This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Trust me, if we didn't have Eli Manning id welcome Romo to our team with open arms.

Romo is a good quarterback. He's not clutch, but he's a good quarterback. Theres a lot of teams out there that would kill to have Romo qb their team.

I understand the disappointment, but you guys are being ridiculous.

My full evaluation will come later.
    Of course you would like Romo as he always throws stupid ints or fumbles against ny.

Comment

• Wow, where to start?

- Romo has got to fix this. We will not contend until he does. We were very fortunate to be in position to win this game. Late in the season, we would not be in position to win with mistakes like those. Simply unacceptable. The one off Witten's foot was flukey but if he puts the ball out there where it needs to be, it's a first down. The first one was bad but you have to give NY credit for mixing the coverage; sometimes the defense makes a great call (unless it's our defense).

- Secondary. OMG! That was absolutely atrocious. I guess the bright side is that I don't see how they could play any worse. They were decent in the red zone, but lord oh mighty.

- Pass Rush. WTF? Isn't this Wade's specialty. Wade needs to fix this defense fast or he may not make it until Thanksgiving.

- LBers were very good. That was the key to the run defense. Brooking and James had a good game.

- OL - Phenominal. If we get that kind of OL play this year, we will win a lot of games.

- ST - Outside of the fumble that was huge, the ST have been solid. Joe D has made a big difference.

I don't know whether to be discouraged because of all the mistakes or be hopeful because despite all those mistakes, the game was still right there for us to win.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• That interception by Phillips was 100% on Romo, D. He said he never even saw him. He didnt know he was there. And he ended up throwing it right to him. You cant blame that on Hurd at all, it's a ball that never should have been thrown. Romo saw Hurd beat the corner and never knew that Phillips lined up back there in the first place. Tony wasnt thinking or very aware in this game at all. Tony had the blinders on yesterday, he was staring receivers down for whatever reason.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-21-2009, 10:28 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Trust me, if we didn't have Eli Manning id welcome Romo to our team with open arms.

Romo is a good quarterback. He's not clutch, but he's a good quarterback. Theres a lot of teams out there that would kill to have Romo qb their team.

I understand the disappointment, but you guys are being ridiculous.

My full evaluation will come later.
          Honestly, If we didn't have Eli, and we had to pick a QB from our division, I'd go with McNabb, as much as it pains me to say.

Giants were supposed to win.
          Good post D unit, except you guys were the ones who were supposed to win. We had no secondary practically. Ross and Dockery were out, and both safties were banged up. On top of that Tuck left the game AND canty didn't play. So our DL was thin, which showed in the running game, and our secondary guys, once again were dinged up. Same situation when we played you guys in the playoffs that year.
          Not to mention all that stuff I heard the week leading up about Romo not losing to us in the regular season AND how there will be so much emotion of the stadium opening.
          Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG; 09-21-2009, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• same team as last year with less explosion on offense is all I have to say.

We're in for a long year if you were expecting us to be contenders.

At this point, the best thing is to get Wade out and get Shannahan in.

No sacks in our last 2 and a half games and No turnovers in our last 3 is pathetic.

I'm pretty depressed. I waited months for this and even took 1 less class in my masters program this semester just so I could free up time on Sundays to watch the games. Same problems remain.

Comment

• That great sucking sound you just heard is the vacuum created by hundreds of thousands of blogosphere fans jumping off the Dallas bandwagon Sunday night.
              Last edited by LizardState; 09-21-2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Good post D. It's still week 2, and though i'm disappointed we don't have to be champions in september.. I hope we can fix these problems just like we fixed our run defense from week 1 to week 2.. so well, I stayed up all night to see the game, slept one hour and went straight to work so a loss was even more hurting for me :D but anyway we have a good overall potential, we just need to stay focused and get back on track.. the sacks and turnovers will be back soon, I guarantee.. but we need Romo to improve and forget this week as soon as possible.. you gotta have a short memory to be sucessful in the NFL..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                  And yes, celebrating we shut down their running game is like the French saying the Maginot line remained intact even after the Germans invaded.
                  I didn't really didn't agree with this guys post, and I rarely post in here, especially after a Cowboys lost (don't like to rub things in).

But this line had me laughing in my cube.

Comment

• D-Unit should be Tony's agent. He almost makes you believe that horrible int was somehow not his fault lol.

Comment

• The funny thing is I agree with Bob. Romo should be benched one game.

Last year all I remember is MOTH saying that Tony Romo looked depressed and thats why he wasn't playing good.

Then he had the pinky injury.

Then he made bad decisions because of his pinky when he came back.

