Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    But Romo in Shanny's version of the WCO would thrive, imo. Shanny uses a lot of boot legs and his WCO has vertical tendencies.
    You might have something there, especially if we remember how Shanahan utilized Plummer's mobility. I think there's a lot of similarities between Plummer and Romo (good and bad).

    Comment


    • Shanny is a perfect fit for you guys schematically, but Im not sure how that oline fits in a ZBS.

      A lot of Denver fans didn't have a lot of very nice things to say about him either, saying his talent evaluation was shadey, and his defenses were terrible.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Shanny is a perfect fit for you guys schematically, but Im not sure how that oline fits in a ZBS.

        A lot of Denver fans didn't have a lot of very nice things to say about him either, saying his talent evaluation was shadey, and his defenses were terrible.
        That's why I haven't been going too gaga over Shanny. Yeah he's been a good coach, and I wouldn't be upset if he was the next coach. There's some inconsistency with some of their drafts. I'd rather have Cowher or Fisher(wishful thinking) than Shanahan.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

        Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Shanny is a perfect fit for you guys schematically, but Im not sure how that oline fits in a ZBS.

          A lot of Denver fans didn't have a lot of very nice things to say about him either, saying his talent evaluation was shadey, and his defenses were terrible.
          Shanahan won't have final say on anything related to the roster in Dallas. That's why he's a good fit IMO. He's a better schemer/game day guy than evaluator. You're right though about the OL. A lot of money invested there in the beef.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
            That's why I haven't been going too gaga over Shanny. Yeah he's been a good coach, and I wouldn't be upset if he was the next coach. There's some inconsistency with some of their drafts. I'd rather have Cowher or Fisher(wishful thinking) than Shanahan.
            Cowher is very wishful thinking too. I keep hearing that he wants the Carolina job. Tennessee would be idiotic to can Fisher even if they go 0-16.

            Comment


            • Well anything at this point is wishful thinking, so I'm doing a little dreaming with the next head coach. At this point I'm only sure of one thing, and that's Wade not being the head coach in 2010.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

              Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

              Comment


              • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                That's why I haven't been going too gaga over Shanny. Yeah he's been a good coach, and I wouldn't be upset if he was the next coach. There's some inconsistency with some of their drafts. I'd rather have Cowher or Fisher(wishful thinking) than Shanahan.
                You're right, Shanahan is NOT a perfect fit in Dallas. I too would prefer the other 2 vs. him as a new HC, but people in hell want ice water too. No way Bud Adams lets Fisher go.

                Dallas simply doesn't have the right personnel for a WCO -- running the WCO without the right players = round peg in the square hole by definition.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  You're right, Shanahan is NOT a perfect fit in Dallas. I too would prefer the other 2 vs. him as a new HC, but people in hell want ice water too. No way Bud Adams lets Fisher go.

                  Dallas simply doesn't have the right personnel for a WCO -- running the WCO without the right players = round peg in the square hole by definition.
                  I just wanna say... Jerry didn't care about that when hired his last 2 time SB winning HC in Bill Parcells.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I just wanna say... Jerry didn't care about that when hired his last 2 time SB winning HC in Bill Parcells.
                    True.

                    And what really are WCO players? I've read people that think Romo would be a great WCO QB and some say no. Same with the WR corp....I'm not sure what to think.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                    -Douglas MacArthur

                    Comment


                    • Don't know if you guys listened to Brian Broaudus on ESPN yesterday. Interesting comments.

                      He did say that Romo was obviously off target on a few throws. However, he stressed the point very firmly that outside of those few obvious bad throws, there was very little seperation by the WRs. He gave a lot of credit to Denver.

                      He also said that he thought that the sacks were primarily due to coverage than breakdowns by the OL. There just wasn't anyone open.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                      -Douglas MacArthur

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        Don't know if you guys listened to Brian Broaudus on ESPN yesterday. Interesting comments.

                        He did say that Romo was obviously off target on a few throws. However, he stressed the point very firmly that outside of those few obvious bad throws, there was very little seperation by the WRs. He gave a lot of credit to Denver.

                        He also said that he thought that the sacks were primarily due to coverage than breakdowns by the OL. There just wasn't anyone open.
                        Good point. But that's what happens when you don't have fast/quick WRs.

                        They had LBs on our WRs. DJ Williams was owning Roy.

                        Just goes back to what I've been saying about us needing to run the ball (honestly). I don't even know if we even have a play designed out of the I formation. lol. I fear the same will keep happening until we get teams to put 8 in the box.

                        Comment


                        • Maybe so. The more I listened to him, the more I thought that there may be something to this Denver defense.

                          There aren't many teams out there that have a Champ Bailey and a Brian Dawkins. Their LBers are also pretty fast and athletic.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                          -Douglas MacArthur

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            Maybe so. The more I listened to him, the more I thought that there may be something to this Denver defense.

                            There aren't many teams out there that have a Champ Bailey and a Brian Dawkins. Their LBers are also pretty fast and athletic.
                            Dawkins plays his best games of the year when he plays the Cowboys. He literally lives for those days. I wish we had a Brian Dawkins. The guy is a maniac.

                            Comment


                            • Would you be willing to trade Felix and our 1st to move into the top 5-8 to get a stud safety? Just asking.




                              The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                              Comment


                              • Of course not. Felix's upside trumps that of anything we have at RB. He can be real special, one of the best in the league, imo. He just needs to stay healthy of course. I'd be fine with trading Barber or Choice down the road but, no way would I trade Felix for anything.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information