This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    How about we wait until after the Eagles game before talking about how many playoff games Wade needs to come back on next year? The team has to take things one game at a time. The Eagles at home are a huge foe, and this game is for tops in the division right now. The Cowboys focus should be on that atrocious 44-6 beating that happened last season. It's far too early to wonder who will be coaching next season. There are still 9 games left to play, and if things go well then there is the playoffs. That's if things go well. Nothing is guaranteed here.
    :roll: There's been talk about replacing Wade since the season started. We're fans, we control nothing....we can speculate all we want, and that's what I was doing. It's the players jobs to be prepared week in and out. If we want to speculate on whether Jimmy Johnson will come back to lead the Cowboys to a Superbowl in 2015, then that's our right. I'm sure you've posted on who you want to replace Wade somewhere on these boards, so why can't others post the opposite?

Comment

• Actually, Eman is right. The off season will be long, and there will be plenty of time to discuss coaches then. We are in the playoff hunt right now.

But it is hard not to talk about it right now for some, and I am one of them.
      I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
        How about we wait until after the Eagles game before talking about how many playoff games Wade needs to come back on next year? The team has to take things one game at a time. The Eagles at home are a huge foe, and this game is for tops in the division right now. The Cowboys focus should be on that atrocious 44-6 beating that happened last season. It's far too early to wonder who will be coaching next season. There are still 9 games left to play, and if things go well then there is the playoffs. That's if things go well. Nothing is guaranteed here.

It's definately not too early to talk about, and it's still a likely situation we may encounter in the off-season.

Of course we have the Eagles next, but that's what the players should be focusing on, us as fans can can speculate about those sort of things just like we can discuss the 2010 draft a year away.

If you don't think there will be at lease some coaching changes in the off-season, then you must think were going to win the super bowl, and I'm not there yet.

It's certainly not far too early to be wondering about coaching changes at all though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Dallas will beat Philly this weekend. It will be a close game and there will be some big plays on both sides.

Romo will throw a pick. Jason Witten will get a TD. Miles Austin will not. Felix Jones will have a great game. Ware will sacks Donovan McNabb at least twice.

Desean Jackson will only burn us deep once. Philly will get less than 100 yards on the ground. Maclin helps convert a couple big 3rd downs. Celek has a good game.

Dallas 27 - Philly 23

Comment

• I hope you're right.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              I hope you're right.
              This game isn't really important. We'll win it. It's the last game of the season against them that I think we'll lose.

Comment

• I think you have it backwards. I'm almost positive that we lose this game. I'm seeing a 31-17 type game for Philly. Don't underestimate the difficulty we have playing in the Linc. Only game we've won there in the Romo era was in 2007. Last year's loss will play a big part in the psyche of the team this week. I just don't see it.
                Originally posted by 21ST
                He was protecting his self
                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                From what? His leg?
                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                  I think you have it backwards. I'm almost positive that we lose this game. I'm seeing a 31-17 type game for Philly. Don't underestimate the difficulty we have playing in the Linc. Only game we've won there in the Romo era was in 2007. Last year's loss will play a big part in the psyche of the team this week. I just don't see it.
                  Well it's just a guess. Without Westbrook and Dawkins, they don't scare me as much. McCoy isn't as difficult to contain. I think Ware will murder Jason Peters. Yeah, Desean is a big time threat, but I don't see him constantly beating us over and over.

That said... who knows... eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Well it's just a guess. Without Westbrook and Dawkins, they don't scare me as much. McCoy isn't as difficult to contain. I think Ware will murder Jason Peters. Yeah, Desean is a big time threat, but I don't see him constantly beating us over and over.

That said... who knows... eh?
                    I said all along that we would split with Philly and win at home. I think we lose this one, but have a good chance at winning. By no means do I feel were a lesser team, just the fact that it's a night game in Philly.

The key will be turnovers and stupid penalties. I think if we keep these to a minimum we'll have a good chance. Call me crazy, but Celek scares me more than Jackson. We may try to game plan against him by going man with Sensabaugh some.

Even if Westbrook plays, I'm not scared of their running attack.

Comment

• Desean has been a big play threat, but he isn't getting a ton of touches a game. You would think that just keeping him from beating you deep wouldn't be that hard, but obviously it is or other people would be able to do it.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Brian Dawkins still scares me at night. I keep having nightmares of him showing up on the field on Sunday.

Comment

• As for something a little different. It's going to be really interesting to see what kind of contract Miles Austin's agent will be seeking. JJ will more than likely try to get this done sooner rather than later. This one is damn near impossible to predict.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• The Eagles defense just isn't the same. I think we can move the ball.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                              Desean has been a big play threat, but he isn't getting a ton of touches a game. You would think that just keeping him from beating you deep wouldn't be that hard, but obviously it is or other people would be able to do it.
                              Well if he would stop scoring every time he touches the ball he would get more touches. :D JK

Originally posted by Macarthur
                              The Eagles defense just isn't the same. I think we can move the ball.
                              It is different you're right, but they're not worse. The only reason the Eagles defense is not rated top 5 in YPG is because on offense on 20 TD scoring drives only 3 have gone for more than 6 plays. That results in the defense being out on the field a lot more. In fact they're the team with the highest amount of scrimmage plays for a defense that has played 7 games and are 7th highest overall.

The Eagles defense is allowing the 5th fewest yards per pass play and the 5th fewest yards per run play. They lead the NFC in interceptions, 2nd in sacks, are allowing 19.0 points a game which is top 10 in the NFL and that number drops to a small 14.0 points a game if you take out the New Orleans game.
                              Last edited by Thumper; 11-02-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                                Well if he would stop scoring every time he touches the ball he would get more touches. :D JK

It is different you're right, but they're not worse. The only reason the Eagles defense is not rated top 5 in YPG is because on offense on 20 TD scoring drives only 3 have gone for more than 6 plays. That results in the defense being out on the field a lot more. In fact they're the team with the highest amount of scrimmage plays for a defense that has played 7 games and are 7th highest overall.

The Eagles defense is allowing the 5th fewest yards per pass play and the 5th fewest yards per run play. They lead the NFC in interceptions, 2nd in sacks, are allowing 19.0 points a game which is top 10 in the NFL and that number drops to a small 14.0 points a game if you take out the New Orleans game.
                                Blah blah blah. You lost to the Raiders.

Sell your logic elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information