wrong. But they are great(er) as situational backs. We tried Barber as our full time back last year and he broke down. ...and Jones...

                          While I love the mighty chest bumpin' Felix Jones bravado, I have a hard time believing that he's going to have a highlight reel run everytime he touches the ball (especially if you increase his touches). Maybe you're right... that he's the energizer bunny that can't be stopped. I say... don't try to fix what's not broke. The way he was used last year was ideal. Sure, give him more touches, but the idea of him starting doesn't sit well for me at this point. Maybe it will one day if he can prove that he won't lose anything on ST kick returns and big plays in the running game.

                          So Tashard, while not as talented as the other two (I admit that), he allows the other two to perform at their best. ...and let's not kid ourselves about him either. He's a legit workhorse and he won't be here past his rookie contract, as he'll get much more on the open market.

                          Comment


                          • I think using Choice situationally would be better than starting him. It's not a dumb idea, and it could pay dividends, but I'm more of a fan of Barber starting and finishing. Barber is a great closer, no disputing that, but I would love for him to get some steam built up first. I think he should be used to give the defense something to think about, and to bang them up so they will get winded chasing Felix. I love Tashard playing 2-3 series a game to keep both Barber and Felix fresh. He's capable enough to play a major role, and I think he could pay some serious dividends by getting some good carries every game. 5-8 carries per game for Choice seems good to me, but I'd rather those carries come in between the start and finish.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

                            Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              I'm kinda with MOTH. I love Tashard, but MBIII and Felix are just better RBs. I think they will try to use Tashard to give those guys 2-3 series off in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but there's just not enough balls to go around, especially when you think about how much more the TEs are going to be used this year.

                              Don't take that as not liking TC. I do very much. In fact, the real thing to look at is that MBIII and Felix are probably not both going to go through the season fully healthy. I'm sure there will be more than a few games that he gets a decent amount of carries.
                              I'm not following you. Is that the current plan to give TC the ball 2-3 series in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to give the other guys time off?

                              Also, with our 2 TE set offense, I think that only opens things up more for our running game.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                I don't think that's completely accurate... that "simply put, he's not as good". Barber and Jones are great, don't get me wrong. But they are great(er) as situational backs. We tried Barber as our full time back last year and he broke down. ...and Jones...

                                While I love the mighty chest bumpin' Felix Jones bravado, I have a hard time believing that he's going to have a highlight reel run everytime he touches the ball (especially if you increase his touches). Maybe you're right... that he's the energizer bunny that can't be stopped. I say... don't try to fix what's not broke. The way he was used last year was ideal. Sure, give him more touches, but the idea of him starting doesn't sit well for me at this point. Maybe it will one day if he can prove that he won't lose anything on ST kick returns and big plays in the running game.

                                So Tashard, while not as talented as the other two (I admit that), he allows the other two to perform at their best. ...and let's not kid ourselves about him either. He's a legit workhorse and he won't be here past his rookie contract, as he'll get much more on the open market.
                                meh. Dont fix what's not broke? We could be wasting a pro bowl caliber back, in Felix Jones. Last year's situation was not ideal, he was grossly under used, he should have been much more of a factor in the regular offense. Chris Johnson is doing just fine starting for the Titans and I still say Felix is the superior talent and he has the better build to carry the load among the two anyway. I def. think Felix is going to be dangerous, regardless of what kind of role you put him in. I think the world of the guy, if he was to start, I think he can be one of the league's best. For sure. He can do it all. I also wouldnt call Barber and Jones just situational guys. They're actually both very complete backs. Inside/outside/receiving, factor in Barber's blocking.

                                As was said, there isnt enough balls to go around and the ball should be going to your best players. You cant realistically split up the carries equally between three backs...especially on a team that will pass a lot still. Choice is going to be the odd man out, as long as the other two are healthy. He'll get in there but, I dont see how we can get him that many touches.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information