This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    So Im feeling too lazy to break the game down, but I want to discuss this with all you Romo haters.

So that final drive, when you guys scored the TD to go up 31-30, I think you all underestimate Romo's role in that drive.

Garrett was brilliant in that drive btw. He split out his 2 TEs wide, and gave Romo 2 keys. If the Giant LBs went out wide with the TEs, Romo would call "kill kill!" and run the draw. If they stayed home and played the draw, Romo runs the original play and hits his TEs.

So we went with the TEs the entire drive, and Romo checked into the draw play the entire drive. And you scored a TD.

Now that might not sound like much, but it says something about a qb when hes able to swallow his pride and do whats best for the team to score at that moment instead of trying to be a hero.

Romo gets no credit for that drive, but he was an integral part of it with his keys and how he was able to resist the temptation of throwing it to Witten and Bennett with inferior LBs covering them.

The game isn't as simple as us fans make it out to be guys. We think we know, but we know nothing.
    Ain't that the truth. Amen brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      That's debatable...I'd need to see it again, myself. And that would be Tony's fauly anyway, not Hurd, who had the corner beat.
      I did say that was Tony's fault. I said he overthrew Hurd. Probably didn't account for his lack of deep speed.

Comment

• We all saw Tony doing a good job changing to run but, the fact remains, he was dreadful when he had to chuck it. He was confused and had tunnel vision. I love Tony but, he was awful yesterday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          I did say that was Tony's fault. I said he overthrew Hurd. Probably didn't account for his lack of deep speed.
          Well then saying you wouldnt see Hurd run any more deep routes isnt the best thing to say. Not when Hurd did his job and beat the corner by a nice margin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Ok guys, just think about this.

So you want to bench Romo for a game to teach him a lesson? So who are you gonna put in? Jon Kitna?

Jon Kitna?

Id love for that to happen. Throw a W out the window for a week to teach your qb a lesson. Brilliant.

Jon Kitna sucks. Im sorry, I know you guys like him but he sucks. If the Cowboys were to ever start him, you better believe im taking the spread for the other team.

I don't care if its the Lions. Id still take the points with Kitna under center.
            QFT...

Benching Romo "to teach him a lesson" does nothing for your team except screw with locker room chemistry, and with Romo already having a questionable mental makeup, benching him could ruin his head for the rest of the season.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Still... this was a game of us trying to measure ourselves up to you. Not the other way around.

Romo lead us on scoring drives when we needed to retake the lead. Too much blame is on his shoulders but that's ok. It's expected out of the QB.

Our real problems are on D. We improved our Run D and I think we can improve our Pass D. If we can put it all together, I still like our chances. The season is too young. People are falling off bridges after this loss. I don't think it's warranted yet. There is time for correction. Adjustments from last year to this year are still in progress. Anyone to think we should've picked up from last year or looked better from the start is only fooling themselves. We had a major overhaul on defense in the starting line up and on the bench.
              Maybe from your end your trying to measure yourself to us. From our end it's basically to stop your owner's yapping on how he wanted to play us, and basically ruin your Jerry's Palace unveiling. Also, winning 2 division games in the first 2 weeks also is a huge thing.

You guys have an easy schedule for a few games to heal, and get stuff fixed. Hopefully now, from your prospective you guys can fix these issues, and straighten out the ship. I am just happy we could go into your stadium with all the damn hype and win in the fashion we did. The fashion we won, if you are a giants fan, is not new by any means. This is typical Eli fashion.

Now we need to continue to heal and fix our errors as well, but it's good to know that the WR situation was mostly media hype and fan knee jerk reaction.

Comment

• How bad a sign is it if your QB is complimented on his ability to hand the ball off to the RB?

Comment

Ain't that the truth. Amen brother.
                  I'll thrid that too, lol. I played up until high school, and though I know more about the game than most people who haven't, high school ball is 1/1,000,00th as complex as college or even in the NFL. I'm constantly learning something new on here, as well as I'm sure some people have learned some things off of my posts as well. But even as complex as football seems when we are young, I defintiely agree it is much crazier when you get to the pro ranks, and there are things we will never understand when it comes to pro football.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                    How bad a sign is it if your QB is complimented on his ability to hand the ball off to the RB?
                    Are you for real? Its all about the mental decision based off of what the defense is showing him. That is important. If he would have forced throws in those situations, you guys would be calling for his head even more...

Comment

• Changing it up a little...Metsox brought it up in the gameday thread. But, I hope they stop with that horrible camera angle on every single punt. I had the feeling Crayton was going to be killed every punt because, they waited until the last second to show the ball getting to him. You cant even tell how far down field the punt team is. Just an awful camera angle, there using so we can tell how close it comes to the video board. I dont like that one bit and hopefully it will stop.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Benching players can have adverse effects. There is no guarantee that benching him, which is a dumb idea, would positively effect his play. Just because, it "worked" with Mcnabb everyone thinks it's a good idea? Not quite.

And this is a new year...you dont just going benching him after one bad game.
                        two bad games*

Comment

• Ugh. Say what you will, he was off in the first half of last week. But yeah, he still threw for 350+ and 3 Tds. You're grasping at invisble straws with that one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Well, fair enough... both sides can say who was "supposed to" win. There was reason for both. As defending NFC East Champs and the favorite to win the Division again, I considered you guys the favorite, despite the injuries. Emotion and history is nice and all, but like I said.. that's toilet logic if you think that's gonna help us win. The reason why Vegas had us as favorites was because we were the home team. Next game in NY won't have us as favorites. I enjoyed watching the game. It was entertaining and Eli was on point. When it all boiled down to it, we couldn't stop you on that last drive. That was elite execution. Well deserved win. While most are blaming Romo for the loss, fact of the matter is that the Cowboys scored 31 points. The Defense is who I shoulder the blame on.
                            Why because romo turned the ball over on our side of the field and the defense held them to field goals? Come on D

Comment

Changing it up a little...Metsox brought it up in the gameday thread. But, I hope they stop with that horrible camera angle on every single punt. I had the feeling Crayton was going to be killed every punt because, they waited until the last second to show the ball getting to him. You cant even tell how far down field the punt team is. Just an awful camera angle, there using so we can tell how close it comes to the video board. I dont like that one bit and hopefully it will stop.
                              I think they figured some people were watching just to see how close it was to the board, or if they hit it

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                Are you for real? Its all about the mental decision based off of what the defense is showing him. That is important. If he would have forced throws in those situations, you guys would be calling for his head even more...
                                You don't get credit for doing what you're supposed to do especially when it's a simple obvious rudimentary skill.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information