Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meh. I wouldnt get too hyped up over his preseason performance...especially in the 4th preseason game. When he was being thrown on earlier in the peaseason he was still struggling in coverage like he always has. Most notably in Oakland when he was on his knees on a Td pass thrown on him. Tonight's performance was encouraging but, Watkins is a bubble guy. Well close to it. If Brown played well, he was expendable but that didnt happen. I hope he's finally coming around but, I wouldnt want him starting any time soon. He hasnt earned anything yet. And Hamlin was great his first year here, he looks to be in good shape and was having a very solid preseason, himself. And if you compare him to the current SS, Sensabaugh. Sensabaugh is the better athlete and has a better track record. I'm happy he's played well but, lets not crown him yet. ;) :)

The biggest thing Watkins has going for him right now...is his special teams ability.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-04-2009, 10:59 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
      Cuz he sucks and always has.
      He could actually be a decent return guy with his athleticism but, he likes to run right into piles and he tries to jump over them. I dont know where he picked that junk up. Well, he's not going to be our problem anymore...assuming, Ogletree isnt too banged up, of course.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Jesse Holley finally has his moment! lolololololololol

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Two corners starting at the same spot might be a good thing if the coaching staff works it right. I'm sure Jenkins matches up better with certain teams that Scandrick wouldn't and vice-versa. I just hope it doesn't cause too much confusion.
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• hey everyone hows it goin? im new to the forums but have been using the site since the DMW draft.

How did Rudy look last night? i wasnt able to watch the game live, but saw he had some pretty decent stats. I was always a fan of his at ASU, even though his last year was dissappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by FelixTheCat View Post
              hey everyone hows it goin? im new to the forums but have been using the site since the DMW draft.

How did Rudy look last night? i wasnt able to watch the game live, but saw he had some pretty decent stats. I was always a fan of his at ASU, even though his last year was dissappointing.
              Welcome to the board. Rudy was solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                That is what he said^

The coaching staff also said that Jenkins will start in Tampa and Scandrick will start against the Giants. To start the year.

Again, they wanted Jenkins to win the job, even expected him to. And he got banged up and was outplayed by Scandrick. If money/draft position wasnt a factor...Scandrick would be the starter right now, imo. I still think when healthy, Jenkins is the better talent but, I dont think this was really a fair competition from the beginning.
                I don't know why you felt that way even from long before when I was saying it would be a battle for the RCB job you said it wouldn't be, what gives you the impression it wasn't fair?

What else could they have done to make it fair? Both guys started pre-season games, both guys had great camps, and while Scandrick played better last year as a whole Jenkins still flashed a load of potential in coverage situations.

It was a healthy battle from the beginning, as soon as Henry was let go, and they both played great ball all off-season, if someone distances themselves from the other clearly at some point during the season they'll be the full-time starter.

Scandrick will probably still kick down to slot even if he does start games, and it's also an option to let Newman play there as he's done so very well in the past, letting both these guys play outside WR's. We could also let Newman shadow the #1 WR again and he'll dictate where the other guys play, but I've always felt this would be a healthy competition and there was nothing that showed me it wasn't fair for both guys.

Now had Scandrick not started any games, or played against any starters, then yea that's not fair, but I don't think you can say it wasn't fair just because he didn't win the job outright.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Per dc.com, Stephen Hodge is definitely going to IR. No big surprise there, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    He could actually be a decent return guy with his athleticism but, he likes to run right into piles and he tries to jump over them. I dont know where he picked that junk up. Well, he's not going to be our problem anymore...assuming, Ogletree isnt too banged up, of course.
                    Isn't it just totally different though when you see Felix with that ball on returns? Felix just has a great feel for KO returns.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by FelixTheCat View Post
                      hey everyone hows it goin? im new to the forums but have been using the site since the DMW draft.

Welcome, welcome! It's always good to have more opinions about the Cowboys here.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        I don't know why you felt that way even from long before when I was saying it would be a battle for the RCB job you said it wouldn't be, what gives you the impression it wasn't fair?

What else could they have done to make it fair? Both guys started pre-season games, both guys had great camps, and while Scandrick played better last year as a whole Jenkins still flashed a load of potential in coverage situations.

It was a healthy battle from the beginning, as soon as Henry was let go, and they both played great ball all off-season, if someone distances themselves from the other clearly at some point during the season they'll be the full-time starter.

Scandrick will probably still kick down to slot even if he does start games, and it's also an option to let Newman play there as he's done so very well in the past, letting both these guys play outside WR's. We could also let Newman shadow the #1 WR again and he'll dictate where the other guys play, but I've always felt this would be a healthy competition and there was nothing that showed me it wasn't fair for both guys.

Now had Scandrick not started any games, or played against any starters, then yea that's not fair, but I don't think you can say it wasn't fair just because he didn't win the job outright.
                        There is no way it was a fair competition. If it was fair, Scandrick would be the starter. Scandrick outperformed him in the preseason and Jenkins is playing injured. This is an obvious attempt to give Jenkins more time, imo. I said they would do everything possible to give Jenkins the job and I think they're doing that. It's the nature of the game when you have a 1st rounder battling agaisnt a later round guy.

I love Jenkins but, he got beat a couple of times and Scandrick has remained steady. That right there should have lead to some distancing between the two if it was fair.

I'm not really complaining because I dont want to see either sit for a long period of time while Newman is still here...but, I do think Scandrick did enough to win the job but, they're not giving it to him.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-05-2009, 03:03 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Jesse_Holley_Takes_Punt_For_TD

Click link for anyone that was wanting to watch it

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• I think that Scandrick has been slightly better in coverage, but I also believe that Jenkins is more of a threat to intercept the ball and make a big return, and his size allows him to support the run a little better (though not for lack of trying on Scandrick's part).

I think if it was any other team in the league, you wouldn't even hear all these accusations of politics or meddling personnel guys. Jenkins has been legitimately impressive to my eyes this preseason. Most people that are making these ridiculous accusations are simply going off of last year, when Scandrick was miles better than Jenkins, and likely people are seeing visions of Jenkins whiffing on Ward in the Giant game.

The competition is extremely close, and as there is really 3 starting CBs in today's game, I can see the wisdom in refusing to label one of these guys as the "loser" of this competition when both are clearly starting caliber young guys who each have a shot at stardom. The 3rd CB plays as many plays--if not more--than the 2 down LB, the two down DEs in the 3-4 and a lot of specialty pass rushers and NTs. I love the move.
                            Originally posted by 21ST
                            He was protecting his self
                            Originally posted by tjsunstein
                            From what? His leg?
                            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• meh. I'm a Jenkins guy but, I def. think Scandrick outplayed him this preseason. This has nothing to do with last season. Scandrick didnt believe the competition was legit and neither do I. Again, this coming from a Jenkins' guy. Jenkins was a 1st rounder and makes a lot more of the green stuff, he's going to get more chances, naturally. Given that Newman will be around for a quite a while longer yet...the nickel guy will be just that for years, barring injury and I dont think that's the role they want for Mike Jenkins, who was drafted to start sooner than later.

Like I said, though...I dont have a problem going at it w/ 2 "starting" corners but, I have a real hard time believing it was a fair competition.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-05-2009, 05:45 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Keep an eye on all the corners cut today, we're bound to pick one up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information