X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    Wait....what?
    Yes, Al Davis is lots more accomplished as a GM (Football Man) than Jones.

Al, today, is nuts but folks forget he was not always the case.

Memories are short but history was not invented yesterday.

And yes, Al has gone less time than Jerrah in winning a playoff game and going to the SB.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post

And yes, Al has gone less time than Jerrah in winning a playoff game and going to the SB.
      You're clearly a Raider fan, GTFO. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
        You're clearly a Raider fan, GTFO. :D
        Absolutely.

Anyway, poor Al. I feel bad for that entire organization. More concerned about finding ever-increasingly ornate jump suits and getting Al warm tea than finding and teaching players how to play. Sad.

God, how many top 5 picks have they simply blown in the last 5-6 years? Do they teach anything of value other than toking blunts in Oakland?

Good news however is if you run under 4.4 no matter how bad a football player you are -- you have a chance at drawing a check in Oakland.

Comment

Watching the Miami Dolphins play today made me sick.
          So I guess you missed the other Dolphins' games. Why weren't you talking about Sparano when he started the season 0-3?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
            So I guess you missed the other Dolphins' games. Why weren't you talking about Sparano when he started the season 0-3?
            Forrest and Trees.

Did you see how many Offensive Penalties and simply stupid plays they had?? Or better yet how they executed multiple personnel packages with relative ease? Or playing a Rookie QB and making him look good?

Did you see their schedule or even consider it? Or for that matter how they have actually played week-in, week-out? Or the fact they lost their starting QB? Or fact they are not nearly as talented as Dallas is?

But thanks for contributing!!!!!

PS. Sadly you believe Jerrah + Wade >>>>>>> Parcells + Sparano.

Enjoy the sun in Sardinia. Ever been to Napolean's castle-in-exile?
            Last edited by herniateddisc; 10-13-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Fixable things. It's why I'm ok with where we're at in the standings. If we lost to KC... yikes... things would be completely different.
              I agree that these are fixable things, but what gives you any confidence that this staff can do it? We've been looking at these same things for more than 2 seasons.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                But that's kinda my point. What gives you any indication that he will turn that around. Wade has coached here for over 35 games. I think we have plenty of history to go on. This is going to be 9-7 at best unless something drastic happens.
                Thank you, Mac. That was my point too, 13 freaking penalties per game is on the coaches & several underachieving players, we know who they are.

And it's the elephant in the living room. It's apparent to the entire NFL that this is a very badly coached team. If Jerry Jones isn't on the phone to Shanahan's agent or any other available NFL HC's agent that won't result in tampering charges, he's just not trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  Thank you, Mac. That was my point too, 13 freaking penalties per game is on the coaches & several underachieving players, we know who they are.

And it's the elephant in the living room. It's apparent to the entire NFL that this is a very badly coached team. If Jerry Jones isn't on the phone to Shanahan's agent or any other available NFL HC's agent that won't result in tampering charges, he's just not trying.
                  The elephant in the room is Jones himself.

We are on a merry-go-round with his nut.

Comment

• Okay Rob-I have defended you in the past. But saying Al Davis is a better football guy than Jerry? You are just being a shock jock now. I wont defend Jerry, but Al is the worst in the league! Only Matt Millen (WHo is not in football anymore) has been worse in the last few years, off the top of my head.

Prove my point? I don't have to prove anything. I will just say this...

Darius Heyward Bey

JaMarcus Russell

Whoever the heck it was they drafted in the second round this year

The guy has gone completely nuts.
                    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Al Davis has done more for football than Jerry ever has. Come on now guys.

Im not trying to sound like a hater, but seriously, go back and look at what Al Davis has done for football. Not just as an owner, but as an innovator on the football field.

Davis has forgotten more about football (literally) than Jerry Jones ever knew.

Don't let the present fool you. Its a shame what Al's senility has done to his perception as a football guy. He was one of the best in the business for a long long time.

Comment

• I loved Bill Parcells and what he did for us. I defended Parcells like no other in my debates with kwhy. I will respect him forever for what he did here.

However, I'm ok with his departure. Why? Because he did here all that he could. We were at the point that we hit the plateau. Had we had won a playoff game, perhaps you could say that we were still on the incline under his reign. But we didn't. He's a fixer upper, but he's not a finisher. Him leaving on his own despite Jerry wanting him back was just the way Parcells wanted it. Plus, he was too tired of coaching. It had become a task beneath him. He wasn't motivated to do it like he was when he was younger. He was more interested in managing player personnel. He wanted GM responsibilities.

Sparano was a great OL coach, and he looks like a good HC too. But we needed someone who could continue to develop our 3-4 defense and Sparano didn't fit that bill. Secondly, I'm not a fan of the wildcat offense and would be pretty pissed today if that's would our offense looked like. So I'm not missing him at all.

Comment

• Parcells wouldve finished what he started if age wasn't a factor. He was just too old to coach anymore. His track record speaks for itself. I think the 3 things that held him back were age, not finding his qb until it was too late, and being forced to make Roy Williams work.

I fell in love with the wild cat yesterday. Its not just a gimic, it works. I'll probably make a thread on it tomorrow if i have some free time. Yesterday's game opened my eyes on how innovative and exciting that offense is.

You gotta love Parcells. Everyone is trying to put more and more owness on the passing game and the qb, and BP, Sparano and Henning found an innovative way to make the qb an afterthought.

Just wait until they get Pat White up to speed. With all the formations of the wildcat, plus a qb who can throw out of it, with the speed of Ginn plus the screen play ability of the TEs and WRs out of the formation, this is a very exciting offense.

I love what he did with Miami. First he innovated the 3-4, now he's innovating the run game. Gotta love BP.

Comment

PS. Sadly you believe Jerrah + Wade >>>>>>> Parcells + Sparano.

Enjoy the sun in Sardinia. Ever been to Napolean's castle-in-exile?
                            And can you tell me when I said, exaclty, that? I said that Parcells days in Dallas were over and we needed a change.

P.S.: Napoleon was exiled to Elba which has nothing to do with Sardinia.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

How has Al done more than Jerry? Both have 3 Super Bowls, and Jerry has been owner of the Cowboys for a much shorter time. You can say that he's gone shorter than winning a playoff game, but how good has the Raiders been since that time period? At least Jerry has put together a competitive enough team to make the playoffs 5 times since then while the Raiders are consistently picking in the top 10 of the draft.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                                Okay Rob-I have defended you in the past. But saying Al Davis is a better football guy than Jerry? You are just being a shock jock now. I wont defend Jerry, but Al is the worst in the league! Only Matt Millen (WHo is not in football anymore) has been worse in the last few years, off the top of my head. Prove my point? I don't have to prove anything. I will just say this... Darius Heyward Bey JaMarcus Russell Whoever the heck it was they drafted in the second round this year The guy has gone completely nuts.
                                Anyone who thinks Jerry Jones has the history or track record of AL Davis in the football world as a FOOTBALL MAN are simply ignorant. You have no idea what you are talking about. You act as if history was invented yesterday.

Like telling me Riddick Boew is a better boxer than Ali -- yeah maybe right now -- but please do not compare historical importance or accomplishments.

This is an asinine conversation only a Cowboys fan would engage in all in a sily effort to defend their Team.
                                Last edited by herniateddisc; 10-13-2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information