Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I've noticed about the defense is that in the past two games, they've given up an early drive before playing much better as the game went on. It's a 180 from when they would play well all game long, and then give up the big drive at the end. Hopefully by the seasons end they can stay consistent, and not give up big drives. Sure people are going to score on them, but I want to see them play lights out all game long. I don't want to see them look like crap on one drive, and then look like the damn Doomsday D for the next 4 series.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• We need to press DeSean at the line harddddddddd and keep safety help over-the-top with Cover 1. Literally tell Hamlin (don't bother playing the run).

I don't think Philly has the patience to simply run for 200 yards. Reid is pass happy.

Also, I would overload either Tackle with blitzes forcing when they go 3 WR or if they split the TE -- force the Rookie RB or Weaver to block or get McNabb killed. Another option is play 1 MLB, move the SS into the box, play 3 OLB and constantly overload one side. Their tackles can't handle it and I think we have a major speed advantage on the edge.

This Philly team is pass happy and Philly gets most of its damage in the 3 WR sets on fairly deep drops. So kill the QB is the way to go b/c I don't think we can stay with their guys for more than 2 seconds.

I expect lots of blitz 5/6 almost all day with Cover 1.
      Last edited by herniateddisc; 11-03-2009, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Everybody has this fear of Desean Jackson & IMO it's unfounded. D is right, he won't be running those deep patterns uncovered vs Dallas over & over.

In his Combine he was listed as 180+ lbs, but on the scales he was like 178, & while at Cal he was ~172. The guy is just plain smurf-sized. On a kickoff return his rookie yr he got hit by a LB who outweighed him by almost 70 lbs & bounced him airborne like a flipper hitting a pinball. One solid hit on Jackson & he's on IR. Getting that hit is difficult to say the least with his awesome quickness, but he can be countered. Dallas & DC Phillips has a wk to review the NYG game videos & they can plan for him, it's going to be one of those team with the 1st mistake loses kind of games

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Everybody has this fear of Desean Jackson & IMO it's unfounded.
          Fantastic statement. Great, he's tiny. He's also averaging north of 20 ypc. He's had a play of at least 51 yards or more in five of the past six games. DeSean's done well against the Cowboys before (6/110 in the first game last year, 2 for 46 and drew a huge P.I on Newman in the end zone in the second game). Your "one hit and he's on IR" comment is overused, inaccurate and generic. The ignore feature is a wonderful one. I think it's time for me to use it.

DeMarcus Ware is the reason Dallas wins this game. I think he'll have a great game. I also didn't think Miles Austin was legit (or that big!) but he should have a good game, too.
          Last edited by Sniper; 11-03-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            Well if he would stop scoring every time he touches the ball he would get more touches. :D JK

It is different you're right, but they're not worse. The only reason the Eagles defense is not rated top 5 in YPG is because on offense on 20 TD scoring drives only 3 have gone for more than 6 plays. That results in the defense being out on the field a lot more. In fact they're the team with the highest amount of scrimmage plays for a defense that has played 7 games and are 7th highest overall.

The Eagles defense is allowing the 5th fewest yards per pass play and the 5th fewest yards per run play. They lead the NFC in interceptions, 2nd in sacks, are allowing 19.0 points a game which is top 10 in the NFL and that number drops to a small 14.0 points a game if you take out the New Orleans game.
            I certainly didn't mean to imply that your D isn't good becasue I think they are a good defense.

I say this more because I just had a very high opinion of Dawkins and Johnson. Dallas' offense really seems to be in a good groove. Our OL looks like it did in 07, which was dominate. As long as we keep this game close going into the 4th, I think we pull away. Our size and power can take over the game as long as it's not like our game up there last year.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
              Everybody has this fear of Desean Jackson & IMO it's unfounded. D is right, he won't be running those deep patterns uncovered vs Dallas over & over.
              Maybe not, but at this point he should be one of the most feared offensive players in the entire league right now and it's certainly justified.

He may not just be running around uncovered, but it could be a well time reverse, screen pass, PR, he needs to be accounted for, all it takes is 1 person losing focus, or taking the wrong angle for him to score from all over the field.

There aren't many players like him in the league, I firmly believe that Jenkins should shadow him all game and put safety help over the top every single time. Put Newman on Maclin and let him play man to man.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                As for something a little different. It's going to be really interesting to see what kind of contract Miles Austin's agent will be seeking. JJ will more than likely try to get this done sooner rather than later. This one is damn near impossible to predict.
                True, but you can be 100% certain Jerry doesn't let him go anywhere else.

I wonder if everyone around here still wants to trade him for a 2nd round pick still.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I wonder if everyone around here still wants to trade him for a 2nd round pick still.
                  I was one of those people who would have been fine to let him go to New York in exchange for the compensation. At the time, it made too much sense. Roy Williams, Crayton, Hurd/Stanback didn't seem vastly superior to Williams, Crayton, and Austin. The team has had a very poor recent history of developing wideout talent, so there was no reason to believe Austin would realize his potential. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Oh for sure, he'll certainly be back. No worries there.

I'm hoping Bowen and Sam will see new contracts as well. They have certainly played well enough to warrant new contracts. And Sam's role on ST alone should get him a new contract. He's a gunner and our upback these days, he leads the team in ST tackles. And he is taking advantage of every chance he gets in the offense. Sign him up.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-03-2009, 02:04 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• So are we sure we know what Austin is? Can we count on this from here on out? All doubts erased?

Comment

• I wouldnt say that yet. It's early, but he's off to a fantastic start. This week could be a good barometer, he still hasnt seen a really good corner yet. We played two horrible secondaries and then he spent a lot of time with a very rusty Marcus Trufant. He's shown enough that, I do have confidence in him. I just dont know how much of a drop off we'll see when he starts to see those better defenders.

Barring injury, he's going to be just fine.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-03-2009, 02:57 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• We also haven't seen him double covered with defenses planning to stop him.

I think it's absolutely awesome to see him perform the way he has the last few weeks. But I think it's premature to crown him the way he's been crowned at the same time.

He has the rest of the year and all the opportunity in the world to show how legitimate he can be. Greatest story of the year for Cowboys fans so far. Let's hope he has continued success.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            We also haven't seen him double covered with defenses planning to stop him.

I think it's absolutely awesome to see him perform the way he has the last few weeks. But I think it's premature to crown him the way he's been crowned at the same time.

He has the rest of the year and all the opportunity in the world to show how legitimate he can be. Greatest story of the year for Cowboys fans so far. Let's hope he has continued success.
                            True, he was only double covered at most two times against Seattle. It's bound to come if he keeps producing and Williams keeps on sucking on the other side. I do agree, too early to crown him but, we're all loving it right now. Hopefully, it does indeed continue.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              We also haven't seen him double covered with defenses planning to stop him.

If Miles Austin starts to see double coverage, that would be one of the best things to happen to this team since T.O.'s departure. I think Witten needs some of the pressure taken off.

Comment

• Sheldon Brown vs. Miles Austin should be a fun battle to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information