This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Number-94
    I don't want Jones or Reeves anywhere near the starting line-up. Why put Henry at FS? We could just draft Reggie Nelson. If we do move Henry to FS I really like Josh Wilson too. But I do agree with Roy needing to lose weight, we just don't have anyone that can man cover a TE. Well we don't have a LB or SS that can. I wish we signed Julian Peterson!
    Nelson is starting to seem like he may be a top 20 pick.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• All this moving position talk is unrealistic and uninformed. Henry is one of the best #2 corners in the league. Stop playing Madden and actually watch some football. This crap is ruining our thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
        All this moving position talk is unrealistic and uninformed. Henry is one of the best #2 corners in the league. Stop playing Madden and actually watch some football. This crap is ruining our thread.
        I don't believe it's ruining our thread. He's spouting off. Nothing wrong with that. He's just trying to find solutions to the issues we have. You and I may not agree, but he's entitled to do it.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
        Albert Camus

Comment

• Since Roy's strength is obviously in the box and not deep in coverage maybe we should use a little 46 and basically use him as an extra LB on first and second down. We should blitz Roy a lot more often so we can manufacture a pass rush as Ware by himself can't get it done without help. Is this too unrealistic?

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
            Since Roy's strength is obviously in the box and not deep in coverage maybe we should use a little 46 and basically use him as an extra LB on first and second down. We should blitz Roy a lot more often so we can manufacture a pass rush as Ware by himself can't get it done without help. Is this too unrealistic?
            PROBLEM: In the 46 you better have a damn good free safety (Ed Reed). We just have Keith Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by dpl85
              Since Roy's strength is obviously in the box and not deep in coverage maybe we should use a little 46 and basically use him as an extra LB on first and second down. We should blitz Roy a lot more often so we can manufacture a pass rush as Ware by himself can't get it done without help. Is this too unrealistic?
              PROBLEM: In the 46 you better have a damn good free safety (Ed Reed). We just have Keith Davis.
              Yeah that's a good point, that's why we desperately need to upgrade the FS spot. Yall think Parrish can play FS effectively? Does anyone remember who played the all important FS spot for the 85 Bears?

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                Originally posted by Ward
                Originally posted by dpl85
                Yeah that's a good point, that's why we desperately need to upgrade the FS spot. Yall think Parrish can play FS effectively? Does anyone remember who played the all important FS spot for the 85 Bears?
                Gary Fencik was their FS. IIRC Excellent cover man and could tackle, was a ballhawk. Didn't really pay attention to football till '86. So I don't really remember, but if I had to put money on a person it would be Gary.

Comment

• Hey guys, I can't watch the game, so Im hoping you guys really pay close attention because Im curious to see how the Cowboys come out this time.

If you can, pay extra attention to the following.

- Ware's pass rush
                  - The play of the 3 downlinemen on defense
                  - The defensive scheme (ie man or zone, blitzing or passive)
                  - Romo, will he make more reads, will he improve his game or has he plateaued
                  - Will you guys increase the running load
                  - Roy Williams coverage

Those are the things Im curious about. Any info on any of those things would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Hey guys, I can't watch the game, so Im hoping you guys really pay close attention because Im curious to see how the Cowboys come out this time.

- Ware's pass rush
                    - Roy Williams coverage

Those are the things Im curious about. Any info on any of those things would be appreciated.
                    I won't be able to see it either unfortunately, unless my uncle and cousin decide to go to a bar and take me along.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      Hey guys, I can't watch the game, so Im hoping you guys really pay close attention because Im curious to see how the Cowboys come out this time.

- Ware's pass rush
                      - Roy Williams coverage

I won't be able to see it either unfortunately, unless my uncle and cousin decide to go to a bar and take me along.
                      That sucks yall can't watch it, I'll try to provide updates as often as possible.

Comment

• Just a quick question before the game. When Tyson Thompson comes back next year. Who gets the KR job in your opinion? Tyson or Miles Austin?

I don't know although Austin is really leaps and bounds better then I thought he would be.

Comment

• Norwood is out per NFL Network.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number-94
                            Just a quick question before the game. When Tyson Thompson comes back next year. Who gets the KR job in your opinion? Tyson or Miles Austin?

I don't know although Austin is really leaps and bounds better then I thought he would be.
                            I'm really torn. I like Austin a bit more, but I'm not really sure who will do it. If I had my choice, Austin, but obviously, it's not my decision.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Pat Watkins and Oliver Hoyte are starting per Mosely's blog. Tony Parrish is inactive.

Comment

• TOUCHDOWN TO!!! He beat Hall. Tony has calmed down after a somewhat shaky start. He's completed to Witten and Glenn and TO and Polite.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information