Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question:how does miles austin emergence change the way defenses attack the cowboys? who on the cowboys needs to win their 1-1 battles for the cowboys to succeed?

don't know enough about defenses to understand what this does to the gameplan.

noticed on most of austin's big plays. he's ran a deep route, then comeback. so i've seen defense plays with the cb on the outside and lb on the inside. the cb on the outside and safety on the inside.

there's a play in the atlanta/dallas game, i think
    2nd Quarter
    2nd-9, ATL26 0:28 T. Romo passed to M. Austin down the middle for 17 yard gain

where romo has to make an accurate throw around the linebacker which illustrates this coverage.

then cb on outside and safety on deep inside.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yux4x...layer_embedded

but with defenses already bracketing/rushing from witten's side.

can defenses still play against the run in a 2te set?

if so, who has to emerge? will roy williams be in 1-1 coverage? will benett have to emerge? or does felix jones need to be used in space to beat this?

against the giants, the gaints kept safeties deep.

the broncos have such a good secondary they left them to play. then with their quick linebackers they were able to provide coverage and run support. then denver's dline held up strong against the cowboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
      Question:how does miles austin emergence change the way defenses attack the cowboys? who on the cowboys needs to win their 1-1 battles for the cowboys to succeed?

don't know enough about defenses to understand what this does to the gameplan.

noticed on most of austin's big plays. he's ran a deep route, then comeback. so i've seen defense plays with the cb on the outside and lb on the inside. the cb on the outside and safety on the inside.

there's a play in the atlanta/dallas game, i think
      2nd Quarter
      2nd-9, ATL26 0:28 T. Romo passed to M. Austin down the middle for 17 yard gain

where romo has to make an accurate throw around the linebacker which illustrates this coverage.

then cb on outside and safety on deep inside.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yux4x...layer_embedded

but with defenses already bracketing/rushing from witten's side.

can defenses still play against the run in a 2te set?

if so, who has to emerge? will roy williams be in 1-1 coverage? will benett have to emerge? or does felix jones need to be used in space to beat this?

against the giants, the gaints kept safeties deep.

the broncos have such a good secondary they left them to play. then with their quick linebackers they were able to provide coverage and run support. then denver's dline held up strong against the cowboys.
      What is the question again?

Comment

• Wow Cowboyz...I have no idea what that post says.

On another note I think we see a big week from RW this week...if there is one thing to love about this guy, is that he holds himself accountable. I expect to see a TD.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          Wow Cowboyz...I have no idea what that post says.

On another note I think we see a big week from RW this week...if there is one thing to love about this guy, is that he holds himself accountable. I expect to see a TD.
          Question:how does miles austin emergence change the way defenses attack the cowboys? and what will the cowboys do?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          the rest of the post is just what i think is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            Does anyone else notice that when Tony throws to Roy, a lot of his passes are erratic? Yet, he throws to Miles and he's spot on every, single, time.

Tony hates Roy!!!!!!!

jk ;)

The first part there really is some truth to it, now it's hard to say whose at fault for that, or who needs to improve or get on the right page, but it is noticeable.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I think his emergence is very meaningful. One thing teams have done early this year is bracketing Witten a lot. I think the emergence of Austin makes the 2 TE sets even more effective now. The safeties have to respect Witten and Bennett plus the running game. Now Austin on the outside makes it even more difficult. There are very few CBs that can shut him down so I think you will see teams start to roll coverage to Austin, which means Witten and Bennett should see more favorable matchups again.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I am so interested to see how the Cowboys come out this weekend. This game should show where this team is headed. And based on talent, the we should kill the Seahags.

I am looking for a big game from the runningbacks. I want them to show Julius Jones what he was supposed to have been.

I would say that althought we are a much better team than the hags, the key to a blowout will be quarterback pressure. If our defense is back (which they seem to be) I am predicting a slaughter.

Cowboys 35-Seahags 13.

There is no turning back on my prediction now.
                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  I think his emergence is very meaningful. One thing teams have done early this year is bracketing Witten a lot. I think the emergence of Austin makes the 2 TE sets even more effective now. The safeties have to respect Witten and Bennett plus the running game. Now Austin on the outside makes it even more difficult. There are very few CBs that can shut him down so I think you will see teams start to roll coverage to Austin, which means Witten and Bennett should see more favorable matchups again.
                  Another of the many thousands of good reasons they said Not No But Hell No to the Martellus Bennett to Cincy trade offer.

Good article btw, crisco.

