Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as GF1080 said, he got tripped and fell on his shoulder. He didn't have a "bum shoulder". It was obvious, the way he fell and landed on it. That's a lotta man to fall on that shoulder. I understand protecting your QB, but jesus flozell that was dirty as hell. Hold him or push him, but come on
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
      Justin Tuck talks a lot of smack so excuse me if I don't shed a tear for his injury. I'm sure if the roles were reversed Tuck would love to injure one of our most important players. Every good offensive line is at least a little dirty but are smart enough to do it discreetly so as not to get penalized and fined. It was stupid of Flo to do it as we were pretty much dominating them up front.
      i must say, I kinda agree with you, but that was dirty as hell. come on, i know dirty plays happen all the time, but something like that? that instantly reminded me of what samuels did to kiwi last year. just blatently dirty and un-necessary
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        i must say, I kinda agree with you, but that was dirty as hell. come on, i know dirty plays happen all the time, but something like that? that instantly reminded me of what samuels did to kiwi last year. just blatently dirty and un-necessary
        We obviously don't care that it was a dirty play that hurt Tuck. We care about the dirty play that got called. If it didn't get called, we wouldn't care. If the tables were turned, and it happened to Ware, you wouldn't be pissed and we would be. That's football... and that's how fans react to football.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          We obviously don't care that it was a dirty play that hurt Tuck. We care about the dirty play that got called. If it didn't get called, we wouldn't care. If the tables were turned, and it happened to Ware, you wouldn't be pissed and we would be. That's football... and that's how fans react to football.
          oh i know, but the most obvious ones are the worst. if you're discreetly dirty, that's fine, that's football, that's playing the trenches. but doing that, that obvious and dirty is stupid and a pretty dick move. geez flozell, injure him in a pile up or some crap, but not that.

and I would believe it or not, for a few reasons:

1. I actually really like D-Ware. Him and Marty-B are my favorite cowboys.

2. Osi and D-Ware are like best friends.

3. It would mean we had a dirty player and I'd lose a ton of respect for him and wouldn't want a guy with that image on our team. I probably wouldn't be as pissed, but I'd be pretty damn pissed if we hurt Ware with a dirty ass play like that.
          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Eh, i distinctly remember Tuck smashing Bollinger on his head last year, so put me on the list of people that don't give a **** about Tuck being injured. I'd even go so far as to say that it was a good exchange. We gave up a 30ish yard pass and got their best DL off the field for the rest of the game. I'd call that a win.

Comment

• I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't think it's a dirty play. Illegal, yes. Penalty, yes. But I don't think it's anywhere in the neighborhood of chop blocks and illegal crack backs and things like that. I would have a hard time thinking he would get a fine had Tuck not been injured.

Also, if forgetting the fact that the Giants were actually called for a leg whip which is much more dangerous than that trip from Flozell.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't think it's a dirty play. Illegal, yes. Penalty, yes. But I don't think it's anywhere in the neighborhood of chop blocks and illegal crack backs and things like that. I would have a hard time thinking he would get a fine had Tuck not been injured.

Also, if forgetting the fact that the Giants were actually called for a leg whip which is much more dangerous than that trip from Flozell.
                Yup yup. I agree. Flo didn't even really kick him as much as he just lifted his leg up. Not like he pulled back his leg first and actually karate kicked him.

Comment

• Isnt it funny that.....

Tony Romo has a terible game and people are ready to bench him or worse.
                  Peyton Manning in 2002 playoff game goes 14-31 137yrds 2int's QB rat 32.1
                  very next year 2003 playoff game he goes 23-47 1td 4int's QB rating 35.5
                  2006 he goes 15-30 170yrds 2int's QB rating 39.6. Granted it was the playoffs against good teams but I wonder if they were ready to get rid of him?

Isnt it funny that....

The "best organization in the NFL" just got dominated by the Jets and should be 0-2 if not for a fluke fumble. Most people talk about them "getting it" and what great drafters they are, but to me they look average at best.

