Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta stop the panic. We can build off this. If we can have that kind of consistency in our run defense, the rest will come into shape. This is not for lack of talent boys.

Comment

• No, you're right. This team has enough defensive talent to be a good defense. And I think they will get things lined out and improve.

I don't think they can be elite, but really, all we need is for the defense to be above average and we'll be fine.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        No, you're right. This team has enough defensive talent to be a good defense. And I think they will get things lined out and improve.

I don't think they can be elite, but really, all we need is for the defense to be above average and we'll be fine.
        We're not talking about a defense who's been together for a long time playing with each other. Sensy replaced Davis. Pacman used to start and now it's split between Jenkins/Scandrick. Brooking in the middle next to Bradie. Ellis is gone with Spencer now starting. Igor is new as well as Siavii who got some playing time. And even on the bench... we've got new faces. Butler and Octavien replace Rogers and Polk and on and on...

The season is too young for people to be jumping ship. Sheesh.

Comment

• Who's jumping ship? I was never really aboard from the start.

Comment

• I'm not jumping ship either...however week 3 is when you can evaluate a team defense from a stat perspective and get an outlook on the season. I read that in ESPN magazine when evaluation fantasy defenses. So from the metrics...we have a ton of work to do to be a supposed top 5 defense like most of us here thought we would be.

Comment

• With NFL.com ranking the Giants at number 1, I wonder how the 'Boys would be ranked if they ended up winning that game. Would people just say, "Oh well they got lucky, and it'll cost them eventually," or would they hail the Cowboys as the number one ranked team. Philly is ranked number 10 after getting blown out at home somehow, and that matters more than the Cowboys losing. It's so funny that beating the Cowboys means alot, but when the Cowboys win it's nothing.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                Who's jumping ship? I was never really aboard from the start.
                HAhahhahaa. Nice. That made me laugh. Way to be truthful. I respect that.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  I'm not jumping ship either...however week 3 is when you can evaluate a team defense from a stat perspective and get an outlook on the season. I read that in ESPN magazine when evaluation fantasy defenses. So from the metrics...we have a ton of work to do to be a supposed top 5 defense like most of us here thought we would be.
                  I thought we'd be improved, but I dunno about Top 5 status.

Speaking of fanstasy defenses... MOTH can be my witness... as I drafted the Green Bay D ahead of the Dallas D in the War League. ...and I was bummed as I wanted the Jets who went right before me. Love my boys... but I love my fantasy teams too. ;)

Comment

• Thinking that Umenyiora was doing anything productive against Flozell is asinine. He got wrecked all game, which is kind of funny seeing that Flozell's weakness is supposed to be quick rushers, and he just out muscled him all game long.

And that trip on Tuck wasn't even what injured him. He had a bum shoulder, am i right? How does him getting kicked in the shin have anything to do with straining a shoulder?

As for going 3-13. Hell no. It would bring a world of a hell upon everyone if Dallas went 3-13. The defense needs some huge improvement, and hopefully it'll get going this week. I think the ranking on the rush defense is a little skewed, because outside of one long Jacobs run (where Newman tackled Brooking), the Giants got shut down all game. It might be more from the Tampa Bay game.

Comment

• Tuck landed on his shoulder when he got blatantly tripped. He had that injury before in college but was fine since then.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4497705

Seems like good news about Barber.

Comment

• If Flo doesn't commit that penalty, then Tuck doesn't get hurt. Is that hard to see?

F'n Flo... I can't stand his penalties. But other than that he does his job. The F'd up thing about it is that he didn't need to trip Tuck on that play. Romo would've been fine. He eliminated a big play by penalty and I'm sick of him doing that. ...but I know the day he's gone, we're gonna wish he was back. It's gonna take a while for someone to be at his level.

Comment

• He got fined $12,500 by the NFL for that trip also.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Flozell is this generations Erik Williams. A great tackle that can shut many great players down, but makes dumb ass penalties. The difference is that Flozell seems to make more stupid errors than Williams. It's like he's just gotta make one dumb penalty per game. It even has rubbed off on Columbo in the past. lol I bet the next great Cowboy tackle will be the same.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Justin Tuck talks a lot of smack so excuse me if I don't shed a tear for his injury. I'm sure if the roles were reversed Tuck would love to injure one of our most important players. Every good offensive line is at least a little dirty but are smart enough to do it discreetly so as not to get penalized and fined. It was stupid of Flo to do it as we were pretty much dominating them up front.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information