This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    That 70% winning percentage also comes from the other 21 players on the field.

Like I said...I don't want him cut or traded...this isn't do or die. But it's one thing to say you can't make turnovers and then do it repetitively.

Since he has came back from his pinky injury. His stats over the past 11 games are.

16TD:12INT
    7fum:4lost

So in his last 11 games he's accounted for 16TD and 16 TO.

That is not acceptable and he needs to be reprimanded for that.

He is averaging 1.45 TO per Game.

It used to be ok when he had a TD:INT ratio of 3:1. However he is now at 4:3. and 1:1 in TD:TO

Are you telling me those stats aren't worth of a one game bench?
    Benching players can have adverse effects. There is no guarantee that benching him, which is a dumb idea, would positively effect his play. Just because, it "worked" with Mcnabb everyone thinks it's a good idea? Not quite.

And this is a new year...you dont just going benching him after one bad game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
      Good post D unit, except you guys were the ones who were supposed to win. We had no secondary practically. Ross and Dockery were out, and both safties were banged up. On top of that Tuck left the game AND canty didn't play. So our DL was thin, which showed in the running game, and our secondary guys, once again were dinged up. Same situation when we played you guys in the playoffs that year.
      Not to mention all that stuff I heard the week leading up about Romo not losing to us in the regular season AND how there will be so much emotion of the stadium opening.
      Well, fair enough... both sides can say who was "supposed to" win. There was reason for both. As defending NFC East Champs and the favorite to win the Division again, I considered you guys the favorite, despite the injuries. Emotion and history is nice and all, but like I said.. that's toilet logic if you think that's gonna help us win. The reason why Vegas had us as favorites was because we were the home team. Next game in NY won't have us as favorites. I enjoyed watching the game. It was entertaining and Eli was on point. When it all boiled down to it, we couldn't stop you on that last drive. That was elite execution. Well deserved win. While most are blaming Romo for the loss, fact of the matter is that the Cowboys scored 31 points. The Defense is who I shoulder the blame on.

Comment

• I hope Marion is fine but, I honestly wouldnt mind if he was out. Then maybe, Garrett would actually lean on Felix Jones for a change. But probably not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Ok guys, just think about this.

So you want to bench Romo for a game to teach him a lesson? So who are you gonna put in? Jon Kitna?

Jon Kitna?

Id love for that to happen. Throw a W out the window for a week to teach your qb a lesson. Brilliant.

Jon Kitna sucks. Im sorry, I know you guys like him but he sucks. If the Cowboys were to ever start him, you better believe im taking the spread for the other team.

I don't care if its the Lions. Id still take the points with Kitna under center.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            He didnt mistake Hurd's speed. He didnt know Phillips was even there. He thought Sam was one on one with the corner, with no safety there. He thought he was wide open, free to score. That's what I was saying. Tony had no idea that Phillips was even in coverage.

Tony was confused yesterday and just off completely. But it's week 2 of the season...he has plenty of time to redeem himself. Others are ducking under desks because, they think the sky is falling already. Give it some time. ugh.
            So do you think Hurd would've been in position to catch that ball if Phillips wasn't there? This is a case where your man love for Hurd is blinding your judgement. We all know Hurd doesn't have wheels to burn. His route running is what gets him open, he's a posession guy. You can't make the point that Hurd would've made the catch even if Phillips wasn't there.

Like I said earlier, if Romo throws that pass a little shorter, then he hits Hurd right in stride in that window he was open. But he overthrew him. Didn't account for Hurd's speed. He was either way off on accuracy or mistook Hurd for Austin. Austin would've been there.

We might not ever see Hurd run another deep route again this season. Maybe we were trying some trickery there, because I don't really get why Garrett even called that for Hurd.

One thing's for sure though... Romo has markedly improved his arm strength. I mean... it's noticeable. He really is becoming Favre.

Comment

• Ugh. The only reason he even threw it so deep was because, he didnt know the safety was there. I'd have to see it again, to see if Hurd could have got it, if the safety wasnt there. But he wasnt trying to fit the ball into a window in the bracket coverage. He was trying to lead him for 6. It would be no different if Miles was in there because, he thought the WR was wide open. When in reality a safety that Tony didnt see was standing right where he threw the ball.

