X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish i could tell who said what.

Comment

• Miles was just on ESPN and said after watching film, his routes really werent that good, he was just able to make plays after he caught it. Seemed really humble about it all

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Rob likes attention more then he does talking about football, you can tell from every one of his post, he's more concerned with telling people they were wrong about something and what he was right about.

I'm pretty sure there were legit reasons for all the times he's been banned but it sure does seem like he's getting pampered all of a sudden for some reason...I try to stay out of all that and just chime in w/ football talk but every few pages this comes up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I found an old post for you rob
          Originally posted by cowboysforever
          Originally posted by thule
          Originally posted by thule
          Given the chaos in Miami -- how about Dom Capers for DC?

Not HC, DC.
          I love capers I remember reading in a article about his work ethic. I don't have the article but wiki sums up what it said.

He was also famous because he kept a 17 hour per day work schedule and sleeping just five hours per night, often on a couch in his office.
          I also would seriously look at the NE staff, particularly the DB Coach. With the talent they have lost ... wow. To still be this good.
          If Parcells is still the coach...it will be one of his guys I'm afraid.
          TO for Jenkins straight up. We need a guy to throw fades and jump balls too.
          Maybe in madded :roll:

Comment

• Was he referring to... Michael.. Jenkins???

Comment

• Yes...I love going back in the thread and reading old arguements...so many stupid things were said by EVERYONE. It is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                Yes...I love going back in the thread and reading old arguements...so many stupid things were said by EVERYONE. It is awesome.
                I'm trying to go back to find some stuff i've said.. i'm pretty sure i've never said anything too ridiculous.

The biggest thing i can admit is thinking Felix was gonna bust. But i think a lot of us were wrong there, lol.

Comment

• I just realized that after 5 games we are averaging 420 ypg and 6.8 ypg both tops in the NFL. The problem is on third down were only converting 36.7% and we lead the league with 37 penalties. To think what we could do/be if we just played smarter.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                    I just realized that after 5 games we are averaging 420 ypg and 6.8 ypg both tops in the NFL. The problem is on third down were only converting 36.7% and we lead the league with 37 penalties. To think what we could do/be if we just played smarter.
                    Fixable things. It's why I'm ok with where we're at in the standings. If we lost to KC... yikes... things would be completely different.

Comment

Yes...I love going back in the thread and reading old arguements...so many stupid things were said by EVERYONE. It is awesome.
                      The sad part is I still rather have Mike Jenkins than TO.

And the context of that conversation which I remember vividly was:

1. Vick was floundering cuz he sucks
                      2. Rumors were ATL was looking for a WR to save Vick's career.
                      3. I hated TO and said trade him straight for Jenkins.
                      4. TO lived in ATL
                      5. Everyone HERE said the ATL WRs sucked including White and Jenkins
                      6. I said no, that Vick sucked not the WR

My memory is lots better than most. And fact is I was right there too. So much for Madden.

Find a new one sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Rob likes attention more then he does talking about football, you can tell from every one of his post, he's more concerned with telling people they were wrong about something and what he was right about.

I'm pretty sure there were legit reasons for all the times he's been banned but it sure does seem like he's getting pampered all of a sudden for some reason...I try to stay out of all that and just chime in w/ football talk but every few pages this comes up.
                        What is there to discuss, I don't blindly repeat what others say.

I generate my own analysis and conclusions.

So no sense in talking football with folks who regurjjjjjj Blogging the Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          He sure did look good, it was disturbing to see some of those early TD drops though, those are plays a big time WR makes, both TD's, so he's not quite there yet but he can blossom into a weapon.

Makes my sig quote look sexy too :D
                          I saw Witten drop a big pass yesterday just like Miles.

We see Roy drop them just like Austin.

We saw TO drop them just like Austin.

I just saw Braylon drop one just like Austin.

But since he is Austin and no one could translate what they saw to results .... they now still complain about his drops.

Of which two were simply not very good throws, catchable, but not so good..

I am still trying to find a WR who makes as much of the few opportunities he has been given.

Comment

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ward
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ward
                            Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
                            To Ward: Was that response necessary? I think Al Davis is as bad as Jerry. You seemingly disagree. That is fine but I would leave it at that "Mr Moderator." PS, Moderator comes from the word "Moderate," try adhereing to it.
                            I am moderating, you seem to be a Raiders fan which would mean you are breaking the rules of this forum. Go post that in the Raiders team thread and discuss the rules. It would be in your best interest to read the rules before continuing in this conversation.
                            I was discussing the Cowboys Mr. Ward until you posted the "bull crap" line. Going forward, I would prefer if you put me on ignore unless I am doing something bad or abusive. Thanks.

This is an awesome post from way back in the day
                            And my point still stands....

Al Davis is nuts and senile but he is 100XXXX the football man Jerrah is/was.

Comparing AL Davis to Jerry as a GM is like comparing Tom Landry to Dave Campo.

Saying so does not make me a Raiders fan in any fashion.

And last I check Al Davis was in a SB this decade, which is more than Jerrah can say.
                            Last edited by herniateddisc; 10-13-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Watching the Miami Dolphins play today made me sick.

It really says something about their O staff seeing them bring in players and formations constantly and they play smoothly, no mistakes, guys are in the right place....

Then I see the Cowboys and think .... god with our talent imagine if Sparano would have been given the JOB HE EARNED instead of bringing in Jerrah's lackey boy?

ANd BTW, I thought Sparano should have been promoted to OC in 2007 at minimum.

Pretty clear he kept them tighter and better drilled than Red and Meatball.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                                And my point still stands....

Al Davis is nuts and senile but he is 100XXXX the football man Jerrah is.

Comparing AL Davis to Jerry as a GM is like comparing Dave Campo to Tom Landry.
                                Wait....what?
                                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information