This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fryman
    I don't know how many of you watch Parcells press conferences, but today he said he wants to try Damarius Bilbo at safety.
    I heard that, sounds like a long shot at best but it's worth a shot. That would be like a plan c or d though.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
      Originally posted by Modano
      I think we'll se a lot of Kevin Burnett against the Falcons.. We need speed and quickness against Vick..
      When our nickel we'll be on the field i think Burnett we'll spy Vick..
      I disagree...no LB in this league can spy Vick its pointless. We need to use containment tactics. Similar to the way that NO did to us. Which means bringing 5 guys....with OLB's holding containment. We don't have to speed to deal with him outside the pocket.

That's not true at all. Kam Wimberly did an excellent job this year for the Browns. Tampa always does a good job. I'm sure Parcells will be looking at that Browns game footage very carefully.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
      Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
        Originally posted by fryman
        I don't know how many of you watch Parcells press conferences, but today he said he wants to try Damarius Bilbo at safety.
        I heard that, sounds like a long shot at best but it's worth a shot. That would be like a plan c or d though.
        yeah it's a long shot, but we have youth at WR. If there is a chance you could find a spot for somebody who doesn't really have a shot to make the team at his current position, then you have to take it.

Comment

• Smells like a desperation move to me. I don't like it.

We might as well go FS in the first, get some top-notch talent, and drop Elam.

Call me an idiot, but drafting Michael Griffin would be pretty funny. We'd have two hard-hitting safeties in the backfield, and our coverage would go to ****, but come on... they're from Oklahoma and Texas. Roy and Griffin would attack each other like feral mountain goats.

Comment

• Hey, we haven't seen Texico around lately, have we?

Comment

• Originally posted by BX
              Hey, we haven't seen Texico around lately, have we?
              And I think not many have missed him either.

Comment

• How come the new stadium looks exactly like your old one :?:

Comment

• Originally posted by jagfan33
                  How come the new stadium looks exactly like your old one :?:
                  I think it has some of the same charm as Texas Stadium, but still a little different.

Comment

Well it has a similar hole in the roof, but can be covered up if needed. Other than that, there's almost nothing similar. It's 2 1/2 times bigger than our current stadium.

Comment

• Might sound like a weird thing to ask. But, anyone have a clip of Ware getting completely pwned by Addai?

Comment

That's not a coincidence that it bears a resemblence to Texas Stadium as Jerry wanted the new stadium to retain some of that old school feel with the similiar look with the hole in the roof. The hole in the roof is so iconic and symbolic of the Dallas Cowboys they had to make the new stadium resemble that a little bit to pay tribute and honor the great history of Texas Stadium and all the great teams that played there. However, like Ward said the new stadium will be a hell of a lot bigger and better. If you read the DMN article I linked to Jerry talks about keeping the hole in the roof look even though it will obviously be a retractable roof.

Comment

• I don't know if I believe this but apparently the Falcons are talking about using Vick some at RB because of the injuries to Dunn and Norwood. That would certainly present a unique challenge to our D.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                            I don't know if I believe this but apparently the Falcons are talking about using Vick some at RB because of the injuries to Dunn and Norwood. That would certainly present a unique challenge to our D.
                            I personally don't see this. I believe mora said it was to late in the season to be trying stuff like this. Even if this did happen it would only be for 5 plays max. This isn't the factor. We need to keep vick contained and we win.

Comment

• This week game and some other stuff

I personally thing the cowboys will come out playing. I think we have a shot at really beating this team up. I have to admit the longer it goes were Atlanta stays in the game the more I will get nervous. I think what the Saints game showed was that we need to play a complete game. I think the cowboys just were not ready to play and they got burned. Brees had a great game, but every QB has one and Brees is a good QB who took advantage of the Cowboys. I am more afraid of the NY Giants in the playoff than the Saints.

Questin.....Do you think we cut Owens in the offseason? if so who become a #1 WR. I personally think our offense is were it is because of him. WE might not like him, but he makes it easier for everybody else.
                              We cut him and we will become a another regualr team. IF we draft a WR.....it not like he is going to have an impact...WR take 2-3 years to develop. I think Sam Hurd may surprise....he is my darkhorse...but we are in a playoff drive and no game time for him until next year.

2007 DRAFT ---- DT or OT...........maybe a safety...I think Davies is gone next year.......I don't see him here.

I really like teh new stadium....I hope I can get to Dallas in the next two year and attend one game before they move. California fan here. IF anybody is from Dallas ...Is it hard to get game tickets............just asking......on game day............

Comment

• Re: This week game and some other stuff

Originally posted by chrlopez1
                                2007 DRAFT ---- DT or OT...........maybe a safety...I think Davies is gone next year.......I don't see him here.
                                No maybe in it for me. I want Reggie Nelson if he's there when we pick and we pass...I will personally go stab Parcells. He's a playmaker, has speed you can't teach, will allow Roy to play in the box and he can even return punts. Can probably man-up a TE even though that would leave Roy center field(scary thought).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information