Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Newman just had a below average game. Same thing with last week. He made a few bad plays that cost the team, but I don't think it's a trend until the same thing happens too often. He did make some good plays last night, and last week as well. As D said, he's a 7 year vet. He can work out any kinks. By now we know what type of player he is, and I don't think he's slowing down much to where he isn't good anymore.

And also did you guys see Kosier? He had a steller game. haha!
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Kosier has never been as bad as everyone on here made him about to be. But yesterday he looked like a pro bowler. haha. The holes on the left side were enormous and Kosier was fantastic.

And yeah, it may not be a great time to bring it up because, of his stupid trip. But Flo has looked good this year. The guy just stands straight up w/ zero form these days but, he's still as strong as ever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Kosier has never been as bad as everyone on here made him about to be. But yesterday he looked like a pro bowler. haha. The holes on the left side were enormous and Kosier was fantastic.

And yeah, it may not be a great time to bring it up because, of his stupid trip. But Flo has looked good this year. The guy just stands straight up w/ zero form these days but, he's still as strong as ever.
        When Kosier does that against someone other than the Giants backups, then I'll be ready to crown him. Heck, I love him compared to Proctor, but I'm still in the camp of guys looking for an upgrade.

One thing I didn't realize was that the Giants and Eli have been starting together for 34 straight games. That's insane. That kind of chemistry and consistency can carry a team and make a QB look great. Their pass protection looked great.

Makes me even more impressed with our run defensive effort last night. We certainly contained them and prevented them from giving it to us with their supposedly strong running attack. Maybe they miss Ward more than they thought.
        Last edited by D-Unit; 09-21-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Our pass rush is too hit or miss.. It's like we're running a full on boom or bust scheme which is what I thought last year as well.

The opposing QB either gets 2 seconds, or he gets 7.... its never 3.5, 4, 3.5, 4, 4, 3.5.....

Our secondary always get hung out to dry. The talent back there is fine. In fact, the talent in our secondary is superior to any other unit on the defense. Yes, better than LB's w/ Ware, but like WARD said -- no one can cover for that long.

This same exact scheme was run very successfully in San Diego with much worse db's (Marlon Mcree, Terrence Kiel, Sammy Davis, Quintin Jammer when he was terrible and led the league in P.I. calls, etc.)

This is why I cry so hard about D-line.... IT IS THE DIFFERENCE. Jay Ratliff is great, Igor is good enough if he has a STRONG DE on the other end that can rush the passer (Castillo, Seymore, etc.) but he doesn't -- he has that fat worthless piece of ****, Marcus Spears. DE is killing this team.

I've been watching Ratliff and he does command double teams. he can hold his own against them about 75% of the time which is good enough. That's what any other good NT does. The problem is that he's weak on his wings. He gets no support from his DE's

Igor can hold the point, but teams never run at his side anyways because they are trying to avoid Ware, but he really isn't a pass rusher at all.

Spears is the weak link to this whole team. If you could swap Spears with a healthy Seymore, Castillo, or Ngata -- this is a championship defense IMO.
          Last edited by Burns336; 09-21-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
            Our pass rush is too hit or miss.. It's like we're running a full on boom or bust scheme which is what I thought last year as well.

The opposing QB either gets 2 seconds, or he gets 7.... its never 3.5, 4, 3.5, 4, 4, 3.5.....
            Really? Would be interesting if there was a real breakdown of that because that's some insane analysis.

Comment

• How awesome do you think this defense would be if we had fired Wade after last season and hired Rex Ryan?

and how much more discipline do you think there would be? (reduced penalties, turnovers on offense)

and how much more would the overall toughness of the team increase?

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                How awesome do you think this defense would be if we had fired Wade after last season and hired Rex Ryan?

and how much more discipline do you think there would be? (reduced penalties, turnovers on offense)

and how much more would the overall toughness of the team increase?
                That would've been amazing. Actually come to think of it... didn't Bum Phillips work with the Ryan's while developing what's now known as the Phillips 34? Wow. If so, I think the transition would've been seamless. That's a great mention Burns. I'll have to look that one up. Rex Ryan is brash and his defenses are F'n tight.

