This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Of course not. Felix's upside trumps that of anything we have at RB. He can be real special, one of the best in the league, imo. He just needs to stay healthy of course. I'd be fine with trading Barber or Choice down the road but, no way would I trade Felix for anything.
    I agree he's a special talent but I'm worried we won't ever be able to count on him with his injury history so far. I love Felix, when he's on the field.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• If Felix misses the 2nd half of the season, then I say yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        If Felix misses the 2nd half of the season, then I say yes.
        If Felix misses more games, the label will be final that he is soft. He won't be worth much to anyone but the Cowboys.

But if comes back this week and averages 8 YPC doing 20 carries a game ... you could trade him for a boatload.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
            Would you be willing to trade Felix and our 1st to move into the top 5-8 to get a stud safety? Just asking.
            I'd never trade Felix, ever, especially not to just move up spots in the draft. The injury concerns worry me, and he's rightfully labeled as injury prone right now, getting hurt so soon last year, then this year he's been hurt like twice already(last year he had 2 seperate injuries as well) but I'm willing to give him more time.

He's unlike anything I've seen any other team have currently to this point, as much as I like Chris Johnson even he doesn't possess what CJ has, and knowing our offense doesn't really have that element without him, he's far more valuable to us.

It's scary to think about what he, and this offense could be with him getting a healthy 20 touches a game at least, but at this point I'd rather just keep him for ourselves and if he can never stay on the field so be it, I'd take that risk knowing what he brings to the table.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              Don't know if you guys listened to Brian Broaudus on ESPN yesterday. Interesting comments.

He did say that Romo was obviously off target on a few throws. However, he stressed the point very firmly that outside of those few obvious bad throws, there was very little seperation by the WRs. He gave a lot of credit to Denver.

He also said that he thought that the sacks were primarily due to coverage than breakdowns by the OL. There just wasn't anyone open.
              I remember some analyst(not sure who, maybe Dungy I believe) blasting Romo for that early fumble. Now I hate the turnover machine he can be, but come on. There was no one open yet, and the guy released completely free off of the edge to his blindside, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady fumbles that ball 100 times out of 100 if it happens to them.

I understand some criticism of Tony, but some I have no idea where it comes from. He has some of the best pocket presence in the league and he's shown it time and time again, but plays like that you can't expect the QB to do much about it.

Comment

• I picked up Miles Austin as my #3 WR as a bye week replacement but now Crayton is available. Who do you think will have the better day with Roy out?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                  I picked up Miles Austin as my #3 WR as a bye week replacement but now Crayton is available. Who do you think will have the better day with Roy out?
                  If you want safe points go with Crayton, if you want upside for a huge day go Austin, I'd prefer Austin honestly though but you never really know who is going to score. Could be a day where the RB's and TE's rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                    I picked up Miles Austin as my #3 WR as a bye week replacement but now Crayton is available. Who do you think will have the better day with Roy out?
                    Crayton has the higher floor, but Austin has the higher ceiling. No one can tell who will be better outside of a guess in the dark.

Comment

• Thanks guys, guess I'll stick with Austin.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• I'm a little disappointed that Austin will be starting, instead of Hurd. But atleast Hurd should see some more action. So much for Wade saying he earned more PT in camp, he barely plays.

This could mean Scandrick returning kicks. bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

I'm a little disappointed that Austin will be starting, instead of Hurd. But atleast Hurd should see some more action. So much for Wade saying he earned more PT in camp, he barely plays.

This could mean Scandrick returning kicks. bleh.
                          I'm not. Hurd's lack of speed killed our win. Despite having good hands, he's just not NFL material. He looked like a pedestrian running after the catch. ...and if matched up against Brandon Flowers, there's no way Hurd gains an inch of separation. (exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Austin needs to be involved more and we need to utilize his speed. He's our only hope for that this season. No one else can stretch the field like he can.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            I'm not. Hurd's lack of speed killed our win. Despite having good hands, he's just not NFL material. He looked like a pedestrian running after the catch. ...and if matched up against Brandon Flowers, there's no way Hurd gains an inch of separation. (exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Austin needs to be involved more and we need to utilize his speed. He's our only hope for that this season. No one else can stretch the field like he can.
                            Puhlease. "not NFL material" wow. Dont be surprised if he's the leading receiver this week.

You ever see a Houshmanzadeh run or a Cotchery run? Or I dont know, most starting "possession receivers"? Hurd is no slower than these guys.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-09-2009, 06:37 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Puhlease. "not NFL material" wow. Dont be surprised if he's the leading receiver this week.
                              He just might be one of the slowest receivers in the game. ...I will be surprised if he's the leading receiver this week. He's never been the leading receiver for us. So that'd be a first.

Comment

• You cant be watching a lot of football if you think he's one of the slowest receivers in the game. He really is no slower than the guys I listed or most "possession receivers".

If you wanted to help his case...the fact that he is always the first or second player to the ball on the ST units doesnt hurt, either.

He's really not that slow, he's a long strider who can cover a lot of ground. What was it a year or two ago? When he was constantly being targeted in camp as a deep receiver. Every trick play with Crayton throwing or w/e, was always going deep to Hurd. His speed is just fine.
                                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-09-2009, 06:41 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information