Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
    Wait, wait, I want us to think here for a second. Austin was thrown at what, 10 to 12 times in the game, right? That has to be the most Romo has thrown to a receiver in a game this year. I wonder what Roy Williams would look like if he was thrown to 10 times a game.
    Romo seems habitual. If he finds a guy in a game, he sticks with him. Just like he did with Hurd down the stretch last week. If you drop an easy ball, he doesn't look your way again... we've seen that with Roy in the past and we saw it today with Crayton. Seems the same way with Witten. If they are connecting, he keeps going to the well.

    I dunno... am I misreading that?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Romo seems habitual. If he finds a guy in a game, he sticks with him. Just like he did with Hurd down the stretch last week. If you drop an easy ball, he doesn't look your way again... we've seen that with Roy in the past and we saw it today with Crayton. Seems the same way with Witten. If they are connecting, he keeps going to the well.

      I dunno... am I misreading that?
      I really think you are. I don't think i've ever seen him zone in with a receiver, ever, outside of today. I don't think he is partial to any one player, but what i do think is that he makes up his mind where he's going with the ball before the snap. Today, it worked, because Austin straight up beasted. All those yards were him breaking tackles, not Tony throwing amazing passes.

      But i do think Romo locks in on his WRs, and it has hurt us badly before. Two biggest times i can remember is this past week against Denver and that Pittsburgh game last year when he constantly went to Witten down the stretch.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        You have come up with like 10 different screwy ass trade proposals.
        I'm still waiting on proof for this one. I saw the excuse about the user names, but they should all be in this single thread if you care to find them. If you make a claim like that about one of our members, back it up.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Get off your ******* high horse old man, it was just a joke. I don't rub anyone's opinion in their face. Your little act is getting very old with me. You find something to complain about and you just go off on your typical rants.
          If Rob had made this post, you'd all be telling me to ban him.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Romo seems habitual. If he finds a guy in a game, he sticks with him. Just like he did with Hurd down the stretch last week. If you drop an easy ball, he doesn't look your way again... we've seen that with Roy in the past and we saw it today with Crayton. Seems the same way with Witten. If they are connecting, he keeps going to the well.

            I dunno... am I misreading that?
            I think for the most part yes. However, in week one he was distributing it around. Also, seems like most of his big throws are going to the right side. Has anyone else noticed that?

            Comment


            • I still believe this team has the talent to be a real factor.

              The problem is that a team, over time, takes on the personality of it's HC. This team doesn't have a killer instinct and are undisciplined. There is plenty of time to have developed a pattern here. This team will play one game that gives us great encouragement and the next week will look like hammered dog crap.

              This organization needs a guy like Holmgren that will kick some asses.

              As for on the field:

              1. Again, our safety play has been bad for years. It is easily our weakest position.

              2. How is it that it takes something like this to get Austin on the field. We have known for at least a year that he was one of our few WRs that has big play ability. How many games did we waste with Crayton's slow ass roaming around?

              3. Discipline, Discipline, Discipline. Pitiful.

              4. How can a defense play lights out for an entire game and then offenses simply march right down the field unabaded when the game is on the line?

              I don't care that we won; Wade needs to go. I'm not reactionary and I know that mid-season coaching changes are rare and there's a reason for that.

              However, does anyone think Wade will all of the sudden instill some discipline?

              I would can his ass, and tell Garrett this is his audition for the job. Tell him, I'm going after coach A, B or C in the offseason unless you take this team to the NFC Championship game. Period. If you don't, the entire staff will be turned over.
              Last edited by Macarthur; 10-12-2009, 10:29 AM.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


              -Douglas MacArthur

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                I still believe this team has the talent to be a real factor.

                The problem is that a team, over time, takes on the personality of it's HC. This team doesn't have a killer instinct and are undisciplined. There is plenty of time to have developed a pattern here. This team will play one game that gives us great encouragement and the next week will look like hammered dog crap.

                This organization needs a guy like Holmgren that will kick some asses.
                We had someone like that called Duane and he was run out of town by Media, Fans and Players.

                That is what happens when the results are not there and the General Manager/Owner/Coffee Maker wants all the credit.

                So when the team went 12-1, everyone one celebrated (including me) and forgot that it was 12-1 thanks to what Duane put in.

                Now Duane is gone, his hard work trashed in favor of Botox, his organizational work dismantled and the rot has infested the team much like what started in 1994 but really took fans and media a few years to "GET IT."

                Botox is simple repeating this process once more.
                Last edited by herniateddisc; 10-12-2009, 10:33 AM.

