Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    I wrote: "Every year, you need to produce starters to stay relative and every year you need to hit a Pro Bowl caliber player to get to the upper levels. It is just simple math with a salary cap system. Jerry has never accomplished this."

    You went on two rants and then YOU JUST WENT OUT AND PROVED MY POINT.

    Above you showed a team that found over 23 NFL players from 6 drafts (01-06). A few Pro Bowlers too.

    In what 6 year period, does Jerrah on his own have anything close to this?????????

    You conveniently also forgot FA which is important and was a part of the comment I made -- not just draft.

    I do acknowledge however that Jarrah with Parcells or Jimmy had better player personnel skills. On his own he is a mess.


    What I'm doing is demonstrating to you that what the Cowboys have done in the draft over the last 6 years (since the arrival of BP) is more than comparable to what the Patriots did during the time they built their dynasty. We have drafted in 6 years as many Pro Bowlers as they have drafted in 9.

    You want to talk about Free Agency and trades? We brought in 2 time Pro Bowler Terrel Owens. Two time PBer Leonard Davis. One time Pro Bowler Ken Hamlin. Solid players across the board in Anthony Henry, Ayodele (under Parcells), Jason Ferguson (when healthy very good), Marc Colombo (one of the better RTs in the league)....do I really need to go on?


    Not just that, but we WERE talking about the draft, even though you tried to dodge that one. So stop with the revisionist bull ****.


    Also, its so funny that you like to list BP as the sole credit worthy part of the equation when he was here, and yet under him we had by far the worst two drafts (04 and 06) of the last 8 years, which include 4 years of BP and 4 years of "Jerrah".

    Again, you fail, as always. It's not worth it. You're going back on ignore...until you make up another username, I suppose.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

    DeMarcus Ware

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
      What I'm doing is demonstrating to you that what the Cowboys have done in the draft over the last 6 years (since the arrival of BP) is more than comparable to what the Patriots did during the time they built their dynasty. We have drafted in 6 years as many Pro Bowlers as they have drafted in 9.

      You want to talk about Free Agency and trades? We brought in 2 time Pro Bowler Terrel Owens. Two time PBer Leonard Davis. One time Pro Bowler Ken Hamlin. Solid players across the board in Anthony Henry, Ayodele (under Parcells), Jason Ferguson (when healthy very good), Marc Colombo (one of the better RTs in the league)....do I really need to go on?


      Not just that, but we WERE talking about the draft, even though you tried to dodge that one. So stop with the revisionist bull ****.


      Also, its so funny that you like to list BP as the sole credit worthy part of the equation when he was here, and yet under him we had by far the worst two drafts (04 and 06) of the last 8 years, which include 4 years of BP and 4 years of "Jerrah".

      Again, you fail, as always. It's not worth it. You're going back on ignore...until you make up another username, I suppose.
      Dude, put him on ignore already. He doesn't even talk about football. He talks about Jerry's management of the team in and loves to take credit for stating the obvious. You can't have a conversation with a guy who won't acknowledge facts when they are presented to the table.

      We're a damn competitive team even now, but you wouldn't guess it if you listened to him talk for 5 minutes.

      Comment


      • Careful or somebody's big buddy will be coming after you.:p




        The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
          What I'm doing is demonstrating to you that what the Cowboys have done in the draft over the last 6 years (since the arrival of BP) is more than comparable to what the Patriots did during the time they built their dynasty. We have drafted in 6 years as many Pro Bowlers as they have drafted in 9.

          You want to talk about Free Agency and trades? We brought in 2 time Pro Bowler Terrel Owens. Two time PBer Leonard Davis. One time Pro Bowler Ken Hamlin. Solid players across the board in Anthony Henry, Ayodele (under Parcells), Jason Ferguson (when healthy very good), Marc Colombo (one of the better RTs in the league)....do I really need to go on?


          Not just that, but we WERE talking about the draft, even though you tried to dodge that one. So stop with the revisionist bull ****.


          Also, its so funny that you like to list BP as the sole credit worthy part of the equation when he was here, and yet under him we had by far the worst two drafts (04 and 06) of the last 8 years, which include 4 years of BP and 4 years of "Jerrah".

          Again, you fail, as always. It's not worth it. You're going back on ignore...until you make up another username, I suppose.
          This post is awesome. There have been some real positive things happening in the past 8 years, and I think Jerry gets too much heat. I'll always have a hate in my heart for what happened with Jimmy, but facts are facts. The front office has done a better job than Cowboy fans give them credit for. Just look at the team to see how well they've drafted. You've got guys that are lower picks that are contributing. Do people really think they've gotten lucky finding Romo, Barber, Witten, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Ratliff, Canty(he was here and productive), Bradie, and guys like Scandrick in the mid to late rounds or FA? Then looking at their first rounders since 02, they've got a decent track record. Roy was a beast before he got lazy, and he made numerous Pro Bowls before then. Newman is a beast now. Ware is a beast that they've been looking for. Felix was electric last year, and Jenkins has shown some good promise. The only first round beefs are Carp and Spencer. Spencer might make good this year, so that's not so bad. Carp might not be what he was expected to be, but if he contributes he's not a lost cause. The team has been good at finding guys in the draft, yet they're taking heat like it's 2001 again.
          Last edited by E-Man; 08-28-2009, 06:42 PM. Reason: typo
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

          Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

          Comment


          • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
            This post is awesome. There have been some real positive things happening in the past 8 years, and I think Jerry gets too much heat. I'll always have a hate in my heart for what happened with Jimmy, but facts are facts. The front office has done a better job than Cowboy fans give them credit for. Just look at the team to see how well they've drafted. You've got guys that are lower picks that are contributing. Do people really think they've gotten lucky finding Romo, Barber, Witten, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Ratliff, Canty(he was here and productive), Bradie, and guys like Scandrick in the mid to late rounds or FA? Then looking at their first rounders since 02, they've got a decent track record. Roy was a beast before he got lazy, and he made numerous Pro Bowls before then. Newman is a beast not. Ware is a beast that they've been looking for. Felix was electric last year, and Jenkins has shown some good promise. The only first round beefs are Carp and Spencer. Spencer might make good this year, so that's not so bad. Carp might not be what he was expected to be, but if he contributes he's not a lost cause. The team has been good at finding guys in the draft, yet they're taking heat like it's 2001 again.
            Curious to ask you... where do you think the Cowboys could've improved personnel wise over the last few years. Have you just sat back and loved every minute of it?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Curious to ask you... where do you think the Cowboys could've improved personnel wise over the last few years. Have you just sat back and loved every minute of it?
              I think they can improve on depth, and we all know that. They can also have a little more consistency. It seems that after a really good draft, there follows a average a low draft. 2003 was great, but 2004 was terrible. 2005 was stellar, but 2006 was just meh. You get the drift. :p I think they do have some flaws, and that's why there hasn't been a playoff win. What really urks me is that there hasn't been a focus on guys with heart. Even a great pick up like Ware. He's so great and talented, but I wouldn't mind if he was more of a leader. This years draft annoyed me a little because I wanted some name players that you guys here liked, but seeing all the negativity made me sit back and wonder if we were being too harsh. Plus I HATED the 2005 draft. The only picks I liked were Burnett, Barber, and Canty. I hated going to the 3-4, so I bashed that draft hardcore. I'm glad that made me look like a dumbass. lol

              And the biggest urk to me was not firing Wade. Seriously, I would've fired his ass after that debacle in Philly. Him being the coach really bothers me, because he doesn't seem to make the team accountable. The team doesn't have heart, and that goes all the way to the head coach. Who knows what they'll do this year? He might turn things around. Honestly I don't see him taking them to a Super Bowl. I think the next head coach does that. I really hope I eat crow on this, but Wade gives me no hope. Maybe the players get it in gear and change it, but I think Wade is a bystander here.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

              Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

              Comment


              • Oh and for clarification, I'm not saying Ware doesn't have heart. Looking back at that it came out wrong when I typed it. I just wish he was more of a leader. Right now he seems like a great guy on a good defense. I want him to be the catalyst that makes the D want to shut people down. I want him to will the 'Boys into stopping people. The D needs a leader on the field.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

                Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                Comment


                • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                  Oh and for clarification, I'm not saying Ware doesn't have heart. Looking back at that it came out wrong when I typed it. I just wish he was more of a leader. Right now he seems like a great guy on a good defense. I want him to be the catalyst that makes the D want to shut people down. I want him to will the 'Boys into stopping people. The D needs a leader on the field.
                  I agree. Our D lacks a voice. Has since Bradie James has been a starter. Dat Ngyuen used to be that guy. But even then, we didn't really have a guy like that since Ken Norton I suppose. I still remember the Ray Lewis to Dallas rumors. Oh that would've been something, huh! I think it all starts at MLB when you talk about defensive leadership. Lewis, Urlacher, Bruschi, etc...heck even Jeremiah Trotter when he was with the Eagles... guys like that know how to rally the guys around them. Bradie James had an unbelievably great statistical season last year, but I still don't see him instilling fire into the eyes of those around him. I really thought Zach Thomas was going to do that for us last year, but he decided he was going to just try to "fit in", so it's no surprise now that he failed.

                  I'm hoping newbie Jason Williams emerges one day. He's chalk full of all kinds of potential.

                  Comment


                  • Man I was uber excited when the Ray Lewis rumors were going down. I absolutely LOVE watching him play, and I think he would have the D at top 5. There's talent on the D to be superb, but no leader that just instills them to be dominant. Bradie's leadership skills are overrated IMO.

                    And I miss Dat Nguyen. I loved that guy since A&M. I always root for the shorter guys.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

                    Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                      Man I was uber excited when the Ray Lewis rumors were going down. I absolutely LOVE watching him play, and I think he would have the D at top 5. There's talent on the D to be superb, but no leader that just instills them to be dominant. Bradie's leadership skills are overrated IMO.

                      And I miss Dat Nguyen. I loved that guy since A&M. I always root for the shorter guys.
                      Well, at least now the outlook looks a little brighter with Jason Williams. I really am very happy and excited to have a player with his measurables and raw talent waiting in the wings. I think his development path will be short. I just don't see him sitting on the bench all that much. After this season he should really start to blossom. If it takes him as long as it took Carp and Spencer to break through, I will be disappointed. I think he can be a real leader. One we haven't had in a long long time. That said... we'll need the right coaching staff that will cultivate him to fruition.

                      Comment


                      • Amazing. I can't get over it.

                        Comment


                        • As if being the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys didn't get to Romo's head enough ... ;)
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                          Comment


                          • I've got to make it to a game this season. I'm still dreading that I never got a chance to see them play at Texas Stadium, and $30 tickets seems too good to pass up. I don't care if the tickets are standing only, it looks like a damn good view. There's no way in hell I'm paying $75 for the parking though. I'll just have someone drop me off for that price. lol
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

                            Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                              I've got to make it to a game this season. I'm still dreading that I never got a chance to see them play at Texas Stadium, and $30 tickets seems too good to pass up. I don't care if the tickets are standing only, it looks like a damn good view. There's no way in hell I'm paying $75 for the parking though. I'll just have someone drop me off for that price. lol
                              At least I don't have that regret. I'm anxious to one day get to a game here though.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                At least I don't have that regret. I'm anxious to one day get to a game here though.
                                I'll be there next weekend:D It will be to watch my 2nd favorite team though. BOOMER SOONER




                                The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information