Again he thought it was one on one...no safety there at all. Only end zone, he was wrong. It wouldnt have made a difference who the WR was because, Tony didnt accout for the safety.

And Hurd is a great deep route runner, he always seems to get great separation when he goes deep. The real problem was Garrett calling that play in the first place. After our defense forced them into a 3 and out. We should have came out running, not calling bombs to the end zone when we're at midfield and have momentum.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-21-2009, 02:31 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Well, fair enough... both sides can say who was "supposed to" win. There was reason for both. As defending NFC East Champs and the favorite to win the Division again, I considered you guys the favorite, despite the injuries. Emotion and history is nice and all, but like I said.. that's toilet logic if you think that's gonna help us win. The reason why Vegas had us as favorites was because we were the home team. Next game in NY won't have us as favorites. I enjoyed watching the game. It was entertaining and Eli was on point. When it all boiled down to it, we couldn't stop you on that last drive. That was elite execution. Well deserved win. While most are blaming Romo for the loss, fact of the matter is that the Cowboys scored 31 points. The Defense is who I shoulder the blame on.
                Yeah home team, but that's pretty much the logic everyone was losing.. Explosive offense, home game, injuries to our team, too much emotion, undefeated with Romo in the regular season, and so on. All valid reasons, and whatever "experts" or stuff you read, those were the party lines. Yeah we won the NFC East, but we lost Ward, and our WRs, and we had to prove ourselves. As a giant fan, I am still curious to see our passing game. Last night went a long way in proving to me that there were lots of changes. Our red zone play calling is still horrible.

I think the defense played a part in your loss obviously, but Romo, once again, in a game where there was pressure and national attention played poorly. I think every QB can have a bad game, but he seems to have it when it's a big game or game with lots of attention.

I think our WRs can match up against any teams CBs and secondary. Plus Gilbride was a Run and Shoot guy, and one major rule is choice routes among the WRs. The theory being any coverage can be beat because the choice routes allow adjustments to be made based on CB technique and coverage the secondary is playing. I think, that element, mixed with individual match ups really helped us.

Once you guys scored, I actually felt confident in Eli. That 1st and 20 was a major blow to my confidence, but once we picked that first down up, I was happy and confident. That's what he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  Did you ever get to watch the TB game? Because he was behind his WR's all day as well as overthrew a couple of other ones. He overthrew Austin for what would have been a deep TD also. He hasn't been accurate on any throw besides the curl and dumps yet this season. Unacceptable.
                  No, I didn't see the game. Won't either. The first thing I said was that Romo is not free of blame, so I don't want anyone to think that I think Romo was fine yesterday, because he wasn't.

I'm just saying.. we have other problems at the core that are not being looked at that are fundamentally flawed. Pass Rush and Pass Coverage. The 2 go hand in hand. People are blowing up our Secondary and calling them punks. The pass rush is just as much to blame. No pressure on Eli all game long. Of course the secondary will get torched. It'd be one thing if the secondary did that bad and we had 4-5 sacks on the game and several more QB pressures. But Eli's OL held our guys in check. This is the second consecutive game that we haven't had a sack. That is a MAJOR concern. Maybe we're missing Canty and Ellis more than we realized. Jerry wanted to get cute with this draft and ignore the DL. I'm a major basher of this year's draft and so far, I have good reason. If we don't dial up the pressure more, Wade will be gone by midseason.

Comment

Ugh. The only reason he even threw it so deep was because, he didnt know the safety was there. I'd have to see it again, to see if Hurd could have got it, if the safety wasnt there. But he wasnt trying to fit the ball into a window in the bracket coverage. He was trying to lead him for 6. It would be no different if Miles was in there because, he thought the WR was wide open. When in reality a safety that Tony didnt see was standing right where he threw the ball.

Again he thought it was one on one...no safety there at all. Only end zone, he was wrong. It wouldnt have made a difference who the WR was because, Tony didnt accout for the safety.

And Hurd is a great deep route runner, he always seems to get great separation when he goes deep. The real problem was Garrett calling that play in the first place. After our defense forced them into a 3 and out. We should have came out running, not calling bombs to the end zone when we're at midfield and have momentum.
                    I agree with that last statement. That pass was uncatchable though, unless you think Hurd slowed down because he saw Phillips..? Maybe I could buy that. Regardless, it was an ugly play call... an overthrown ball... a bad read... all of the above.

