This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
    If Rob had made this post, you'd all be telling me to ban him.
    How exactly? I made a comment in jest, to a guy i feel comfortable enough joking with (Burns, NOT Rob), and he comes in talking about Jerry Jones and how i don't know football? That's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      That play by Allen Ball is a perfect example. That is an extremely low fooball IQ play. The only way KC was going to get a first down there was a defensive penalty. The ball wasn't even catchable yet he still goes in for a "kill shot". Stupid, Stupid, Stupid play!
      See, i disagree there. How can someone just lose their instinct on a play? If a WR is coming up straight towards you, and he jumps to make a catch, you have two choices. You either play the ball, or you play the man. If you play the ball, you run the risk of pass interference. If you play the man, you run the risk of getting completely ****** in the ass by the referees. That hit was NOT helmet to helmet, and for the referees to throw the flag in that situation, at that point in the game on a hit that was questionable AT BEST, is ludicrous.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        See, i disagree there. How can someone just lose their instinct on a play? If a WR is coming up straight towards you, and he jumps to make a catch, you have two choices. You either play the ball, or you play the man. If you play the ball, you run the risk of pass interference. If you play the man, you run the risk of getting completely ****** in the ass by the referees. That hit was NOT helmet to helmet, and for the referees to throw the flag in that situation, at that point in the game on a hit that was questionable AT BEST, is ludicrous.
        I agree that it was a bad call, but I still think it's a stupid play to even put it in the refs hands. Sorry. That is a stupid penalty. You know every week the refs all around the league are going to throw a flag if you get anywhere close to the helmet. You have to be smarter than that.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          The playoffs will be a wannabee wishful thought if they continue with 13 freaking penalties per game.

The Dallas offense is still bleeding to death through holes they created themselves. If Wade can't fix it he deserves to be canned
          But that's kinda my point. What gives you any indication that he will turn that around. Wade has coached here for over 35 games. I think we have plenty of history to go on. This is going to be 9-7 at best unless something drastic happens.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            WHY CAN'T THAT MAN BE A #1?????????????????????????????

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nice Call Bob. I hope Austin keeps this up!!!!
            He sure did look good, it was disturbing to see some of those early TD drops though, those are plays a big time WR makes, both TD's, so he's not quite there yet but he can blossom into a weapon.

Makes my sig quote look sexy too :D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I'm still not expecting playoffs, though it would be nice to make a Wildcard, but we are not even close to NYG at full strength or Philly right now.

Garrett is too disappointing, he doesn't get guys involved like he should, and honestly there are alot of O-coordinators who I think would do a much better job with our weapons.

What pisses me off the most about Wade is his expression after the continuous penalties, it's like he doesn't even know where he's at, he's not getting in players faces, making anyone accountable, and the team is never prepared. The sloppy play has been here since he has, that falls in line with coaching, and I can see that's never going to change with him here.

I just hope we can find a way to get Miles more involved as a #2 WR, Martellus Bennett alot more, and a 100% healthy Felix Jones. We are still a below average team right now but Felix is still the difference between a few wins we probably wouldn't have without him.

Comment

• ^^ I agree. Did anyone see Campo's reaction to the Alan Ball penalty? Then right after they showed Wade's. Huuuuuuuge difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  I'm still not expecting playoffs, though it would be nice to make a Wildcard, but we are not even close to NYG at full strength or Philly right now.
                  Oh well, it's way too early. As D once said, it's about getting hot at the right time. When the Giants won the SB, IIRC, they had to win their last few games to get in the playoffs. Last year the Cardinals sucked for a big part of november/december but they got to the SB.

As for the penalties, Parcells used to say that he didn't coach penalties. I don't think it's a matter of discipline, it's about players' attitude.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                    Oh well, it's way too early. As D once said, it's about getting hot at the right time. When the Giants won the SB, IIRC, they had to win their last few games to get in the playoffs. Last year the Cardinals sucked for a big part of november/december but they got to the SB.
                    Your right, just saying right now their teams are much better. I think we can turn it around, but there needs to be some drastic changes. We need to help out Romo alot more, he was making some great throws early and we weren't coming up with any big catches.

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                    ^^ I agree. Did anyone see Campo's reaction to the Alan Ball penalty? Then right after they showed Wade's. Huuuuuuuge difference.
                    I remember the exact play, and saying we needed more of that, then Wade just stands there lifeless, I think that stuff trickles on down, it's not like we need a screamer to be a good coach but I think players need a coach who will get in their face after a screw up. Take your headset off, go grab him in his chest before he even hits the sideline and chew him out, then go find him on the bench and do the same.

It's almost like penalties and screw ups are part of the game, those are the type of things that kill you in big games.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      I remember the exact play, and saying we needed more of that, then Wade just stands there lifeless, I think that stuff trickles on down, it's not like we need a screamer to be a good coach but I think players need a coach who will get in their face after a screw up. Take your headset off, go grab him in his chest before he even hits the sideline and chew him out, then go find him on the bench and do the same.
                      I do agree that we need that, i think it would change the whole attitude the team takes on the field. Sometimes it seems like the players think it's okay to keep making stupid mistakes. I want a Bill Cowher. I want our players to be scared to get spit all over their face from the head coach screaming at them. Who the hell is scared of Wade? I think he's more scared of his players turning on him if he rides them too much.

Comment

• I never noticed, but did Jenkins go back in the game yesterday after he was hurt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                          I'm still waiting on proof for this one. I saw the excuse about the user names, but they should all be in this single thread if you care to find them. If you make a claim like that about one of our members, back it up.
                          Ugh. I said I may be mistaken, which I still dont think I am. I'm not searching through a billion threads for this crap. I cant believe that you constantly side with Rob on everything now. I'm glad he has a fan.

Just because, we didnt report things doesnt mean he hasnt been a less than stellar fanmate. lolz. Everyone has their stories with Rob attacking them in some fashion. But now he is always the victim, according to you. bleh. You'd figure you would tend to lean toward the posters who havent been banned 20 times.

The constant bickering in here is so annoying. Everyone acts like a bunch of children.

We're all Cowboys fans, there shouldnt be so much hate.

edit...there, done editing this stupid post.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-12-2009, 04:13 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                            I never noticed, but did Jenkins go back in the game yesterday after he was hurt?
                            He did, he said he hurt his big toe and it was nothing serious.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I still cant believe how big a disappointment Bennett has been in the passing game. Granted he never gets targeted but, our offense isnt what I thought it would be.

And as for what you guys brought up earlier about Romo and finding his guy. I certainly believe it. If he has Witten going, he's looking at him all day. And yesterday, he was practically staring at Austin the entire time, or atleast looking at that side of the field the entire time after Austin got a few. I'm glad it worked yesterday but, he needs to actually start reading the field or he's bound to get in trouble again. We cant play the Chiefs defense every week.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ward
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ward
                                Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
                                To Ward: Was that response necessary? I think Al Davis is as bad as Jerry. You seemingly disagree. That is fine but I would leave it at that "Mr Moderator." PS, Moderator comes from the word "Moderate," try adhereing to it.
                                I am moderating, you seem to be a Raiders fan which would mean you are breaking the rules of this forum. Go post that in the Raiders team thread and discuss the rules. It would be in your best interest to read the rules before continuing in this conversation.
                                I was discussing the Cowboys Mr. Ward until you posted the "bull crap" line. Going forward, I would prefer if you put me on ignore unless I am doing something bad or abusive. Thanks.

This is an awesome post from way back in the day

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information