Edit: Nope, my assumption was wrong. Bum Phillips and Buddy Ryan aren't connected.
                Last edited by D-Unit; 09-21-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Actually, if I had to name the best defensive player on this team through 2 games, it would be a toss up between Spears and Ratliff. I know Marcus has always been one of your scapegoats, so it doesn't surprise me that you are spinning your usual stuff with that. But he has been extremely good through the first two games. He's been pressuring the QB as well as blowing into the backfield vs. the run. One of the few bright spots on the team so far.
                  Originally posted by 21ST
                  He was protecting his self
                  Originally posted by tjsunstein
                  From what? His leg?
                  Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                  That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                  "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• How sick is it that my man Barber gets hurt in the open field? With all the assumption that he'd get hurt because of his violent running style, he comes up lame like this... why o why...? Man. Hammy's can linger the whole season. This is terrrrrrible and nobody's even talking about it. Jones and Choice are nice, but Barber's loss is not.

Comment

• Quad, not hammy. Those can linger too, though. He's listed as day to day and was seen walking without a limp but, you never know. Like Wade said, you'll have to see how the quad responds in the next few days. One of those wait and see injuries, which suck. He may miss no time or it may linger for a month or so.

As for how it effects us...if we can lose a player from any position, it's RB. And it may be a blessing in disguise when it comes to the always under used, Felix Jones. Forces Garrett to finally unleash him.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-21-2009, 10:21 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Quad, not hammy. Those can linger too, though. He's listed as day to day and was seen walking without a limp but, you never know. Like Wade said, you'll have to see how the quad responds in the next few days. One of those wait and see injuries, which suck. He may miss no time or it may linger for a month or so.

As for how it effects us...if we can lose a player from any position, it's RB. And it may be a blessing in disguise when it comes to the always under used, Felix Jones.
                        Ah thanks for the clarification. Just thank goodness it's not plantar faciaitis. lol.

Comment

• So you had that, huh?

That sucks. Right now, I'm connecting more with the guys with the broken ribs. (Mcnabb/Hasselbeck) I've been there. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• How is this not a trend though? Newman has been falling off every year for the past three or so years. I've never been such a cynic like some of us here (D i'm looking at you), so it's not like i think the sky is falling, but god damn how ****** did the secondary look yesterday? They've NEVER played this bad, and if it weren't for the run defense, it could have been a rout.

I know some of you all were talking about the lack of pass rush, but to be honest, i never saw Eli take any 7 step drops, or hell, even 5 step drops. He was getting the ball out of there quickly, and most of the time his guys were wide open.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                              Actually, if I had to name the best defensive player on this team through 2 games, it would be a toss up between Spears and Ratliff. I know Marcus has always been one of your scapegoats, so it doesn't surprise me that you are spinning your usual stuff with that. But he has been extremely good through the first two games. He's been pressuring the QB as well as blowing into the backfield vs. the run. One of the few bright spots on the team so far.
                              Pressuring the QB??? I assume you are referring to the 2 hits he put on Leftwich? Those were all scheme. He came on a twist and was unblocked in both instances. He never got close to Eli. In fact, he didn't even notch a tackle against NYG. Spears can't rush the passer for ****. You just homer-coat it like you always do.

You try to justify everything going on and somehow always find a way to prove that the Cowboys are the best team in the division and ****** players are overlooked gems. I'm sure you'll reply to this post trying to convince me we're a contender.

I got news dude. This is the same ****. Nothings changed.

I expect the team to go on a short run and go into the bye at 4-1, we'll be in contention until the 3rd quarter of the season, then we'll fall into desperation mode looking to grab a WC spot, and then we'll miss playoffs. Wade will be gone. Shanahan will be in. and we can start over.

Who do you grab to run the D? Hopefully someone creative.

BTW -- not just throwing Shanahan's name in there because D wants him. I was watching gameday on NFLN the other day and Deion made a remark to Irvin about Jerry hiring Shanahan next year if Wade failed and they both smiled...
                              Last edited by Burns336; 09-22-2009, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information