Now we are saying he just isn't in sync. Is just off?

Why give him a pass? Accountability and Transparency are two things that were supposedly implemented last year and this year. I'm not saying trade romo...not saying cut him. But teach him a lesson. If you come into the season unprepared and are behind your WRs for the first two games...there is only one reason for that. A lack of preparation. To play like a Champion you prepare like a Champion. Romo obviously didn't do that...and thus the slow start.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                        The funny thing is I agree with Bob. Romo should be benched one game.

Last year all I remember is MOTH saying that Tony Romo looked depressed and thats why he wasn't playing good.

Then he had the pinky injury.

Then he made bad decisions because of his pinky when he came back.

Now we are saying he just isn't in sync. Is just off?

Why give him a pass? Accountability and Transparency are two things that were supposedly implemented last year and this year. I'm not saying trade romo...not saying cut him. But teach him a lesson. If you come into the season unprepared and are behind your WRs for the first two games...there is only one reason for that. A lack of preparation. To play like a Champion you prepare like a Champion. Romo obviously didn't do that...and thus the slow start.
                        Last year Tony was freaking depressed until he looked all uppity again after he returned. It didnt look like he was having any fun. Yesterday, he just sucked. I dont know what his problem was....he wasnt even going through his reads on most occassions, he was locked in on guys.

He doesnt need to be benched. The guy still has a 70% winning percentage or w/e it may be. That talk is ludicrous.

Everybody seems ready to jump off a bridge. Tony has bounced back from bad games before. Every QB has them.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-21-2009, 12:41 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          Last year Tony was freaking depressed until he looked all uppity again after he returned. It didnt look like he was having any fun. Yesterday, he just sucked. I dont know what his problem was....he wasnt even going through his reads on most occassions, he was locked in on guys.

He doesnt need to be benched. The guy still has a 70% winning percentage or w/e it may be. That talk is ludicrous.

Everybody seems ready to jump off a bridge. Tony has bounced back from bad games before. Every QB has them.
                          That 70% winning percentage also comes from the other 21 players on the field.

Like I said...I don't want him cut or traded...this isn't do or die. But it's one thing to say you can't make turnovers and then do it repetitively.

Since he has came back from his pinky injury. His stats over the past 11 games are.

16TD:12INT
                          7fum:4lost

So in his last 11 games he's accounted for 16TD and 16 TO.

That is not acceptable and he needs to be reprimanded for that.

He is averaging 1.45 TO per Game.

It used to be ok when he had a TD:INT ratio of 3:1. However he is now at 4:3. and 1:1 in TD:TO

Are you telling me those stats aren't worth of a one game bench?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            That interception by Phillips was 100% on Romo, D. He said he never even saw him. He didnt know he was there. And he ended up throwing it right to him. You cant blame that on Hurd at all, it's a ball that never should have been thrown. Romo saw Hurd beat the corner and never knew that Phillips lined up back there in the first place. Tony wasnt thinking or very aware in this game at all. Tony had the blinders on yesterday, he was staring receivers down for whatever reason.
                            Cool. Romo manned up to it. But my point wasn't necessarily that he shouldn't take blame... maybe I came across wrong. My point was more that Romo mistook Hurd's speed. The ball appeared way overthrown, but if it was Miles running that route, he would've been in position... at least that's what "I think". He made the mistake of not adjusting to Hurd... if that ball was thrown shorter, Hurd would've been able to catch it underneath Phillips because he DID beat his man to gain separation.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Cool. Romo manned up to it. But my point wasn't necessarily that he shouldn't take blame... maybe I came across wrong. My point was more that Romo mistook Hurd's speed. The ball appeared way overthrown, but if it was Miles running that route, he would've been in position... at least that's what "I think". He made the mistake of not adjusting to Hurd... if that ball was thrown shorter, Hurd would've been able to catch it underneath Phillips because he DID beat his man to gain separation.
                              Did you ever get to watch the TB game? Because he was behind his WR's all day as well as overthrew a couple of other ones. He overthrew Austin for what would have been a deep TD also. He hasn't been accurate on any throw besides the curl and dumps yet this season. Unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                He didnt mistake Hurd's speed. He didnt know Phillips was even there. He thought Sam was one on one with the corner, with no safety there. He thought he was wide open, free to score. That's what I was saying. Tony had no idea that Phillips was even in coverage.

Tony was confused yesterday and just off completely. But it's week 2 of the season...he has plenty of time to redeem himself. Others are ducking under desks because, they think the sky is falling already. Give it some time. ugh.
                                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-21-2009, 01:05 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information