Isnt it funny that...

We passed on a "franchise" RB in the first round to take a backup, and yet the "franchise" hardly see's the field. Wonder if maybe he's not as good as people thought or Pittsburgh might be too stupid in the way they use him. OR MAYBE just MAYBE we took the better back?

Isnt it funny that....

The great and all knowing Bill Parcell's led Dolphins are 0-2 ? They hold the ball for 45 min. at home and still lose. The offensive guru's of David Lee and Tony Sporano own the 29th ranked offense and 31st passing attack in the NFL. Anybody like Red a little more?

Isnt it funny that....

Jay Cutler and Matt Forte have more tackles than the guy everybody wanted us to draft? Jarron Gilbert, who many thought might start for us, has had zero impact for the Bears.

Just my version of "scattershooting" on a wed. afternoon.:D

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                    Isnt it funny that.....

2006 he goes 15-30 170yrds 2int's QB rating 39.6. Granted it was the playoffs against good teams but I wonder if they were ready to get rid of him?

Isnt it funny that....

The "best organization in the NFL" just got dominated by the Jets and should be 0-2 if not for a fluke fumble. Most people talk about them "getting it" and what great drafters they are, but to me they look average at best.

Isnt it funny that...

We passed on a "franchise" RB in the first round to take a backup, and yet the "franchise" hardly see's the field. Wonder if maybe he's not as good as people thought or Pittsburgh might be too stupid in the way they use him. OR MAYBE just MAYBE we took the better back?

Isnt it funny that....

The great and all knowing Bill Parcell's led Dolphins are 0-2 ? They hold the ball for 45 min. at home and still lose. The offensive guru's of David Lee and Tony Sporano own the 29th ranked offense and 31st passing attack in the NFL. Anybody like Red a little more?

Isnt it funny that....

Jay Cutler and Matt Forte have more tackles than the guy everybody wanted us to draft? Jarron Gilbert, who many thought might start for us, has had zero impact for the Bears.

If this makes you feel better than go ahead.

But a team who for three years continues to make the same mistakes over and over and over again -- it kind of bothers most reasoned folks.

Comment

• And please on Tuck, Mike Boley was make tackles out-of-bounds all day and on TWO ocassions the announcers said "kind fo close."

So Tuck got hurt, Flo got a penalty. So what. It was not a dirty play or intended to hurt him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                        Isnt it funny that.....

Isnt it funny that....

Isnt it funny that...

Isnt it funny that....

Isnt it funny that....

It was funny until you got to the Jarron Gilbert part. lol. Rather have him than Robert Brewster and Brandon Williams. Marcus Spears sucks. Jason Hatcher sucks. Where's Stephen Bowen? I thought he was supposed to break out according to MOTH.

Fact that he doesn't do anything for the Bears is irrelevant at this point.

Comment

• Osi didn't do **** to Flo. Flo owned him sadly.

Comment

• Anyone else think Roy needed to be more involved? It's like Romo gave up to him after that bomb he didn't come up with. Garrett needs to recognize that. The 1 catch he did make, he made Corey Webster look like yesterday's trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Anyone else think Roy needed to be more involved? It's like Romo gave up to him after that bomb he didn't come up with. Garrett needs to recognize that. The 1 catch he did make, he made Corey Webster look like yesterday's trash.
                              Who knows? The way Romo was throwing, half the time I thought he was throwing it to me.:p Everybody needs to be more involved. A 60% completion rate would be a good start.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Yes, Roy needs to be more involved, but to be honest, Romo needs to step the **** up and play better. I'm not even that mad at his mis-reads, but many times he had amazing pass protection and he threw some horrible passes.

I agree though, that if we're gonna be dropping back that much, we should at least get Williams a little more involved. Gotta credit Corey Webster for doing a good job on him though, he even though he did pwn him in that one catch he had.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information