Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot to mention-I think the ticket will be free. If it is, I have no intentions of charging anyone for it. I would rather give the ticket to a real fan that would appreciate going to the game than make a few bucks off someone that is somewhat interested. All I got from my friend is a text message, so I don't know much right now. I will know more about the ticket in the morning. But by then, I will probably know whether or not I will go.
    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
      I would have a good time with those girls, too!!!!! BTW, was that Lance Bass in the last picture???? Hmmmmmm.

I have been busy lately, and have not been able to post. My wife was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I have been busy with that, so I have not been able to post here. I have really missed the discussions.

I had surgery on Wednesday, and still dont feel good. A friend from work called today and told me that he had an extra ticket to the 2nd preseason game (Tennesseee). I am not sure if I will be able to go. I want to go real bad but if I don't feel up to it, would any of you want to go in my place???? If so, just send me a private message. I have no idea how good the seat would be. I assume it will not be a great seat, but you never know. And it might be a single seat, so you might be sitting by yourself.

I intend on going, but I am not sure how I will feel when I wake up. I am still on a lot of medication. Once I wake up, I will ask him where it is.

And on the starting running back statement, Barber would be my starter. Felix is my change of pace guy. Tashard is a wonderful backup, but I would not start him, either.
      Hey HH!
      Good to see you posting. First and foremost, I hope everything turns out ok for you and your family. Sounds like you guys are dealing with a lot. May God Bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
        I would have a good time with those girls, too!!!!! BTW, was that Lance Bass in the last picture???? Hmmmmmm.

I have been busy lately, and have not been able to post. My wife was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I have been busy with that, so I have not been able to post here. I have really missed the discussions.

I had surgery on Wednesday, and still dont feel good. A friend from work called today and told me that he had an extra ticket to the 2nd preseason game (Tennesseee). I am not sure if I will be able to go. I want to go real bad but if I don't feel up to it, would any of you want to go in my place???? If so, just send me a private message. I have no idea how good the seat would be. I assume it will not be a great seat, but you never know. And it might be a single seat, so you might be sitting by yourself.

I intend on going, but I am not sure how I will feel when I wake up. I am still on a lot of medication. Once I wake up, I will ask him where it is.

And on the starting running back statement, Barber would be my starter. Felix is my change of pace guy. Tashard is a wonderful backup, but I would not start him, either.
        G'luck with that.

Comment

• I
          think it will probably affect NY the least due to the talent level, but I still think there will be, at the very least, an adjustment. Spagnolou is a very good DC.
          NY will require the least adjustments, true. By adding Canty to their rotation & with a healthy Osi Umenyiora back they easily have the best d-line in the league.

Comment

• The Eagles are reportedly close to signing TE Tony Curtis who played for the Cowboys last year. Any information on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              The Eagles are reportedly close to signing TE Tony Curtis who played for the Cowboys last year. Any information on him?
              I think you'll be happy with him considering what you currently got. He's got good hands. He was a back up for us for a few years. Nice end zone target.

Comment

• As far as the RB situation/rotation, not only is it hard to get 3 backs involved in a game when the top 2 are healthy, but BBD made a good point in how Bradshaw was the odd man out even though he was very talented.

What you have to remember is Jason Garrett is our offensive coordinator, he's going to pass the ball no matter how much we think we should pound it. We may run it more, but unless our offense turns into the Ravens or the Steelers all 3 guys won't get the touches we want.

Last year I can remember instances where Felix didn't get the ball enough, and some weeks Barber didn't even get the ball enough and he was the starter, this was when we were only using 2 guys. Adding Choice in, I don't see how Garrett would mix that up.

I'd rather MBIII start, Felix spells him quite a bit in all kinds of situations getting his 15 touches at least, then let Choice take over a few series a game where we see fit. Those series Felix would still come in and spell Choice as usual, but those few series rest up Barber for late in the games.

I think it we would be very lucky to have all 3 backs healthy by November so it'll sort itself out by default honestly, but I don't trust Jason Garrett to involve 3 backs with the type of offense he wants to run. I just hope Choice can get at least a few series mixed in because it'll only help everyone out.

