Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I hate seeing Davis out there at safety, he is our best special teams player. The Bradie James of the special teams as you will, the heart. He has no business out there covering the deep ball, but he is good in run support, so I wouldn't want to see him leave.

Comment

• Do yall think we should blitz Vick much or would that open up too many rushing lanes for him? We have to get pressure on him but I think we'd be better off playing conservative and let Vick try to beat us with his arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
        Do yall think we should blitz Vick much or would that open up too many rushing lanes for him? We have to get pressure on him but I think we'd be better off playing conservative and let Vick try to beat us with his arm.
        I say no blitz, they got film from last week where we exposed to the short screens and dump offs. Being to aggressive will fall into that, and they have the personnel to the same thing the Saints did.

Comment

• Demarius Bilbo played the role of Michael Vick in practice all week. I wonder how fast Bilbo is?

FYI: Cowboysplus.com is apparently free for the next 3 months which means you get all the DMN cowboys stuff for free.

Comment

• LOL Bilbo.

Comment

• This game and the Giants/Eagles game has serious playoff implications. If the Giants win and Dallas loses, we're on top again. If we both win, Falcons are looking out of it. If you win and we lose, Philly is looking to be the wild card. This week is gonna be huge.

Plus, with Seattle losing, your game puts you in the driver's seat to be the 3 seed. The NFC is ugly, and its about to get uglier. We'll all have a better idea of what to expect after this week.

Comment

• So, it finally ends.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5781

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                Albert Camus

Comment

• If Terence Newman doesn't make the pro bowl this year it will truely be a travesty of justice and prove the pro bowl is really nothing more than a popularity contest. I would hope the players and coaches are smart enough to vote for him but I don't think most fans except Cowboys fans and fans of other NFC East teams really realize how great he's been the last two seasons. With the exception of his sophomore slump in 04 which can be at least partly blamed on a nagging leg injury he had that year Newman has arguabely deserved to go the pro bowl every year.

I know this is pretty off topic but Darren Woodson is quickly becoming one of the best NFL analysts on TV and is probably already the second best on ESPN behind only Tom Jackson. I hope Woody gets the MNF analysts job if and when they get rid of Theisman who is terrible.

Comment

• Dont know if it has been posted but Who is Tony Romo is on Nfl Network tonight...it should be good

Comment

• Originally posted by MeEtMeAtTheStAr
                      Dont know if it has been posted but Who is Tony Romo is on Nfl Network tonight...it should be good
                      I'm TiVoing it.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                        If Terence Newman doesn't make the pro bowl this year it will truely be a travesty of justice and prove the pro bowl is really nothing more than a popularity contest.
                        I feel bad for you if you're just finding this out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeEtMeAtTheStAr
                          Dont know if it has been posted but Who is Tony Romo is on Nfl Network tonight...it should be good
                          I watched it. It was a very good piece. If any of you haven't seen it, you should.
                          "Red Ball"

Comment

• Good afternoon.

Read the posts last few days and still don't get why some combination of moving Henry to FS won't work. They played Glenn back there a few times and he looked good.

Watkins, if the answer, would solve the FS problem but if not here is a proposal that does not require an FA or day 1 DB pick.

Henry to FS
                            Jones or Reeves to CB
                            Glenn is nickel
                            Elam is back up SS
                            Watkins is back up FS
                            Trade Davis to NO -- he is a better SS than they currently have
                            Get Williams to drop 15 pounds to 20 -- word is he is playing 230 and he reaction speed shows it.

Today's NFL safeties need to cover. With the drastic evolution of the TE's athletic ability and the 4/5 WR sets you can't expect otherwise. Can't go 3-4 CB every time they spread you out.

To me what Buffalo and Oakland have done in the secondary is the way DB play is evolving.

The day of the 230 lbs SS is over and even the lost talented (Taylor in DC) gets exposed in coverage.

Comment

• As yet to get why the SOLB has to cover the TE b/c Roy.

Any to LB should be able to stick with any TE in the short and intermediate routes. First.

Roy could then roam a little more and do what he does best at the LOS. Second.

Parts should be almost interchangable.

Look at Pitt with their speed and coverage skills at LB in the 3-4 and then look at TP's play as a result at safety.

This to me is the best template to max Roy's skills while playing better overall D.

Comment

• I don't want Jones or Reeves anywhere near the starting line-up. Why put Henry at FS? We could just draft Reggie Nelson. If we do move Henry to FS I really like Josh Wilson too. But I do agree with Roy needing to lose weight, we just don't have anyone that can man cover a TE. Well we don't have a LB or SS that can. I wish we signed Julian Peterson!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information