Comment

• Tony admitted that he didnt even know Phillips was there. Which is alarming in itself. But that is what happened.

As for Hurd in general...we may want to see more of him, if we keep seeing games like this out of our receivers. Granted a lot of it is on Romo but no one really stood out besides Witten. It's too early to make conclusions on this yet, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                        Yeah home team, but that's pretty much the logic everyone was losing.. Explosive offense, home game, injuries to our team, too much emotion, undefeated with Romo in the regular season, and so on. All valid reasons, and whatever "experts" or stuff you read, those were the party lines. Yeah we won the NFC East, but we lost Ward, and our WRs, and we had to prove ourselves. As a giant fan, I am still curious to see our passing game. Last night went a long way in proving to me that there were lots of changes. Our red zone play calling is still horrible.

I think the defense played a part in your loss obviously, but Romo, once again, in a game where there was pressure and national attention played poorly. I think every QB can have a bad game, but he seems to have it when it's a big game or game with lots of attention.

I think our WRs can match up against any teams CBs and secondary. Plus Gilbride was a Run and Shoot guy, and one major rule is choice routes among the WRs. The theory being any coverage can be beat because the choice routes allow adjustments to be made based on CB technique and coverage the secondary is playing. I think, that element, mixed with individual match ups really helped us.

Once you guys scored, I actually felt confident in Eli. That 1st and 20 was a major blow to my confidence, but once we picked that first down up, I was happy and confident. That's what he does.
                        Still... this was a game of us trying to measure ourselves up to you. Not the other way around.

Romo lead us on scoring drives when we needed to retake the lead. Too much blame is on his shoulders but that's ok. It's expected out of the QB.

Our real problems are on D. We improved our Run D and I think we can improve our Pass D. If we can put it all together, I still like our chances. The season is too young. People are falling off bridges after this loss. I don't think it's warranted yet. There is time for correction. Adjustments from last year to this year are still in progress. Anyone to think we should've picked up from last year or looked better from the start is only fooling themselves. We had a major overhaul on defense in the starting line up and on the bench.

Comment

• So Im feeling too lazy to break the game down, but I want to discuss this with all you Romo haters.

So that final drive, when you guys scored the TD to go up 31-30, I think you all underestimate Romo's role in that drive.

Garrett was brilliant in that drive btw. He split out his 2 TEs wide, and gave Romo 2 keys. If the Giant LBs went out wide with the TEs, Romo would call "kill kill!" and run the draw. If they stayed home and played the draw, Romo runs the original play and hits his TEs.

So we went with the TEs the entire drive, and Romo checked into the draw play the entire drive. And you scored a TD.

Now that might not sound like much, but it says something about a qb when hes able to swallow his pride and do whats best for the team to score at that moment instead of trying to be a hero.

Romo gets no credit for that drive, but he was an integral part of it with his keys and how he was able to resist the temptation of throwing it to Witten and Bennett with inferior LBs covering them.

The game isn't as simple as us fans make it out to be guys. We think we know, but we know nothing.

Comment

Tony admitted that he didnt even know Phillips was there. Which is alarming in itself. But that is what happened.

As for Hurd in general...we may want to see more of him, if we keep seeing games like this out of our receivers. Granted a lot of it is on Romo but no one really stood out besides Witten. It's too early to make conclusions on this yet, though.
                            Phillips was deep to the left, and in the moment it's not hard to understand where Tony was coming from. But so what if he didn't see Phillips? I'm not saying there wouldn't have been an INT. I'm saying if Phillips wasn't there, like Tony saw, Hurd still wouldn't have caught the ball anyways.

Comment

• No what's sad? Newman played better when he had plantar faciitis.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Phillips was deep to the left, and in the moment it's not hard to understand where Tony was coming from. But so what if he didn't see Phillips? I'm not saying there wouldn't have been an INT. I'm saying if Phillips wasn't there, like Tony saw, Hurd still wouldn't have caught the ball anyways.
                                That's debatable...I'd need to see it again, myself. And that would be Tony's fault anyway, not Hurd, who had the corner beat.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information