Does anyone else notice that when Tony throws to Roy, a lot of his passes are erratic? Yet, he throws to Miles and he's spot on every, single, time.

Tony hates Roy!!!!!!!
                  MS17 was joking, but he points up a comparison that is obvious to fans & to the Cowboys coaches: one of them runs precise routes & comes back for the ball, the other runs willynilly or lackluster routes pretty much wherever he wants. You guess who is who.

Maybe in Seattle Sunday they will figure out that the fade route in the end zone when they're 1st & goal inside the 10 isn't the answer. The Seahawks lost one of their best defensive players on IR last wk, so Dallas looks to be having those chances. And there will be slants & skinny posts open aplenty to the TEs all day
                  Last edited by LizardState; 10-30-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post

Tony hates Roy!!!!!!!

jk ;)
                    Austin has been on the team what? 4 years? Roy... barely 1? Is it that suprising that the timing is not as on point?

Comment

• I've been lurking here for a couple years. Long time cowboys fan. Lots to add, enjoy most of you guys' post. Figured I'd finally start adding my own thoughts.
                      Who are you guys rooting for in this Giants/Eagles game?...Eagles win things tighten up, but we have a shot at first.... giants win, they open a bigger lead, but we're in better position for wild card. I didn't even think we had a shot to win the division realistically at the start of the season, but things obviously change.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                        I've been lurking here for a couple years. Long time cowboys fan. Lots to add, enjoy most of you guys' post. Figured I'd finally start adding my own thoughts.
                        Who are you guys rooting for in this Giants/Eagles game?...Eagles win things tighten up, but we have a shot at first.... giants win, they open a bigger lead, but we're in better position for wild card. I didn't even think we had a shot to win the division realistically at the start of the season, but things obviously change.
                        Welcome to the forum! I hope you know what you're getting into. haha.

So tell us why you chose that username? I think Philly wins easily as a matter of fact. Giants aren't as good as I thought they were and Philly is better than I thought they were.

Comment

• No particular reason for the user name. Couldn't think of anything else.

The Giants are struggling obviously, but I'm not going to count them out just yet. That'd be foolish. The offense is a work in progress just like ours, I expect them to have great games and bad ones....I don't know what they are yet. A bit overrated obviously, but not by much.

Same goes for the Eagles too honestly. McNabb hasn't been the best against the blitz, and while they arguably have the best offensive weapons in the East, it hasn't all come together yet.
                          I really want to see Austin/Roy/Felix up against Philly's defense though, and Jenkins/Tnew against Desean/Maclin/co. Tnew seemingly plays better against the smaller, quicker wide outs, so it should be an interesting matchup.

Comment

• The Eagles/Giants game is a tough one to pick. If Philly wins they get momentum and another division win before hosting Dallas at home. If NY wins they keep a one game lead over the Cowboys.

I'd rather have the Giants win. The Cowboys will have to take care of business no matter what in the coming weeks, but Philly doesn't need any momentum against the Cowboys. They've already got a mental edge in that shithole they call a stadium, so coming off two straight wins against divisional opponents would give them a mindset the Cowboys don't want to see.

On the plus side they do play three straight divisional opponents. It's hard to beat all three in the East consecutively, so if the Eagles do win this week, they've got a serious challenge ahead of them to beat Dallas. Not only are East games so grueling, but to go through that three straight weeks is asking for a loss or two.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                              No particular reason for the user name. Couldn't think of anything else.

The Giants are struggling obviously, but I'm not going to count them out just yet. That'd be foolish. The offense is a work in progress just like ours, I expect them to have great games and bad ones....I don't know what they are yet. A bit overrated obviously, but not by much.

Same goes for the Eagles too honestly. McNabb hasn't been the best against the blitz, and while they arguably have the best offensive weapons in the East, it hasn't all come together yet.
                              I really want to see Austin/Roy/Felix up against Philly's defense though, and Jenkins/Tnew against Desean/Maclin/co. Tnew seemingly plays better against the smaller, quicker wide outs, so it should be an interesting matchup.
                              I love our match up against the Eagles defense...especially w/out Dawkins.

The race in the East will go down to the wire. I had the Giants cruising through the division in the preaseason with like an 11 or 12 win season. That's why I said they aren't as good as I thought they were. I also had Philly 3rd in the division and I think they are better than that. Gonna be interesting for sure.

With no deep safety worth a darn, Philly is gonna expose the Giants this week. I really don't expect that close of a game.

Comment

• I can't help but think that I wish the Eagles were scheduled earlier in the season. It seems like we can never beat them later on in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information