What Choice did last year was amazing, he didn't have anyone to spell him those games, or give him a breather, he did it all on his own vs the best D's in the league. But he'll still be the odd man out until injury strikes someone or hobbles someone, he'll get his shot pretty soon though once Barber shows he's not the same back anymore.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Brandon Williams out for season with torn ACL

Comment

• Yup, I was going to say yesterday that Octavien may have snuck onto the roster anyway. Now it's really looking great for him. Octavien seems to be one of Wade's guys, he's probably passed Rogers. Sucks for Brandon. ugh. OLB depth is pretty scary at the moment. The talent is more unproven than bad but, still. Hopefully Vic can start making some plays.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-22-2009, 04:46 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      As far as the RB situation/rotation, not only is it hard to get 3 backs involved in a game when the top 2 are healthy, but BBD made a good point in how Bradshaw was the odd man out even though he was very talented.
                      For me personally, I don't see a problem. But then I don't see this so-called three-headed monster, and I know that's in conflict because I've been told that Dallas consistently talks about getting Choice involved.

For me it can't be anymore simple, it's the Marion Barber and Felix Jones show all the way. Two-headed monster, period.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Tashard Choice. Thought he was excellent value for a 4th round pick the moment they drafted him, I liked him in college. But the only thing he is right now imo is quality depth. If one of those two playmakers goes down to injury, then Choice steps in.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• It sucks about Williams going down for the year. OLB depth is getting a little thin. Spencer has had some injury problems before, so you really don't want him to go down for an extended time. Of course we knew this before Williams going down, but his injury just highlights it. For what it's worth I think Butler is looking good enough to backup so far, but he's still too green to see significant time besides special teams.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• All the talk about getting choice involved is stupid. He's not as good of a power runner as MBIII and he's not as fast as Felix.

People want to get him touches just because they like the guy.

Ill be happy if he is never in the game, I would hope MBIII and Felix can get the job done without him.

Just let him get garbage carries in blow out games.

Comment

• Here is what I saw ....

1. The Offense I saw last night is exactly what we need to win late in the season -- producing first downs wins games.

2. Really liked the way we are spreading the ball around and running it -- even if we don't score the TOP makes a big difference end of the game with our OL and MBIII

3. Felix should start and MBIII should come in later. Felix seems to have gotten bigger and I would be very interested in seeing him get 20 carries a game.

4. Romo looks better and playing to his strengths but we need to see how this changes v Blitz happy teams.

5. Williams #58 looked pretty good blitzing, other stuff ehh.

6. Carp seems to have a role at last.

7. #67 (DT), #44 (TE), #28 (RB) need roster slots. Which gets me to the next point ...

8. What does anyone think about possibly moving any of the guys ahead of them?

9. Watkins is still better than any of the two guys we drafted this year in the 7th. So is C Brown. Can't see either making it.

10. Folk has something off. Kind of worrying as mentioned previously unless we plan on using Beuchler ... Wouldn't be the first "good kicker" who lost his mojo.
                            Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-22-2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• If this Jenkins thing becomes of a problem, it could put a wrench in our entire season.

Damnit man..

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                                Here is what I saw ....

1. The Offense I saw last night is exactly what we need to win late in the season -- producing first downs wins games.

2. Really liked the way we are spreading the ball around and running it -- even if we don't score the TOP makes a big difference end of the game with our OL and MBIII

3. Felix should start and MBIII should come in later. Felix seems to have gotten bigger and I would be very interested in seeing him get 20 carries a game.

4. Romo looks better and playing to his strengths but we need to see how this changes v Blitz happy teams.

5. Williams #58 looked pretty good blitzing, other stuff ehh.

6. Carp seems to have a role at last.

7. #67 (DT), #44 (TE), #28 (RB) need roster slots. Which gets me to the next point ...

8. What does anyone think about possibly moving any of the guys ahead of them?

9. Watkins is still better than any of the two guys we drafted this year in the 7th. So is C Brown. Can't see either making it.

10. Folk has something off. Kind of worrying as mentioned previously unless we plan on using Beuchler ... Wouldn't be the first "good kicker" who lost his mojo.

This might be the first real, true, constructive post I've ever seen of yours that was straight football talk with no self promotion, personal attacks or Jerry putdowns.

Congrats, and I hope its just the first of many.

And I agree with most of what you said, too. Especially about #67. I saw him flash 3x and I didn't watch the last half of the 4th qrt.

I can't believe that Carp is actually turning into a player. He has looked like a legit NFL back every time I've watched him play. That tackle on VY was nice.
                                Originally posted by 21ST
                                He was protecting his self
                                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                                From what? His leg?
                                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information