                Comment


                • I don't believe that's what happened with Bill. I think Bill was simply worn out. He even said so himself.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                  -Douglas MacArthur

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                    1. Again, our safety play has been bad for years. It is easily our weakest position.
                    How worried are you about your secondary against the Eagles' and Giants' passing attacks?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      How worried are you about your secondary against the Eagles' and Giants' passing attacks?
                      I can't stop staring at your avitar. :)

                      I am worried. We've already shown that we can't cover NYs WRs and Philly's are even more explosive.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                      -Douglas MacArthur

                      Comment


                      • the penalties will go away when you get rid of Flo.

                        He reminds me of Luke Petitgout. When we had Luke, we would often lead the league in penalties, bc he would jump alot to compensate for a bad back. Once we got rid of him, we became one of the better teams in the league with penalties.

                        Flo is what he is, he's going to get you penalties. He has to compensate for his speed by getting a good jump, and sometimes he jumps too early. Once you lose him, you'll see your penalties go down dramatically.

                        3-2 is still 3-2. Its ugly, but its still 3-2. As long as you guys stay healthy, you're in it.

                        I personally feel that winning ugly games is good for a team. You gotta learn how to win close games. Sometimes ugly can be good for you.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          the penalties will go away when you get rid of Flo.

                          He reminds me of Luke Petitgout. When we had Luke, we would often lead the league in penalties, bc he would jump alot to compensate for a bad back. Once we got rid of him, we became one of the better teams in the league with penalties.

                          Flo is what he is, he's going to get you penalties. He has to compensate for his speed by getting a good jump, and sometimes he jumps too early. Once you lose him, you'll see your penalties go down dramatically.

                          3-2 is still 3-2. Its ugly, but its still 3-2. As long as you guys stay healthy, you're in it.

                          I personally feel that winning ugly games is good for a team. You gotta learn how to win close games. Sometimes ugly can be good for you.

                          I agree with you that winning ugly can be a benefit sometimes. My issue is that this team has developed a pattern. They simply have too many "uglies".

                          You just can't win games against the good teams with turnovers, penalties and undisciplined play.

                          That play by Allen Ball is a perfect example. That is an extremely low fooball IQ play. The only way KC was going to get a first down there was a defensive penalty. The ball wasn't even catchable yet he still goes in for a "kill shot". Stupid, Stupid, Stupid play!
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                          -Douglas MacArthur

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            I still believe this team has the talent to be a real factor.

                            The problem is that a team, over time, takes on the personality of it's HC. This team doesn't have a killer instinct and are undisciplined. There is plenty of time to have developed a pattern here. This team will play one game that gives us great encouragement and the next week will look like hammered dog crap.

                            This organization needs a guy like Holmgren that will kick some asses.

                            As for on the field:

                            1. Again, our safety play has been bad for years. It is easily our weakest position.

                            2. How is it that it takes something like this to get Austin on the field. We have known for at least a year that he was one of our few WRs that has big play ability. How many games did we waste with Crayton's slow ass roaming around?

                            3. Discipline, Discipline, Discipline. Pitiful.

                            4. How can a defense play lights out for an entire game and then offenses simply march right down the field unabaded when the game is on the line?

                            I don't care that we won; Wade needs to go. I'm not reactionary and I know that mid-season coaching changes are rare and there's a reason for that.

                            However, does anyone think Wade will all of the sudden instill some discipline?

                            I would can his ass, and tell Garrett this is his audition for the job. Tell him, I'm going after coach A, B or C in the offseason unless you take this team to the NFC Championship game. Period. If you don't, the entire staff will be turned over.
                            Did you watch "Hard Knocks" last year when the Cowboys were on it? I keep remembering how after each preason game Wade would stand before the team and tell them the penalties they committed was on him. I kept thinking that's a bad message to send them, because at some point these guys have got to step up and take responsibility. But no, he was telling him that he would cover their a$$ even when they did stupid things. I wish my boss would do that for me when I screw up, but no, I have to be accountable.

                            That's a long way of saying that I agree with you; it's past time for Wade to go. He's probably a really nice guy, but he's not a good HC and he never will be. My only problem with dumping him mid-season is that he is also our defensive coordinator. I'm all for giving Garrett a tryout with no guarantees, but will fill in on offense? It's the same dilemma the 'Skins are facing with Zorn now.

                            Comment


                            • Yeah, that's a problem, but what's the alternative? Does anyone have confidence that Wade is going to significantly improve the defense as the season goes along? His history is actually quite the opposite. His history says that this team will get worse as the season goes along.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                              -Douglas MacArthur

                              Comment


                              • The playoffs will be a wannabee wishful thought if they continue with 13 freaking penalties per game.

                                The Dallas offense is still bleeding to death through holes they created themselves. If Wade can't fix it he deserves to be canned

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information